Kanye to The banner

Should Kanye Should Play the Role of Exec. Producer After 6th Solo

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
55,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know I'm getting carried by ALREADY talking bout the sixth solo when the GOOD album ain't even out yet...but I feel like Kanye should take a more "RZA-ish" role after the next solo album. Hold off working on that NEXT PROJECT (7th Solo or WTT2) and really just executive produce for the GOOD roster. I mean I want him to do what he did for Common for Cudi, Big Sean, CyHi, D'banj, Mr. Hudson, Pusha....(Cons?).

I'm not in anyway trying to say Kanye is selfish in the following lines but there's hardly any 'Ye produced backing as of recent...maybe like a TRACK or TWO. But other than that it's usually NO ID who comes through and I love NO ID and everything but 'Ye West DOE :cryfam:

What do you guys think? Do you feel after the release of the next solo he should slow down and work with other artists from GOOD in the sense where he's handling the majority or basically the ENTIRE production by himself//his production unit or he should continue to work on his own shit.

I get giving creative control and shit but...Kanye usually has a VISION and makes a great executive producer and this backing could really be the best thing that happens to the rest of GOOD.

I personally think he should be working with GOOD members one on one with their respective projects AND at the same time do killer features for the usual suspects (outside of GOOD) -- T.I., Jay-Z, Jeezy, Khaled, Ross etc etc

DISCUSS. :tash:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
makes sense but i dont think he will allow himself to be tied down, whether that be musically or expanding to DONDA, fashion, etc.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
he cant produce entire albums for EVERYBODY on Good Music, just too many people...but he can give them a beat or 2 and couple features and just focus on what he wants to do

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
naaa almost everything ye's putting out is pure gold at the moment. why stop when he's releasing this much musical goodness.

imo he should just keep going until he feels what he's making isn't improving or as good as it can be

·
Registered
55,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drop.out said:
naaa almost everything ye's putting out is pure gold at the moment. why stop when he's releasing this much musical goodness.

imo he should just keep going until he feels what he's making isn't improving or as good as it can be
I get that but I mean HE NEEDS to work with other good members too tbh

·
Registered
55,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
B-ri said:
he cant produce entire albums for EVERYBODY on Good Music, just too many people...but he can give them a beat or 2 and couple features and just focus on what he wants to do
THATS THE POINT DOE.
Imagine a Pusha album with 10 'Ye Production Unit cuts and then two months later Cudi with 6-7 (assuming Emile & Plain Pat takeover) and then 12 (co-produced NO ID) for Big Sean and on and on and on :allears: and after he's done a whole round, start working on that next project.

I don't think making beats is really a problem for a label that keeps so many great in-house producers

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
I can agree with this. I think there should maybe be a year and a half to 2 year wait for Ye's 7th solo album. Take the executive producer role on his artist's albums, take some time to perfect his fashion game and do some outside features here and there to keep people hungry for more Ye. Also that wait will give Kanye some time to recharge creatively and maybe even provide him with more material to right about. If he does this then there's no way his 7th solo won't be the biggest album of that year. A hungry Kanye drops classics

·
Registered
19,895 Posts
I'm selfish and think Ye should focus heavily on his own projects, but give his label-mates proper creative direction.

·
Banned
664 Posts
his 6 th solo album will propably come out next year.i think after this he will take a brake from music  and 5 years later he will come back with that goat album (blackamericanpsycho :twisted:)

·
Premium Member
41,098 Posts
I think him doing anything other than the stupid fashion shit he wastes his time on would be extremely productive :work:

·
Registered
55,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
koedog. said:
I'm selfish and think Ye should focus heavily on his own projects, but give his label-mates proper creative direction.
Helping out fellow label mates can get him into producing beats BY HIMSELF again and just producing in general. I don't think anyone but Jay-Z from outside GOOD is getting a 'Ye beat anymore I mean sometimes others rappers sound dope as fuck over a Ye beat.

·
Registered
55,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TurkishDelight said:
his 6 th solo album will propably come out next year.i think after this he will take a brake from music  and 5 years later he will come back with that goat album (blackamericanpsycho :twisted:)
He should take a break so he doesn't run out of things to rap about

·
Banned
2,232 Posts
Derz said:
I think him doing anything other than the stupid fashion shit he wastes his time on would be extremely productive :work:
Yeah dude that fashion, and DONDA shit waste ALOT of time. What fuck does DONDA do anyway?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts