Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to really think AOTL has 2 meanings lol. The analogy he used as getting ready to see your girl, and than walking up the stairs to find out she's cheating on you...I mean c'mon that's identical lol.

I mean think about it, in the song he even mentions pop culture like "Somethin' wrong, I hold my head, MJ gone, our ***** dead", and the chorus is basically about all of the lights of the high profile life. He even references Michael Jackson in the speech cause he was misunderstood as well.

Plus he talks about being replaced by someone and shit, it connects perfectly...
So ya I think AOTL is a double meaning for his relationship with the music industry but that's just me :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
i relate the first verse to the vmas a LOT

"something wrong, i hold my head
mj gone, our ***** dead" = the vmas were a tribute to mj that night and kept bringing him up so that obviously made kanye upset thinking about it
"i slapped my girl, she called the feds" = his irrational decision about being upset about mj, in essence "slapping" taylor swift. "called the feds" is the music industry and media basically prosecuting him for it.
"i did that time and spent that bread" = his time away from the us, spending money on his fashion line and music
"im heading home, im almost there,
on my way, headed up the stairs" = him feeling like hes finally getting back into acceptance in culture
"to my surprise, a ***** replacing me
i had to take 'em to that ghetto university" = shitty rappers that have popped up since hes gone away need to be shown how its done

·
Premium Member
11,020 Posts
Derezzed said:

mj gone, our ***** dead" = the vmas were a tribute to mj that night and kept bringing him up so that obviously made kanye upset thinking about it
"i slapped my girl, she called the feds" = his irrational decision about being upset about mj, in essence "slapping" taylor swift. "called the feds" is the music industry and media basically prosecuting him for it.
"i did that time and spent that bread" = his time away from the us, spending money on his fashion line and music
on my way, headed up the stairs" = him feeling like hes finally getting back into acceptance in culture
i had to take 'em to that ghetto university" = shitty rappers that have popped up since hes gone away need to be shown how its done
:wom:

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Derezzed said:

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING B!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wow...hadn't thought about that verse like that but I like that interpretation of it.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Derezzed said:

"to my surprise, a ***** replacing me" = Drake! i actually heard him in a recent interview say it out loud!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts