Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's take a look at the most recent (chronologically) songs on the album (based on references in the lyrics):

-No More Parties In L.A.
-30 Hours.
-High Lights?.
-Facts.
-Real Friends
-Ultra Light Beam

And what are the best lyrics on the album?:
-No More Parties in L.A (both Kendrick and Ye verses)
-30 Hours
-Ultra Light Beam (Chance's verse)
-Real Friends

So, if we think about it, the most recent songs actually have best lyrics, but the older ones (FSMH, Wolves, etc.) are lackluster, so imo Kanye went on a lyrical slump around some time in the past, but he recovered when he was finishing the album in the near past.

Tell me what y'all think bout this

·
Premium Member
45,219 Posts
sirhova7 said:
Let's take a look at the most recent (chronologically) songs on the album (based on references in the lyrics):

-No More Parties In L.A.
-30 Hours.
-High Lights?.
-Facts.
-Real Friends

And what are the best lyrics on the album?:
-No More Parties in L.A (both Kendrick and Ye verses)
-30 Hours
-Ultra Light Beam (Chance's verse)
-Real Friends

So, if we think about it, the most recent songs actually have best lyrics, but the older ones (FSMH, Wolves, etc.) are lackluster, so imo Kanye went on a lyrical slump around some time in the past, but he recovered when he was finishing the album in the near past.

Tell me what y'all think bout this
doesnt change the fact that 70% of the lyrics have no substance :(

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I feel like those saying the lyrics were weak don't know any other form of songwriting other than hip-hop

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY TIMBS SHKRELI
QUOTE THIS & REPOST THIS IMAGE IN 10 OTHER THREADS OR YOUR RENT WILL BE INCREASED 5,000%

·
Banned
30,170 Posts
:what: the Wolves verse is a new verse

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
everybody is focusing in on a few lines when there are some pretty dope lines on here tbh

to me the only real bad line is the asshole bleach one. That to me is the worst part of the album. other than that i don't think anything is too bad lyrically.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts