Kanye to The banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I just want to thank anyone who actually reads this post. I am fully expecting more than one TL; DRs and I can completely apreciate that. To me, KTT is almost like its own living breathing society. You have people from all different walks of life all communing in a common general space. Of course, in every society you start to get people forming cliques or sects and sticking to these that they call friends. Conversely, you have the people who refuse to follow the rules aka the criminals or the trolls, that ultimately end up recieving punishment from the society for going against the grain. One interesting thing that carries over (and the reason for my post) is people's inability to empathise with sects with views other than their own. I've seen it all over KTT and I feel that its magnified by the fact that some of you feel fearless to say what your heart truly feels when you have the safety of a computer screen to hide your identity. Whether it be sports fans entering the WWE thread saying its not a sport and should be placed in the TV section, or the consistant stream of threads about the word ******, there just seems to be a fearlessness about being behind a computer screen that actual life does not afford.

Now to be honest, I feel like when people have an airwave to express their actual feelings it is a truly powerful thing. I also do not believe in censorship of any kind. But what I do have a problem with is comprehending why people have such a hard time empathising with someone who has a different viewpoint to them. Maybe I am being naive in some respect. Some people would like to say that it's just nature for us human beings to like things that are like us and hate everything different. A perfect example of this is when you look into some of the most diverse societies in the world and realise that everyone stays within his own circle and no one truly ever ventures out. But is this truly the norm, or are we programmed to hate by the media and by the people surrounding us?

This is my burning question for the day..........discuss

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Theres too many pretentious people on this forum to even begin tbh, your right though I bet if it was all in person half of the keyboard warriors would be nothing like they are on here

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I think its the media and the fact that your hidden behind your computer. Haters just get more attention than someone agrees with you.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
i'm just gonna say if my life currently didn't suck i wouldn't have read all that shit

on the real doe, people are programmed people are motivated by fear, particularly fear of change, change weakens society, and if people are comfortable with there ideas and beliefs they find solitude in them and it takes a lot to step away from that solitude and be like maybe the bible ain't all that or maybe the republicans really are full of shit

of course the media does cause a lot of shit in our society but the media is really just part of our society, and people got to be able to step away from the media and be like, huh i'm gonna read up on this, or wait a second why the fuck do i care about tiger woods's ho's and miley cyrus

you have inspired me to get off this sight and read, if i can read your whole thing about ktt i should be able to go read a book and learn something

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thislandisyourland said:
i'm just gonna say if my life currently didn't suck i wouldn't have read all that shit

on the real doe, people are programmed people are motivated by fear, particularly fear of change, change weakens society, and if people are comfortable with there ideas and beliefs they find solitude in them and it takes a lot to step away from that solitude and be like maybe the bible ain't all that or maybe the republicans really are full of shit

of course the media does cause a lot of shit in our society but the media is really just part of our society, and people got to be able to step away from the media and be like, huh i'm gonna read up on this, or wait a second why the fuck do i care about tiger woods's ho's and miley cyrus

you have inspired me to get off this sight and read, if i can read your whole thing about ktt i should be able to go read a book and learn something
bold bit is sooo true
glad i could impact someone :)

·
Registered
25,423 Posts
iYeezy said:
Theres too many pretentious people on this forum to even begin tbh, your right though I bet if it was all in person half of the keyboard warriors would be nothing like they are on here

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
There's a lot of people who use the "hiding behind a computer", as a base to be fake, or something they're not. This consists with, fighting or arguing. Which branches from trying to be cool, or tough, which ultimately goes back to being something you're not.

Since no one can see you, it's a barrier or mask, so there's nothing stopping someone from being phony.

It goes for anything, there's also people who may not be very smart in person, but on a computer, they try to seem as smart as possible.

Also, on a not so negative note, I for example could communicate better and sort of "hit things off" with someone by texting or through internet, far better than in person. Why? because you can think out and plan what you're gonna' say, is this being fake? depends, anyone can also lie in person, so you can lie on a text conversation. Depends on you. But it is also a mask.

So what drives this is personal self esteem.  :dno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts