Kanye to The banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up KTT,

I recently started Vlogging my journey as a music producer and I dropped a rant video last week about my insecurities.

If you feel like no one understands your GRIND, I get it. This video just shows my transparency.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,922 Posts
i feel like ppl expect results too quick when talkin about the grind :khaled:
most ppl think its;
pick a pen, a beat, write some songs and one year from now we in the hills :ffpu:

while it isnt that easy, it takes alot of experimenting and connecting, lots of hard work

even ppl who dont do music, dont understand this, they take makin a song is as easy heatin up popcorn in the microwave

the grind might just be the most important part of music(also the confirmation/sophomore phase), but this process really tests ppl to the limits
its when u end up crashing against a brick wall and find yourself starin at it like how am i goin to pass this???
then this is where ppl either give up or just continuo working harder to pass that wall

im still busy grinding too, but durin the grindin ive unlocked and opened many things and boxes

thats why i always say;
your goal shouldnt be; i want this money, i want that house, i want these jewels etc....
no ur goal should be; imma reach a new plateau, make this type of song, perfect this flow, this delivery, rap over these beats etc.....

then u challenge yourself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LordPrettyFlackoJr said:
i feel like ppl expect results too quick when talkin about the grind :khaled:
most ppl think its;
pick a pen, a beat, write some songs and one year from now we in the hills :ffpu:

while it isnt that easy, it takes alot of experimenting and connecting, lots of hard work

even ppl who dont do music, dont understand this, they take makin a song is as easy heatin up popcorn in the microwave

the grind might just be the most important part of music(also the confirmation/sophomore phase), but this process really tests ppl to the limits
its when u end up crashing against a brick wall and find yourself starin at it like how am i goin to pass this???
then this is where ppl either give up or just continuo working harder to pass that wall

im still busy grinding too, but durin the grindin ive unlocked and opened many things and boxes

thats why i always say;
your goal shouldnt be; i want this money, i want that house, i want these jewels etc....
no ur goal should be; imma reach a new plateau, make this type of song, perfect this flow, this delivery, rap over these beats etc.....

then u challenge yourself
Exactly bro, you are completely right. Thats why a lot of people give up and quit the next day because they have a sense of entitlement and expectation.

And if you get rid of those two variables you are golden. Thank you for the insight G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,922 Posts
iampotillo said:
Exactly bro, you are completely right. Thats why a lot of people give up and quit the next day because they have a sense of entitlement and expectation.

And if you get rid of those two variables you are golden. Thank you for the insight G.
Also i think most ppl just overestimate themselves and underrate the mechanics, lil things in rap that seem easy are actually very hard and take long to develop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LordPrettyFlackoJr said:
Also i think most ppl just overestimate themselves and underrate the mechanics, lil things in rap that seem easy are actually very hard and take long to develop
You're right! Also people never step outside the box and try different techniques. People don't understand that marketing and content creation is the future
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,922 Posts
iampotillo said:
You're right! Also people never step outside the box and try different techniques. People don't understand that marketing and content creation is the future
Man ppl be lazy and think money man
"This sound is popular,so i must imitate it and grab money!"
Shame its not that easy :hah:
Thats why i encourage artists to find their own style first, if u do that,u already give the listeners/fans a reason to come to u since u the only one offering this sound, ur already a step ahead
Now if u go bigger u can simply try and find a way to dumb down ur own sound

But why would u make musix everyone else does and specially in a lane u already got major A and B list artists....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LordPrettyFlackoJr said:
Man ppl be lazy and think money man
"This sound is popular,so i must imitate it and grab money!"
Shame its not that easy :hah:
Thats why i encourage artists to find their own style first, if u do that,u already give the listeners/fans a reason to come to u since u the only one offering this sound, ur already a step ahead
Now if u go bigger u can simply try and find a way to dumb down ur own sound

But why would u make musix everyone else does and specially in a lane u already got major A and B list artists....
Dead ass bro. When you chase money nothing ever comes literally bruh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,922 Posts
iampotillo said:
Dead ass bro. When you chase money nothing ever comes literally bruh
Nope, u might get some crumbs here and there but u just get lost in the sauce then
U first wanna try and create art that moves ppl, then it starts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LordPrettyFlackoJr said:
Nope, u might get some crumbs here and there but u just get lost in the sauce then
U first wanna try and create art that moves ppl, then it starts
Exactly!!!!!! bro you the goat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,922 Posts
iampotillo said:
Exactly!!!!!! bro you the goat
Ay as an artist myself ik the struggles and shit,how important those extra few years of hard work are, even when u think u ready
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LordPrettyFlackoJr said:
Ay as an artist myself ik the struggles and shit,how important those extra few years of hard work are, even when u think u ready
Hard work is the factor that decides if you make it or not
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top