Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you get your panties in a bunch, read the thread title, it says ''some''..oh, and this is not a debate thread.(we already have one)

First off, I just want to talk about(some) atheists that think that by being atheists are some sort of revolutionaries, heroes etc. etc. or that they're gonna change the world by being atheists. Being an atheist is not an achievement but a personal choice, here's my rant..

You were born and raised in the western world where there's already an apathy towards religion, most people that claim to be Christians use Christianity as a socially acceptable status, all you did was embrace that apathy and use it to feel more sophisticated and intelligent.

''Does God exist?'' You act like the answer to this question is equal to who's team is better :facepalm2:  This question has been debated by the greatest scientists, philosophers, writers and politicians/kings for centuries upon centuries and you think you know the answer just cause you watched zeitgeist and some youtube vids about ''atheism's open mindedness''....again, one facepalm is not enough. :facepalm2:

You blame Theism for the world's barbarity. Yeah, I admit it, the world has used religion as an excuse to slaughter millions, including genocide and torture but thinking that the same assholes that used religion wouldn't use another excuse to slaughter people is just retarded. Catholics and Christians didn't invent burning witches nor genocides, some of  'em embraced it but know your shit. Also, many Christians were slaughtered in rome which brings me to my point, If people want to serve their interests, they'll find an excuse. Thinking that without religion we'd have world peace is stupid, you know why? cause goverments have their own interests and the absence of religion wouldn't stop 'em. :facepalm2:

The Big Bang makes the same amount of sense creationism makes. I'll admit it, thinking that someone created the whole universe from scratch doesn't make sense but same goes for the idea of nothing creating everything from some explosion...which brings me to back to my original point, it's a matter of choice, not logistics, being a Christian or an Atheist doesn't make you better/more intelligent/more spiritual than others.

The point of this thread: If you use your beliefs for self-validation, you're a fucking retarded person that is caught up in his reflection.

KTT, for once, don't catch feelings and show me that you can have an actual discussion. :work:








 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,688 Posts
As an atheist, I can respect this thread OP. You didn't attack atheism in itself, just a certain kind of atheist. You didn't come in with a superiority complex. There's definitely a large number of atheists who act exactly how you described and honestly, I'm guilty of it sometimes too. As much as I call Christians on their bullshit, sometimes I attack religion and act like a cocky bastard about it as if I'm automatically superior for being a non-believer. A lot of atheists will bash religion and proclaim they're atheists in an attempt to appear progressive and new age and more intelligent, when they can be just as ignorant and intolerant as the Christians they're bashing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,440 Posts
As an atheist the problem i have is theist dont really have a definition of God that makes sense and are completely illogical toward modern science and philosophy for example someone answer this
what is the definition of God you believe in? in a religious sense like Christianity or Islam
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darren said:
As an atheist, I can respect this thread OP. You didn't attack atheism in itself, just a certain kind of atheist. You didn't come in with a superiority complex. There's definitely a large number of atheists who act exactly how you described and honestly, I'm guilty of it sometimes too. As much as I call Christians on their bullshit, sometimes I attack religion and act like a cocky bastard about it as if I'm automatically superior for being a non-believer. A lot of atheists will bash religion and proclaim they're atheists in an attempt to appear progressive and new age and more intelligent, when they can be just as ignorant and intolerant as the Christians they're bashing.
I respect that.
Robespierre said:
As an atheist the problem i have is theist dont really have a definition of God that makes sense and are completely illogical toward modern science and philosophy for example someone answer this
what is the definition of God you believe in? in a religious sense like Christianity or Islam
Theism has been around since ancient times and it doesn't have to adapt to modern science or philosophy while atheism is based on science and philosophy, to put it simply, the two beliefs have two different lanes.

Theism can be supported by philosophy and science but, most people choose to use faith.

Speaking about illogical, the fact we can't see God, doesn't mean He doesn't exist. For example, the string theory talks about this vibrating energy we can't see that creates all the different dimensions we can't perceive...you get what I'm sayin?

perceivable and possible are 2 different things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,440 Posts
Mario XIII said:
I respect that.Theism has been around since ancient times and it doesn't have to adapt to modern science or philosophy while atheism is based on science and philosophy, to put it simply, the two beliefs have two different lanes.

Theism can be supported by philosophy and science but, most people choose to use faith.

Speaking about illogical, the fact we can't see God, doesn't mean He doesn't exist. For example, the string theory talks about this vibrating energy we can't see that creates all the different dimensions we can't perceive...you get what I'm sayin?

perceivable and possible are 2 different things.
true but u didnt answer my question what is god? some people will say Gods all knowing which is impossible some people will say hes all present which is also impossible
the problem is people dont know wt they believe in and try to irrationally make it logical
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robespierre said:
true but u didnt answer my question what is god? some people will say Gods all knowing which is impossible some people will say hes all present which is also impossible
the problem is people dont know wt they believe in and try to irrationally make it logical
Well, I don't think the world impossible can be implemented to God, you are using human standards to judge what's impossible but the belief that he created the world/time/humans/animals/LIFE already puts Him above impossible.

As far as all knowing and and all present goes, you have to understand, God doesn't have nor need a body and since he doesn't have a body he's not held down by the boundaries of a body, If He had a body he wouldn't be all knowing and all present but now, he has no boundaries.

If you take some time to think that God doesn't have human boundaries(which makes sense cause since he created us, he's above us) it makes sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
The type of atheist I don't like is the Dawkins type where they just rant about religion.  At least when Hitchens ranted about religion he had the courage to come and debate some of the best christian thinkers out.  Dawkins on the other hand just wants himself on stage to rant without being challenged. 

Robespierre said:
As an atheist the problem i have is theist dont really have a definition of God that makes sense and are completely illogical toward modern science and philosophy for example someone answer this
what is the definition of God you believe in? in a religious sense like Christianity or Islam
I had this talk in the Philosophers Corner, I would say God is a Personal Creator of the universe, who is uncaused, beginning less, changeless, immaterial, timeless, space less and unimaginably powerful. I would also say he is the source of all that is Good in this world.  I'm also a christian based on Jesus of Nazareth claims that he was the Son of God, Son of Man and Messiah, his death and following vindication of those claims by his resurrection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Mario XIII said:
The Big Bang makes the same amount of sense creationism makes.
There is quite a significant amount of evidence that would support the big bang theory whereas creationism can't logically be justified though, can it? I think your rant is aimed at ignorant bandwagoners, not atheists per se, you could nitpick at these type of flaws in people of any belief.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,397 Posts
Mario XIII said:
The Big Bang makes the same amount of sense creationism makes
except one is supported by the mainstream scientific community because it's rooted in already established scientific principals

creationism is not supported by scientific evidence
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
66,017 Posts
Y3K said:
There is quite a significant amount of evidence that would support the big bang theory whereas creationism can't logically be justified though, can it? I think your rant is aimed at ignorant bandwagoners, not atheists per se, you could nitpick at these type of flaws in people of any belief.
Energy can not be created nor destroyed, it can only be transfered, the energy this universe has didnt come from nothing because in order for everything to to exist there has to be a preternatural source(aka creator(s)), the "big bang theory"( or the nothing and void method mention in the bible) didnt start in this dimension.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
newsimth1 said:
Energy can not be created nor destroyed, it can only be transfered, the energy this universe has didnt come from nothing because in order for everything to to exist there has to be a preternatural source(aka creator(s)), the "big bang theory"( or the nothing and void method mention in the bible) didnt start in this dimension.
Oh, right. I'm sold on that gibberish. There is a God folks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
you also need to define creationism.  I would consider myself a creationist.  I would creationism is knowing that God created everything (science maths and logic will leads to this if your willing to follow the evidence).  However some people view creationism as 6 day adam and eve stuff.  I don't accept this.  I'm ok with evolution but don't accept Neo Darwinism as i view it as problematic and not proven as of yet. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,683 Posts
Mario XIII said:
being an Atheist doesn't make you better/more intelligent/more spiritual than others.
I strongly believe religion and god was invented by the human race. and I'm guilty of thinkin the above sometimes, but i'm trying to work on the hate i have for religion.

Question; what is religion good for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Whatever your beliefs, I see all of it as a type of escapism, believe in whatever you believe in and get through life. It's the ones that judge others and are desperate to force their beliefs onto you that are annoying.
 
1 - 20 of 288 Posts
Top