Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first downloaded that mixtape I was blown away, he was doing things differently, making his own sound, I expected soooo much out of Cudi after that, every song sounded great, every beat was dope and he wasn't mumbling constantly like he did in MOTM2, his flow was nice and this is what made me love Cudder. Don't get me wrong, not hating on his albums but imo they don't even come close to the mixtape.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Jesus Christ, every time an artist has a great debut album or mixtape everybody rides that shit into the ground and hates on his new stuff. Don't get me wrong, AKNC was fuckin amazing (i have the CD and T-shirt), but to just dismiss his newer stuff is ignorance of the highest kind. Cudi could just sit back and make a hundred "Maui Wowie"s and "The Prayer"s and everybody would like him and know him as that rapper that is chills and talks about real shit. Instead, he chose to test himself and make different types of music much like every great artist does at some point. The Beatles didn't just make poppy bullshit their whole career, they aspired to be something more and evolved.The Who evolved, Dylan evolved, Kanye evolved, the list goes on. Cudi aspired to be better than he everyone thought he could be. I applaud the dude for putting his reputation out there with MOTM2; he's more than just a good rapper now. And if you wanna hate on the new stuff anyway, that's your opinion so I can't say I'm right and you're wrong because that would be ignorant.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
BadMotherCudder said:
Jesus Christ, every time an artist has a great debut album or mixtape everybody rides that shit into the ground and hates on his new stuff. Don't get me wrong, AKNC was fuckin amazing (i have the CD and T-shirt), but to just dismiss his newer stuff is ignorance of the highest kind. Cudi could just sit back and make a hundred "Maui Wowie"s and "The Prayer"s and everybody would like him and know him as that rapper that is chills and talks about real shit. Instead, he chose to test himself and make different types of music much like every great artist does at some point. The Beatles didn't just make poppy bullshit their whole career, they aspired to be something more and evolved.The Who evolved, Dylan evolved, Kanye evolved, the list goes on. Cudi aspired to be better than he everyone thought he could be. I applaud the dude for putting his reputation out there with MOTM2; he's more than just a good rapper now. And if you wanna hate on the new stuff anyway, that's your opinion so I can't say I'm right and you're wrong because that would be ignorant.

G

·
BadMotherCudder said:
OMFG QFT!
So true,

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
BadMotherCudder said:

·
Registered
30 Posts
BadMotherCudder said:

nahh i think cudi fell off or he is at a different point in his life where his music is going to sound more "emo" than his previous stuff

·
Registered
5 Posts
BadMotherCudder said:
I agree with parts but then again I also disagree.  I don't agree with evolving always being a good thing, I do however respect it a lot.  I like Cudi as much as a lot of you but I don't think this cd was as good as his other work.  Your examples have validity of who has evolved.  My biggest example is Jay, reasonable doubt has a totally different vibe than the first blueprint and yet I think both are classics.  I don't think evolving is always the right choice.  I know a lot of you don't like Charles Hamilton and think hes crazy (no denying that).  But he tried evolving from his original sound, which is real dope but he tried mixing up his style recently and hasn't been the same.  I don't know if this all makes sense but basically my point is I respect him for trying to break out of his original sound but sometimes you don't always exceed doing that.  I like Cudi a lot but I don't think this cd is up to par of MOTM and the mixtape

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
BadMotherCudder said:
you speak the truth man

·
Registered
5 Posts
KingReturns said:
Actually, none of this is true.
MOTM2 is different from MOTM1 which is different from AKNC.
They're different, not better or worse.
So by this theory Lil Wayne and Cudi are not comparable.  They are just different right?
Everyone has a favorite and I'm not gonna tell you which one to like better but one is always better than another.  To me MOTM has like no skippable songs on it while MOTM 2 has about 2 or 3 skippable songs.  So to me, MOTM is better.

Another example would be with my favorite artist, Nas.  So with your point, Illmatic and Stillmatic are equal b/c they are different, while I think Illmatic is one of the best cds ever.  Besides just enjoying listening to the music, part of the fun is comparing the music.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts