·
Registered
37,386 Posts

·
Registered
37,386 Posts
PreAcid said:
about 80 % honest haha
i cant name too many classics to come out of the 90s besides stuff from Radiohead and Nirvana
RHCP? Pearl Jam?

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
PreAcid said:
about 80 % honest haha
i cant name too many classics to come out of the 90s besides stuff from Radiohead and Nirvana
Loveless
Soft Bulletin
Slanted and Enchanted
Siamese Dream
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Parklife
Bee Thousand
Icky Mettle
No Pocky For Kitty
Blue Album
Pinkerton
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Emergency & I
If You're Feeling Sinister
Spiderland
Laughing Stock
The Lonesome Crowded West
Exile in Guyville
Alien Lanes
I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One
Painful
Perfect From Now On
69 Love Songs
Summerteeth
A Series of Sneaks

that's just at the top of my head

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
ecabney said:
Loveless
Soft Bulletin
Slanted and Enchanted
Siamese Dream
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Parklife
Bee Thousand
Icky Mettle
No Pocky For Kitty
Blue Album
Pinkerton
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Emergency & I
If You're Feeling Sinister
Spiderland
Laughing Stock
The Lonesome Crowded West
Exile in Guyville
Alien Lanes
I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One
Painful
Perfect From Now On
69 Love Songs
Summerteeth
A Series of Sneaks

that's just at the top of my head
maybe i'm just not too educated on 90s music  :dno:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Oh man, thinking about the 90s give me butterflies. I don't know how people with a passion for music got through the 90s without spontaneously combusting. Hip hop was absolutely titanic. Alt-rock and indie rock were totally stellar. Post-rock developed into a real force by the end of the decade. As with hip hop, the sheer number of metal classics from the 90s is phenomenal and, unlike hip hop, those albums are an extremely diverse bunch too. For the first half of the decade black metal was one of the most astonishing things happening in the world, for example. In the UK, music was as unifying as it has been since The Beatles, with the Britpop explosion. At the start of the decade, shoegaze was prospering. Drum n bass and breakbeat reached a watershed by the end of the decade. So many movements, so much classic music, and I've definitely forgotten stuff.

The 2000s are better than most people will remember though. Post-metal was the finest development of the decade IMO. The first wave of dubstep was exciting, even though the genre has been bastardized since. There were more stunning indie rock albums than you would be able to count, and plenty of quality hip hop albums. Most of the most exciting stuff probably came from metal to be honest, but it was a great decade.

The 90s by some distance though.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts