Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so i'm Frank tha DJ and i'm a small time DJ from Florida. I DJ high school dances and college parties in my small town and I noticed that no one here, except for the group of people I hang out with, appreciate good music. I played Monster at a party and noone knew what it was or seemed to like it. All they wanna hear down here is Gucci mane, waka flocka, and lil wayne. I figured I'd join this forum so I could chat with people like me who share my taste in hip hop. While I do enjoy Gucci, waka, wayne, tpain, ect (i do live in the south after all) I also really enjoy more lyrical hip hop. Kanye, Lupe, J. Cole, Cudi, Drake, Wiz Khalifa, The Roots, Eminem, ect.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
welcome to board man, im from Miami and i know exactly what u mean by ppl going ape shit for shitty ass waka flaka and gucci mane. but there's still a lot of ye and G.O.O.D. music lovers out there.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
i live in broward so i hear you.
back when glow in the dark tour was down here i don't even remember there being that many people at the show. considering the line up.

·
Registered
25,033 Posts
Welcome to the site! :)

FrankThaDJ said:
While I do enjoy Gucci, waka, wayne, tpain, ect (i do live in the south after all)
Might wanna delete this from your post if you don't want to get flamed by a bunch of elitist stans on here :work:

G

·
Jasper305 said:
welcome to board man, im from Miami and i know exactly what u mean by ppl going ape shit for shitty ass waka flaka and gucci mane. but there's still a lot of ye and G.O.O.D. music lovers out there.

G

·
Fuck Wayne and gucci and flo rida and waka and soulja boy and the new boys and all those fuckin idiots, u came to the right place

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL!! yeah people don't appreciate good music down here it seems. last year Lupe Fiasco performed at the University of Florida and Drake opened up for him. The concert was like sold out and after Drake came out and did his like 30 minute set, like half the people left. They didn't even bother  staying to watch Lupe perform (who killed it by the way. he's a much better performer thank drake.) Also Common and Kid Cudi performed for FREE at UF and still there wasn't that many people there. no where near the projected amount that the school thought was gonna be there. and that was one of the best concerts i've ever been to. Me and my friend got there really early so we were all the way at the front of the stage. My goal for the night was to rub Common's head but sadly that didn't happen.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Fuzzy said:
i live in broward so i hear you.
back when glow in the dark tour was down here i don't even remember there being that many people at the show. considering the line up.
I'm in Broward too! But I'm moving up north soon, thanks God, I'm really tired of the South.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Jasper305 said:

WEIRD IM FROM MIAMI TOO!!!!
YEA.. LOTS OF THE SOUTH MUSIC IS ALL I HEAR
EVERYDAY --_______--

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Hey Frank the DJ.

In my eyes Monster isn't exactly club/party music. To be perfectly honest, if I heard Monster at a club/dance, I would appreciate it since I am a big fan of Kanye, but I myself probably wouldn't try to dance to it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.