Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, if its about his mom's death and his troubles, he shouldn't throw an album together so quick and sell it for profit. IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,771 Posts
It wasn't for profit, he is worth millions. The money probably doesn't mean shit to him anymore. It's his art, his expression and feelings towards what happened to him. I'm glad 808s was an album, because NO ONE would have had the balls to make such a risky artistic move at the peak of their career.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Squid said:
Honestly, if its about his mom's death and his troubles, he shouldn't throw an album together so quick and sell it for profit. IMO
thats probably one of the worst opinions i've ever heard. 808s killed every ALBUM released that year. fuck your thoughts
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,595 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
It wasn't for profit, he is worth millions. The money probably doesn't mean shit to him anymore. It's his art, his expression and feelings towards what happened to him. I'm glad 808s was an album, because NO ONE would have had the balls to make such a risky artistic move at the peak of their career.
halleJEWyah said:
thats probably one of the worst opinions i've ever heard. 808s killed every ALBUM released that year. fuck your thoughts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,771 Posts
halleJEWyah said:
thats probably one of the worst opinions i've ever heard. 808s killed every ALBUM released that year. fuck your thoughts
co-sign and every hip hop was marketing off of the 808s sound. The mainstream consumers didn't know what an 808 drum was until the album dropped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
It wasn't for profit, he is worth millions. The money probably doesn't mean shit to him anymore. It's his art, his expression and feelings towards what happened to him. I'm glad 808s was an album, because NO ONE would have had the balls to make such a risky artistic move at the peak of their career.
Agreed. It wasn't Dylan going electric or anything that drastic career-wise and it really opened up pop to auto-tune (more than what T-Pain was doing) and gave rise to emotion in rap instead of bling-talk. I appreciate B.O.B. and shit like that. If 808s was a mixtape rappers would've stayed shut-in. Somebody had to do it and Ye did it very well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
co-sign and every hip hop was marketing off of the 808s sound. The mainstream consumers didn't know what an 808 drum was until the album dropped.
ummm wrong. they definitely knew. the roland TR-808 came out in like '86. every sound in that machine had been used. Kanye just so happened to use that machine. but the gen public had def heard 808s many many many many times and def people that listen to hip hop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,967 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
It wasn't for profit, he is worth millions. The money probably doesn't mean shit to him anymore.
The money means everything in the world. All the expensive clothes, cars, homes, and food he eats doesn't pay for itself.
 
1 - 20 of 194 Posts
Top