Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Positivity and perspective. Know that things will get better and know that things could be worse.

·
Banned
5,206 Posts
Buddhism could help... >_> js.
it teaches the fundamental practice of living in the present.
+ meditation has helped me countless times with dealing with issues that need to be dealt with.
when meditating if an issue comes up take an observatory stance and let whatever visual images or sounds you may hear take its course. let the issues more or less tire themselves out.
maybe it could help you find a solution to your depression?

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
dareen said:
how & why do you think you're depressed?
that positivity crap doesn't help if it's actual depression.
Well obviously not. If it's depression, then seeking actual help whether it be therapy or enlisting your family is the much needed solution. But, based on the lack of detail, it seems more like something in the short term, but I can't say.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
mmonty86 said:
Well obviously not. If it's depression, then seeking actual help whether it be therapy or enlisting your family is the much needed solution. But, based on the lack of detail, it seems more like something in the short term, but I can't say.
True. If its just something small your going through, just throw on Step Brothers or The Hangover and laugh it off.. If its something long term and reoccurring then, MEDS :) lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
Open up to a family member. It could even be you parents they will understand fully. Or add rev run on twitter, the dude is made of wisdom.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Find something you like to do and reward yourself with it
Pray
Go running to release your endorphins which is like a natural body high
Medication which you'd need to see a doctor first
Also seeing that no matter how bad you got always someone has it worse,unless your that last person lol but hope you feel better. :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Start selling weed.. Give the "cool" kids a discount and you will be the man on campus.. :)

But seriously, maybe you should talk to a professional?

I think you are being a little hard on yourself man. You dont need to stand out, take honors classes or get straight A's. Just look for the friends who seem to genuinely care about you, and work of building stronger bonds with them.

Forget the cool kids who play basketball, if they are not outgoing and friendly to you, its not worth trying to be their friend, cause you will ALWAYS put more into being their friend then they will being yours. I did the same thing for about half a year.. Stopped spending time with my group of good friends to hang out with some of the cool guys, and I still think that they never really realized if I was there or not lol. Those guys are not in my life, and the group of friends I alienated for 6 months are still right by my side.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
You really should talk to someone about it. Talk to your parents or even a sibling, depression isn't a burden anyone should carry alone.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
joe said:
Yeah by logic there's got to be that one person who has it the worst who's just like "fuccccckkkk."

Releasing endorphins is crucial. Excercising does wonders. That's what I do now, and your dopamine levels go up, and they are normally very low in a depression. I use to cut myself, and you get the same rush. Thankfully, I am in a better spot now, and I just exercise daily and wear a rubber band that I snap on my wrist if I am ever having dangerously down thoughts. It also releases endorphins.
Yeah, exercising can help quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
joe said:
That is a common belief:that only crazy people go to therapy. It's a stigma, and there are plenty of well adjusted people who go. You can't always burden your friends and family with Yo complaints. Sometimes they need a break :).

If you want a little bit of motivation to start working on your depression, read David Foster Wallaces short story "The Depressed Person." It's brilliant and will articulate everything.
True that's like a stamp placed on therapy,everyone has alot of things they could release when it comes to therapy from celebrities to mailman so if someone brings up therapy like its a bad thing they can fuck off.

·
Banned
5,206 Posts
cbaca said:
did that work good? or how exactly do u do that?

well my passion is music and i wonna make beats and raps but idk where to get free beat making program thats actually good.
firstly torrents are your friends and fl studio is amazingly perfect, just spend time using it and learning all about it and it can become your bestfriend easily. learn to sample actually as well, sampling is fun to do.
lol.
and to make a brief summary of how to meditate:
Sit with your legs crossed preferably on the floor while keeping your back straight.
when you breathe in your stomach should rise, not your chest. kind of like an infants stomach while he/she sleeps.
then focus your mind on your breathing.
just focus on nothing.
you dont have to sit on floor and sit w/ back straight either if you dont feel comfortable that way.
but keep alert during meditation, be alert but dont exist.
its almost like sleeping except youre alert.
if you get me.
and let your mind do its thing. help open up the parts of your mind that can only be opened through meditation.
it may take a few tries before you can get it and you might not even be patient enough to do it but i highly recommend you keep trying because when i finally meditated forreal for the first time i felt mad relieved.

heres a great wikihow on meditation:
http://www.wikihow.com/Meditate

ill do a full lesson on meditation in my buddhist thread tomorrow as well.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
i think you should kill yourself  :dno:

no for real... depression? that's not depression, it's called growing up... we all had it... problems with girls, constant boredom, bad grades, rebellion, loneliness, feeling that you're somehow unimportant... it's all just an integral part of childhood and growing up... it's cool, nothing to worry about...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts