Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started rapping. I remember putting out In My Mind over KiD CuDi's, CuDi Zone. At the time, I thought it was awesome, I really did. But I remember Italian Stallion telling me how wack it was. That really dented my confidence and I was like "Oh well, it was a one-off". I remember getting a PM from M-Trey, who I looked up to immensely (and still do), and it said that I had potential and was a really good first track. It snowballed from there ...

So here's the first track ...
In My Mind - http://usershare.net/73zif683k4d0

Here's the latest track ...
Running On Adrenaline - http://usershare.net/9ou4w6u1v79x
This is going to be on the TenTenTen mixtape, so check that out!

http://soundcloud.com/luqueuk
http://luqueuk.bandcamp.com
http://twitter.com/YouLuqueRight

So, thanks to ... ReuM, M-Trey, Italian Stallion, D.E., Fenix, A-Plus, T-Bib, Praverb, Trace, Grandemarshall, Criss Chords, Cazzie Jetson, Kenja, Martin Beamon, CJ The Genesis, Sage, Infared, Sey, Zilly, Deviant, Raymon Armando, Rollerino, Twisted Edge, Ishaq, Hiphopaholic, Soul La Rock ... Just anyone who has supported, gave feedback (good or bad), inspired, motivated, whatever!! I appreciate it!!

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
The funny thing is we always think our latest piece of work is our best. We then look back on it a year later and see how much we've improved.

You've come on immensely and next year will be the same. You'll look back and realise how much better you are since Running On Adrenaline.

You've come on so much. Don't stop. Keep going.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it! You're one of my inspirations and one of the people I couldn't have done this without. :allears:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
okay i say this a lot about you, but this is my fav track so far. you ride the beat the best ive ever heard on this one. shame its so short man. when you dropping TenTenTen?

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fergiem said:
okay i say this a lot about you, but this is my fav track so far. you ride the beat the best ive ever heard on this one. shame its so short man. when you dropping TenTenTen?
Thanks a lot mate!
TenTenTen is like 10-11 rappers who have all released music today, and are putting it as a mixtape. So it should be sometime today ...

Ivy Crimson said:
It's all up from here, and you're gonna say that about your latest work. There is always room for improvement
You're another who has influenced, inspired, motivated etc ... so for that THANK YOU!! I'm gonna do all I can to keep improving and keep going at it.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stinky said:
loll its all good! can you hook me up with a youtube song of somee "good" u.k. rappers? I just cant stand when ppl with accents like that rap.. but i unno
Kano - P's & Q's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mznv4ACjkzc
Possibly one of my favourite tracks from a UK artist.

Yeah I know what you mean, I get that a lot about the accent. Lemme find some more.

Y

·
0 Posts
that song just happens to be sampled on the album....subliminal promotion

lol but congrats Luque, keep doing what you do best

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
▲Sage. said:
that song just happens to be sampled on the album....subliminal promotion

lol but congrats Luque, keep doing what you do best
hahaha spooky ... love to hear what's been made of that!!
thank you man, same to you!

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ZONBI said:
not to be a dick but bro some people just shouldn't rap. be realistic.
not to be a dick but you've shown nothing but hate ever since you came across my music ... I can't help but ignore you when I've got people saying I do what I do well. But it's all good, everyone has their own opinions, it's cool. The fact you take time out your day nearly every time I drop a song must mean I'm doing something right cos you're still listening then telling me I suck.

·
Premium Member
25,460 Posts
Luque said:
not to be a dick but you've shown nothing but hate ever since you came across my music ... I can't help but ignore you when I've got people saying I do what I do well. But it's all good, everyone has their own opinions, it's cool. The fact you take time out your day nearly every time I drop a song must mean I'm doing something right cos you're still listening then telling me I suck.
i check you're shit out because i WANT to hear something good because you talk about your music likes it's dope and legit but nothing that you've put out is any good.i keep checking thinking you're gonna drop something worth while but you never do. you DO have to be realistic though, if you have to work so hard at it then maybe you're not supposed to be doing it. at a young age it's easy to feel strongly about something because you're very impressionable. dude i come from a vast music background i'm just telling what you should already know. i'm not saying you're talentless but maybe this isn't  the TYPE of talent you have. oh and i've only ever commented on about 2-3 songs  :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like I said man, everyone has their own opinions. Some people think I'm terrible, some people think I'm alright, some people think I'm good, whatever ... At the end of the day, I do this for me, it's genuinely my way of getting stuff off my chest. Right now, it's not a job, it's not a profession, I do this cos I've got a love for music and honestly it's like a hobby now. You can tell me everything I've ever done is the worst shit you've ever heard, that won't phase me, cos honestly your opinion doesn't affect my outlook on life, it won't stop me from sleeping at night, if anything it'll make me try harder to make something good enough that you'll actually say "Yeah that's aight...". Your approval isn't something I aim for but if I got it, it'd be a massive boost.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
Zonbi does have a good point, you shouldn't have to work SO hard for it. That's where talent kicks in, and takes over
i disagree. i believe talent can only get you so far, making it only comes with determination and working as hard as you can

1 - 20 of 28 Posts