Lou Dobbs
Ralph Nader

Election will be held Tuesday November 6th, 2012
source: http://tinyurl.com/dl9s5g

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
A little early.

But Bloomberg won't run against Obama. He and him are like pals. (For example, Bloomberg ran against a black Democrat for mayor but Obama didn't endorse him because he likes Bloomberg. When they asked Gibbs, the press secretary, Gibbs goes, "well he's the leader of the Democratic Party so I guess he supports all Democratic candidates." Not a ringing endorsement. So it's clear how they get along. Bloomberg won't run against Obama. I don't think so.)

Dobbs won't run either.

The serious Republican Presidential potentials are:
Mitt Romney (DUH)
John Thune (we're really only talking about him because he's young and good looking. He has no other defining qualities. I mean he's not a great speaker, he has no personal narrative, but anyways he wants to run.)
Sarah Palin (I can't believe it either)
Tim Pawlenty (he'll run but he's got like no money)
Mike Huckabee.

Huckabee can win the nominee. Romney's probably not going anywhere with a health care bill identical to Obama's. T-Party hates him. Thune voted for TARP, let's see how long he lasts. Pawlenty has no money, accepted stimulus funds, but you know, he might be good since he's sane. Sarah Palin?...Let's get real. Huckabee can bridge the moderates and the T-Party together easily. He'll win the nomination.

Ultimately if the economy picks up over the two years (and I see it happening), Obama will win with a similar 2008 margin. Fed, CBO, and Moodys are expecting about 7-8% unemployment at the end of 2012. Reagan in a similar recessionary trend, was re-elected in a landslide with 7.5% unemployment. For the number to go down to that, you'd have to have more months of job growth and even in 2010 we've gained jobs every month this year. It'll be easy to campaign on that.

Still a little early. Anything could happen.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
king. said:
palin 2012 :slick:
she could really win the nominee though, lirl

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
ktothe2 said:
she could really win the nominee though, lirl
If she won it'd be an easy win for Obama.  I doubt many Democrats or Independents would consider voting for her, haha.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Nick said:
If she won it'd be an easy win for Obama.  I doubt many Democrats or Independents would consider voting for her, haha.
in a hypothetical, Obama beats her by 15 points.

Bear in mind this is with 9.6% unemployment, approval rating at 48%, and him about to lose control of Congress.

It's safe to say it's the lowest point he's ever been in his political career (I think it will be the lowest he'll ever be unless some weird scandal pops up out of the blue) and HE STILL! beats her by 15 points according to like 4 or 5 polling centers.

You can just imagine what would happen if the economy were to pick up and he were to carve out debt reductions next year? It would be near unanimous. lirl

[sad fact: if an election were held today and only white males could vote, sarah palin would beat obama. *sigh*]

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
ktothe2 said:
[sad fact: if an election were held today and only white males could vote, sarah palin would beat obama. *sigh*]
Maybe THIS is why:

:problem?:

But seriously, I would laugh so hard if Palin were chosen as the nominee. I wouldn't even worry about Obama losing at all. Especially since I tend to think the remainder of his term is going to see his approval rating rise.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
joe said:
Sarah Palin is the first candidate in my lifetime that, if she was to win, I'd honestly leave the United States.
to be honest, a Palin Presidency wouldn't be as apeshit as we think. It would essentially be identical to G. W. Bush's. His was devastating...but not apeshit bad. (Though I think Bush may actually be a little smarter than Palin.)

Nick said:
Maybe THIS is why:

:problem?:

But seriously, I would laugh so hard if Palin were chosen as the nominee. I wouldn't even worry about Obama losing at all. Especially since I tend to think the remainder of his term is going to see his approval rating rise.
Two things.

1. Is it just me or do white men have some weird taste in women.
2. I also think the second half of his first term is going to be a lot more positive. A split congress can do Obama some good. He always performs under pressure, not when things are good for him.

(for example, he was losing to hillary before he makes that incredible "Yes We Can" speech and then wins 12 primaries in a row. He lost the Senate seat in Mass. to Scott Brown, losing the 60th Health care vote before then making a real and genuine effort to do whatever to get the bill passed. odds were against passing wall str. reform but then the SEC put pressure on him when they released the Goldman Sachs' Abacus deal and then he got it passed and it was stronger than we expected., some examples of when you put pressure on him, he tends to come out with a better package than before)

plus, I really do see the economy improving cause banks have started to lend more to smaller firms, and deleveraging is goin to start to decrease eventually. and then you'll have the moderate pace start to pick up after awhile (it's not just me. the guy who predicted when the 2001 recession would end, and when this recession would end, is predicting a substantial pick up in consumer spending at the end of 2011.)

i mean it's not ALL bad. The economy's produced nearly 1 million jobs this year and that's after the worst recession since the Great Depression. I'm not saying that's enough to make political history, but it's a serious turn around from where we were. and with the government staying out of the housing market, I think we'll see stabalization and then in 2012 closer to real substantial recovery.

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
ktothe2 said:
to be honest, a Palin Presidency wouldn't be as apeshit as we think. It would essentially be identical to G. W. Bush's. His was devastating...but not apeshit bad. (Though I think Bush may actually be a little smarter than Palin.)
Palin scares me because of the whole tea party thing...but if you think about it, was Bush really all that different? :dno: Bush's presidency wasn't fun but I doubt Palin would last more than a term if she was elected.

Two things.

1. Is it just me or do white men have some weird taste in women.
2. I also think the second half of his first term is going to be a lot more positive. A split congress can do Obama some good. He always performs under pressure, not when things are good for him.

(for example, he was losing to hillary before he makes that incredible "Yes We Can" speech and then wins 12 primaries in a row. He lost the Senate seat in Mass. to Scott Brown, losing the 60th Health care vote before then making a real and genuine effort to do whatever to get the bill passed. odds were against passing wall str. reform but then the SEC put pressure on him when they released the Goldman Sachs' Abacus deal and then he got it passed and it was stronger than we expected., some examples of when you put pressure on him, he tends to come out with a better package than before)
1.) Seriously, WTF?  I think it's funny to joke about voting for her because she's a woman and has breasts though  :twisted:
2.) I agree, I never really realized that.  I think Obama knows what he's doing, but he really turns it on when he absolutely has to.  I know the health care bill that was passed was not what he wanted, but honestly I'm surprised it even got passed at all.

i mean it's not ALL bad. The economy's produced nearly 1 million jobs this year and that's after the worst recession since the Great Depression. I'm not saying that's enough to make political history, but it's a serious turn around from where we were. and with the government staying out of the housing market, I think we'll see stabalization and then in 2012 closer to real substantial recovery.
Yeah I agree.  People act like the economy isn't improving at all and that Obama is keeping us at the same place we were previously at.  Although I really think part of the problem with that and a lot of other political issues is that people don't do the research for themselves and just rely on word of mouth from misinformed friends for information.

I think the fact that we avoided a real depression is a good thing, and now the government can concentrate on improving the economy.  I have high hopes that if Obama is re-elected our economy will be the best it's been in a while.

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
joe said:
One thing that really bothers me, and I'm not informed enough in politics to know if it has always been this way, is that people want a president they can "have a beer with." Why? I don't care if they are relatable at all. I'd prefer if they were 100000000X more intelligent than the general population. This fascination with the "everyman" seems to me to be a major reason why Palin is as popular as she is.
I don't really understand that at all either.  Their political ideals should be infinitely more important.  I actually find Obama pretty relatable, though - he likes rap music, basketball, etc and just generally seems like a cool guy.

·
Registered
81,795 Posts
Palin scares me because of the people she would surround herself with in the White House if she were elected. Our country would become a third world nation

·
Banned
5,426 Posts
Here's an entertaining thought: Imagine who will be debating for the Republican Party in 2012. Palin, Romney, Jindal, and John Bolton. Enough said.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
joe said:
It's just so strange to me because no other important position is dependent on likability, or at least it is placed below talent/skill. You don't hire a lawyer because he also likes the color red like you do, you don't go to a certain doctor because he is a Cowboys fan, etc etc.

So why with the Presidency, which is the most exclusive position, are people so concerned with making sure they are like everyone else? It makes no sense to me. I mean, I can see why people don't like Nixon(you do need a certain level of likability) but come on. If you do the job right, I couldn't care less what your tastes in music, sports,or even sexual orientation is.

It seems to me that "intelligence=elitism" and I can't understand it.
MY DAD SAYS THE EXACT SAME THING!

He goes, "you don't hire a plumber because you feel you can have a beer with him."

But that's what leadership is. Leaders are supposed to reflect the ideals of the followers and the electorate. Whether we like it or not, that's how politics always has been. Since Ancient Rome.

And nick and Joe...I WAs KIDDING WITH #1

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
ktothe2 said:
MY DAD SAYS THE EXACT SAME THING!

He goes, "you don't hire a plumber because you feel you can have a beer with him."

But that's what leadership is. Leaders are supposed to reflect the ideals of the followers and the electorate. Whether we like it or not, that's how politics always has been. Since Ancient Rome.

And nick and Joe...I WAs KIDDING WITH #1
Haha I know, I was just joking too

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
joe said:
I thought you had a brilliantly funny theory or something :).
well......

jk jk jk

the most perplexing aspect about men's taste in women is sometimes you'll see a good looking black dude with some ugly white fat chick. I'm thinking  :-\ but then there's the possibility that that could one day be me (well if I date a big girl she'll look like crystal renn who i have a little thing for :dno:)

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If Romney wins the nomination, I will be split who to vote for... because I want Obama to succeed and I think he can and that he will especially in his second term, but I think Romney would help :dno:
but i need to research...

Washington needs to stop the deep division.

·
Registered
53,164 Posts
Obama has to get re-elected. We need some sort of consistency. And he needs time to get shit done. Things will improve in the rest of the term, at least that is my hope.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.