Kanye to The banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy were having a arugment over this. Lol. 1st and 15th doesn't exist anymore? Correct? And what happened to it? Thankya.  :work:

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
For the most part, it's defunct.  Only Lupe Fiasco himself and Sarah Greene are still on it, although I believe Matthew Santos is still associated with as well.  I believe it was broken up in the wake of "The Cool", in part due to GemStones' departure to venture into gospel and Chill's imprisonment.  :dno:  I'm guessing Atlantic Records had something to do with it as well. Lupe said that, during the behind-the-scenes fray that was "Lasers"' production, several people lost their jobs.  :dno:

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Nasir Jones said:
Thank you Coldplay. I can always count on you  :allears:
No prob, NaS.  :D  I loved that e-mail you sent to Def Jam, too, BTW.  You was keepin' it real, man!  What are your thoughts on this whole issue, seein' how Fiasco Friday turned out?
:problem?:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that the big music record companies like Atlantic and Sony are bad for music. Albums would be 100x better if these big businesses didn't put out bullshit radio songs. Independent record companies is the way to go.

By DefJam  :cya:

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
Nasir Jones said:
I think that the big music record companies like Atlantic and Sony are bad for music. Albums would be 100x better if these big businesses didn't put out bullshit radio songs. Independent record companies is the way to go.

By DefJam  :cya:
Ahhh, Nas, I can always count on you... :allears:

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:
For the most part, it's defunct.  Only Lupe Fiasco himself and Sarah Greene are still on it, although I believe Matthew Santos is still associated with as well.  I believe it was broken up in the wake of "The Cool", in part due to GemStones' departure to venture into gospel and Chill's imprisonment.  :dno:  I'm guessing Atlantic Records had something to do with it as well. Lupe said that, during the behind-the-scenes fray that was "Lasers"' production, several people lost their jobs.  :dno:
Something like this.
Nasir Jones said:
Khaled shoudn't be allowed to say the n-word. Ain't he mexican? I hate him.  :dno:
Khaled is actually from the middleeast, and he's Fat Joe's relative. Wait...wut?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts