Votes: 1 5.6%
  • PND > Frank Ocean

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna include the 2010s but they're still going on, so it's just really these two. I would include the 80s but hip hop didn't really take off until like the late 80s soo that would be dumb.

90s had classic albums like E. 1999 Eternal, Aquemini, Black on Both Sides, A Prince Among Thieves, Life After Death, etc and classic moments like the 1995 source awards as well as the West Coast - East Coast beef.

The 2000s had classics like Get Rich or Die Tryin, Be, Hell Hath no Fury, Graduation, and Tha Carter III as well others and unprecedented runs by artists such as Eminem, 50 Cent, Kanye, and Lil Wayne who all have some of the highest fw sales for hip hop. Moments from this era include 50 and Kanye duking it out to see who'd sell more with Kanye eventually coming out the victor and the Nas vs Jay Z beef.

Two full decades, which one was better?

·
Registered
24,100 Posts
I think if 90s rap was the only thing that was about, as a British white cunt, liking rap would have been just a phase for me. Needed that 2000s music to keep my interest up once I'd got over Biggie and Pac (not that I don't fuck with them, but I'm sure I'm not the only white European that started off listening to them)

As someone who's music taste is super varied... I needed a Lil Wayne and Kanye West.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts