Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After showcasing the Ventilator Day Glo colorway for Reebok earlier in the year Kendrick continued his partnership with his own uniquely branded design of his personal favourite silhouette. The above Reebok Ventilators, released a year ago today - July 18th. The most striking feature of the trainers were the different colours on each shoe, a reference to the Bloods, Crips and gang culture that Kendrick grew up around.

HipHopDX hearkened the imagery back to his cover art for 'i' and included the excerpt below:
"Where I'm from, there's a lot of gang culture and things like that, so instead of throwing on up gang signs, which we used to, I put a Blood and I put a Crip together and we're throwing up hearts," Kendrick Lamar said during a September 2014 interview. "Sparking the idea of some type of change through music or through me because I go back to the city now and people give me the honor and respect that, you know, this kid can change a little bit something different that's been going on in the community."

·
Premium Member
21,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Each iteration has been nicer. I didn't really like these ones at all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts