• Douglas, Jones, Maddox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darby, Douglas, Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 80 of 52132 Posts

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Why am I getting the sense that Kelly isn't looking to bring his staff from Oregon? I'm not necessarily looking for a DC from Oregon but that's kind of interesting, considering how much he raves about him. However, I know he wanted his assistant head coach to take over the job as HC.

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
TitoLive.com said:
Why am I getting the sense that Kelly isn't looking to bring his staff from Oregon? I'm not necessarily looking for a DC from Oregon but that's kind of interesting, considering how much he raves about him. However, I know he wanted his assistant head coach to take over the job as HC.
  http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/662381-some-reported-coaches-joining-chip/

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
TitoLive.com said:
Well according to that thread, those are only graduate assistants, not major coaches or coordinators.
oh. yeah. not major guys. just little guys to fill out small spots. the only thing i've heard anything about so far is DC.

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
Whatever makes Kelly most comfortable, I'm all for it. If this guy is really the football genius he's made out to be, then I truly believe that him and Howie Roseman can create a team for the ages. I really do. So if bringing those types of people along--interns and graduate assistants and low-level coaches who had a big impact on his team at Oregon as well as people who he can truly trust to put together the best football team (and this is so very important to him), let's do it. Let's make this thing happen and get this train rolling.

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm so excited. I'm so excited for the Eagles. I feel a hell of a lot better than I did just a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
awesome. brian dawkins was in town to receive an award and chip kelly voluntarily stopped by to see him.

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
btw, I was gonna post this the first time we were supposed to get Chip Kelly but that never happened so I didn't, but check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4496615

·
Premium Member
33,300 Posts
TitoLive.com said:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/292326077035073536

Heard back from a source on Kirby Smart-to-the-Eagles: I'm told "no truth to it." Sounds like some UGA peeps are having some fun #recruiting
that would disappoint me. I don't want Horton. I'll take Grantham though, I suppose.

or lovie smith.

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
NE said:
that would disappoint me. I don't want Horton. I'll take Grantham though, I suppose.

or lovie smith.
Chip Kelly is an unconventional character who probably makes unconventional decisions, and the Eagles are an organization who likes to keep things quiet and not reveal their endgame until it's the end of the game.

I have no preference for who our defensive coordinator is, as long as he's effective and can turn this defense around. I'm sure we can land someone we really want who can really help, because we have a track record of doing so.

61 - 80 of 52132 Posts