rr.
Lesane crooks
ovojay
Keep it g
Deshazor everett

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I guess the shooting in Orlando isn't the only tragic thing there. Just look at the Magic

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Jennings is gone. He was all Skiles doing. CJ will likely be the main backup point, Napier was trash last year when he played.

I think we stick with Payton as our PG. We made that decision when we choose Fournier over Dipo. Henny will live and die by that draft pick.

I think we go after a wing that can score. We need someone that can get to the line.. no on this team averaged over 3 fta a game last season. Someone that we can count on for 20 a night, that can be a #1 option on a playoff team.

Preferably a SG so he could let Fournier start at SF where his lateral quickness isn't exposed as much against quicker guards. Let Mario back-up both spots and get as many minutes as he earns. Aaron moves to back-up Ibaka at the 4, but still gets 30+ mpg as Ibaka splits his time between PF and C.

DeRozan checks all those needs and would be perfect, but don't see him leaving Toronto. Same with Batum. Henny will get another starter out of this off-season though. He might only have another year, hence the ballsy trade to get Ibaka. He can't let his job rest on having faith in a 20 year old Gordon or 21 year old Mario taking us to the playoffs. Love their potential, but they still need a couple years till theyre ready to take the reigns, so in the meantime..

Chandler Parsons is our most likely option. He's an efficient scorer and with more shots he can be a 20 a night guy. He'd also give us some versatility to be creative with line-ups, such as going small with a Parsons-Gordon or Parsons-Ibaka front court.

Besides that, I'd like to see a Courtney Lee, Jerryd Bayless, or Leandro Barbosa brought in to add some guard depth for a couple of years at least. Don't want to have to depend on Marble and CJ as the lone back-up guards.

Bring back Dedmon for spot minutes, he's a good energy big. Plus we have Zimmerman now who can play in garbage time.

So my vision for the basic rotation, something like this as of now..

Elfrid Payton (30) | Jerryd Bayless (18) | CJ Watson (Res)
Evan Fournier (34) | Mario Hezonja (10) | Jerryd Bayless (4)
Chandler Parsons (34) | Mario Hezonja (14)
Serge Ibaka (16) | Aaron Gordon (32) | Andrew Nicholson (Res)
Nik Vucevic (32) | Serge Ibaka (16) | Dwayne Dedmon (Res) | Stephen Zimmerman (DL)

Much different make-up from last years squad. Shooting from the 2-3-4 positions, a better coach, and our young guys providing us with better depth and energy off the bench. 

With Mario getting a shot to start some games if (when) Parsons goes down again, and swinging AG over to SF for more minutes to back him up. If Ibaka goes down, I feel confident in AG stepping in to start for him too and for Dedmon to back Nik up.

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lesane Crooks said:
Jennings is gone. He was all Skiles doing. CJ will likely be the main backup point, Napier was trash last year when he played.

I think we stick with Payton as our PG. We made that decision when we choose Fournier over Dipo. Henny will live and die by that draft pick.

I think we go after a wing that can score. We need someone that can get to the line.. no on this team averaged over 3 fta a game last season. Someone that we can count on for 20 a night, that can be a #1 option on a playoff team.

Preferably a SG so he could let Fournier start at SF where his lateral quickness isn't exposed as much against quicker guards. Let Mario back-up both spots and get as many minutes as he earns. Aaron moves to back-up Ibaka at the 4, but still gets 30+ mpg as Ibaka splits his time between PF and C.

DeRozan checks all those needs and would be perfect, but don't see him leaving Toronto. Same with Batum. Henny will get another starter out of this off-season though. He might only have another year, hence the ballsy trade to get Ibaka. He can't let his job rest on having faith in a 20 year old Gordon or 21 year old Mario taking us to the playoffs. Love their potential, but they still need a couple years till theyre ready to take the reigns, so in the meantime..

Chandler Parsons is our most likely option. He's an efficient scorer and with more shots he can be a 20 a night guy. He'd also give us some versatility to be creative with line-ups, such as going small with a Parsons-Gordon or Parsons-Ibaka front court.

Besides that, I'd like to see a Courtney Lee, Jerryd Bayless, or Leandro Barbosa brought in to add some guard depth for a couple of years at least. Don't want to have to depend on Marble and CJ as the lone back-up guards.

Bring back Dedmon for spot minutes, he's a good energy big. Plus we have Zimmerman now who can play in garbage time.

So my vision for the basic rotation, something like this as of now..

Elfrid Payton (30) | Jerryd Bayless (18) | CJ Watson (Res)
Evan Fournier (34) | Mario Hezonja (10) | Jerryd Bayless (4)
Chandler Parsons (34) | Mario Hezonja (14)
Serge Ibaka (16) | Aaron Gordon (32) | Andrew Nicholson (Res)
Nik Vucevic (32) | Serge Ibaka (16) | Dwayne Dedmon (Res) | Stephen Zimmerman (DL)

Much different make-up from last years squad. Shooting from the 2-3-4 positions, a better coach, and our young guys providing us with better depth and energy off the bench. 

With Mario getting a shot to start some games if (when) Parsons goes down again, and swinging AG over to SF for more minutes to back him up. If Ibaka goes down, I feel confident in AG stepping in to start for him too and for Dedmon to back Nik up.
I think were gonna get parsons, im a little worried about his defense tho. We might have a pretty stacked bench :khaled:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Marcellus da lawd said:
I think were gonna get parsons, im a little worried about his defense tho. We might have a pretty stacked bench :khaled:
His D isn't bad, and with Vogel as a defensive mastermind I'm not worried about him elevating the team D at all.

Another thing I noticed, Fournier and Parsons both shot over 40% from 3 last season.. no starting SG/SF combo did that last season. On top of that add in Mario, who could rotate with either player and hit shots at the same rate. Would be a pretty special advantage to have in today's game.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts