61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
instupendo said:
not quite that easy, ascap and other like services are used for two reasons

- right registration
- collecting money from radio and streaming pay

you collect (small) money when you register a track and it is played on the radio or other like streaming services.
You got any info about collecting sales/iTunes royalties?

·
Registered
43 Posts
user said:
You got any info about collecting sales/iTunes royalties?
get your music on itunes and spotify etc using distrokid.com, it will track your sales and it's the best distributor out there.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
i wanted to tag my beats to put them on traktrain, but they wouldn't let anyone tag at the time. I recently got some stuff stolen and now they're saying I'm allowed to tag, AFTER the fact...smh. Be aware that people can screen record your music and grab the audio using stuff like OBS or Camtasia. Someone on KTT stole my stuff and told me about it. I'm not mad at him though. It shows me how broke he is and how much of a fan he is. He'll prolly come in here.

·
Registered
163 Posts
instupendo said:
get your music on itunes and spotify etc using distrokid.com, it will track your sales and it's the best distributor out there.
bro you know bare shit about this legal music selling shit ima mesage you with any questions and shit is that cool bro?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Too Cold said:
thats why I stopped fkn with traktrain way back. Myflashstore is the way to go. Let's you upload tagged beats and sends the un tagged version when someone buys.
im about to make an account now, thank you.

·
Registered
35,509 Posts
Hey

So an artist stole my song as his own, i have the beat registered as my property via SOCAN and i EXPLICITLY told him in DM that it was DEAD and he can not release it.

Does anyone know a lawyer or can help me in this situation? I need it removed off of itunes and all outlets..

Serious - [email protected]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Isco said:
- Date of Creation: Always have some form of official documentation/record/verification concerning your productions and songs. If you make a beat, save the project file. Tuck it away with screenshots of the file & the date of creation. Take a video the day you finish a track with a newspaper. Show it to a friend. Anything you can think of to officially document that you've made an instrumental. You want as much evidence as possible to verify that you are in fact the creator of a work if someone has your work.
nah just copyright your joint it costs $35 uscopyright.gov
nothing else will hold up.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts