Kanye to The banner

106361 - 106380 of 106451 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Denialz said:
For me personally I enjoy the album but only after really separating from the fact that it's not Act 2. I know it's not Act 2 and I was willing to accept that but then it bothers me that an Act 2 song Shiny Suit Theory was on there. And then it makes you really wonder if Act 2 was going to ever meet the bar that he himself said he would hit.

So now we're looking at this as a whole new project and I dont know if I can agree that Fruits of Spirit or Ghost of Soulja Slim are some of his best rhymes. Coming from a super Jay E stan, he said harder stuff on DMT, My World, Exhibit A.

Don't get it twisted though, GoSS goes hard, but I could've done without Jay Z. That's the other issue, Hov on so many tracks was unnecessary and while some people think Hov outshined Jay Z, I really think he held him back and some of the influence of Jay Z kind of overpowered some of the visions I think Jay E would've had on a purely solo project.

Again this is not to say the project is bad, it's better than almost everything out, but it's akin to how Jay Z and Nas always have to be compared to Illmatic/ Blueprint/ Reasonable Doubt, or Em to Marshall Mathers LP, or Kendrick to his first two albums; Jay E has some absolutely monster of songs that are amazing either for the sheer energy like Exhibit C or Lyricism like a lot of his features verses such as Suplexes inside of Duplexes or To Me, To You, How Great, Control.

Then you have his own solo pieces that he released like Better In Tune, Act 1's four tracks, Run and Hide, Dear Moleskine, Posers, Whose Gonna Save My Soul

Once again as a Jay E super stan I fucking love having a new collection of tracks but I feel like I could honestly argue that a lot of his other things trump some this work.

Dont get me wrong, APIDTA, Never Ending, Ezekiels Wheel first verse can go into his top works but outside of that I was expected his best on every track. I understand what he did for his family, for his New Orleans people, for his NoI family and for educating hiphop, which is why again I love this album over a lot of things I've heard over the years.

But this is about Jay Electronica being better than Jay Electronica on a debut polished Jay Electronica album. He may have been more polished overall but for Lyricism and energy he definitely had some better tracks.

Honestly when he said he wanted Control for his album and especially hearing that Extended Control in entirety, hearing some of the energy he had for Play it Back (The Thanksgiving track which is allegedly an Exhibit, hearing Just Blazes Exhibit G beat, Sometimes) some of those fall into the energy and lyricism category, I'm talking about. And I just really wholeheartedly wish Jay Z didnt influence so much of this album. I hope we get something absent of Hov and more Just Blaze or just Jay E solo. And the only track Hov was better than Jay E on was Flux Capacitator and that's because Jay E had the agenda to make a bounce record for New Orleans so its understandable.

But again I'll end it with this, this album is still amazing and way better than anything in the past couple of years, and I say that because the one legendary thing about Jay E is his ability to talk about timeless lessons that always apply even decait's understandable.

We can also debate lyrics against lyrics if you disagree, if you can prove that these are his best lyrics than hopefully you'll just make me enjoy this album that much more.
I reapect that, but again comparing it to what it isn't rather than what it is, is unfortunate. I disagree with HOV was amazing on ghost of soulja slim. They both are on every track and that is why it is great. I get mainstream fans making the oushine argument but to me its kind of juvenile. Its and album not a game of one on one, and if it was than Jay electronica  had a couple better verses than hov either way like never ending story.

That reminds me never ending story. We got HOV and jay electronica on a alchemist beat. They both kill it and some how ppl are disappointed because theres not enough drums?

Also do you really think there is not hard drives of music that will still be released? I don't think hes going to pass on the tracks he did for act 2. Nor do i not think he wont release more music that is just him. If you think about it, his debut album having jay z on almost every track isnthe most jay electronica shit ever. The album itself is very jay electronica. He produced the bulk of it, farrakhan samples/ufo samples, abstract beats, no drums.
Its fucking dope and aoty as of now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Still waiting on the record pressing of his older stuff we spoke about a while back, if anyone remembers.lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
mkirkpatri02 said:
https://youtu.be/DTwtQ8GmFp8
https://soundcloud.com/user-393268526/jay-electronica-bring-it-back-prod-just-blaze-unreleased-snippet

Still not the whole track and according to Scarves its the real Exhibit B.

Also yes AOTY for me. I didn't realize how hard some of Jay E's lines bang until I was reciting the poetry myself.

GoSS is super fire the cadence and lyrics. I really just wished my mans vocals were super clean and clear and yet despite flaws still AOTY past years for me, I recant my previous complaints.

·
Registered
232 Posts
daeclan_tha_chef said:
just heard real magic and can confirm

CDQ is OTW & ACT II > AWT ALREADY

y'all it is fucking happening, the winds have finally shifted :,)
Act II is on the WAY. waits been too long

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
anyone know how I can sign up for ktt2 if I have an account here on ktt1? reading ktt2 thread wishing I could participate after over a decade

and if anyone on in the ktt2 thread with the real magic remasters/edits sees this, can you PM here please? same with the tidal rips. thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Zorgan Djurgich said:
anyone know how I can sign up for ktt2 if I have an account here on ktt1? reading ktt2 thread wishing I could participate after over a decade

and if anyone on in the ktt2 thread with the real magic remasters/edits sees this, can you PM here please? same with the tidal rips. thanks!
sent you it bro. idk if u can make new accounts on ktt2 rn but not really sure

·
Registered
312 Posts
the group buy is getting really close, just need a little more help, all payments over $5 are welcome to join:  https://discord.gg/6NkdgzQ

·
Registered
34 Posts
daeclan_tha_chef said:
just heard real magic and can confirm

CDQ is OTW & ACT II > AWT ALREADY

y'all it is fucking happening, the winds have finally shifted :,)
i don't think this board is monitored anymore, and legit i only made an account for this thread/album/cultural moment

join us in the groupbuy, family. finally some sorta water to soil our cracked lips:

https:// discord [dot com] /channels/757759137432993861/757760601983418481

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Antidote said:
Send a DM here for an account! https://mobile.twitter.com/officialktt2?lang=es
Just sent

rumhampton said:
sent you it bro. idk if u can make new accounts on ktt2 rn but not really sure
thank you! sadly receive this error when clicking the mail icon: Error
Sorry, you can't read your personal messages.

what's your ktt2 account? I'll message you on there

·
Registered
232 Posts
Zorgan Djurgich said:
Just sent

thank you! sadly receive this error when clicking the mail icon: Error
Sorry, you can't read your personal messages.

what's your ktt2 account? I'll message you on there
lookatus

106361 - 106380 of 106451 Posts