Kanye To The: Kanye West

⚠️Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILERS THREAD⚠️

Pages:1 2 3

ShaDynasty

Vinsanity_Lives link=topic=8266977.msg542233675#msg542233675 date=157​8512664
Like could we have a prequel about Palpatine's lovelife that lead to Rey? No thanks.

You wouldnt watch that? Lol I'd watch that in a second. 50 Shades of The Dark Side. Hey, he has a sensitive side.

ShaDynasty

"Execute position 69“
Vinsanity_Lives

Ren.At.Large link=topic=8266977.msg542233741#msg542233741 date=157​8534874
I dont think FA was toooooo much like New Hope tho, Rian pretty much just wanted to tear apart all the fan theories but when u break down that 2nd film none of the characters went anywhere really

I hated Force Awakens more, didn't like Last Jedi but Force Awakens took NO risks and felt very PC and couldn't care less about any of the characters
Vinsanity_Lives

ShaDynasty link=topic=8266977.msg542233811#msg542233811 date=157​8561314
You wouldnt watch that? Lol I'd watch that in a second. 50 Shades of The Dark Side. Hey, he has a sensitive side.

Lol it'd be much better than the sequels.  It's just ridiculous to think about Palpatine's love life.
Ren.At.Large

Vinsanity_Lives link=topic=8266977.msg542233851#msg542233851 date=157​8599573
I hated Force Awakens more, didn't like Last Jedi but Force Awakens took NO risks and felt very PC and couldn't care less about any of the characters

My only gripe with it and the whole trilogy is they wouldnt move on from the old characters. If it was just a new adventure it woulda been 10x better.
Vinsanity_Lives

Ren.At.Large link=topic=8266977.msg542233865#msg542233865 date=157​8605420
My only gripe with it and the whole trilogy is they wouldnt move on from the old characters. If it was just a new adventure it woulda been 10x better.

I agree.  They managed to disrespect the old characters and not move on from them all at the same time...as bad as the prequels were (scriptwise, pandering to kids) it at least had its own storyline and separation from the OT.  The sequels were like hey here's some new shallow characters OH LOOK it's Han Solo and Luke Skywalker!!
Ren.At.Large

Vinsanity_Lives link=topic=8266977.msg542233921#msg542233921 date=157​8626325
I agree.  They managed to disrespect the old characters and not move on from them all at the same time...as bad as the prequels were (scriptwise, pandering to kids) it at least had its own storyline and separation from the OT.  The sequels were like hey here's some new shallow characters OH LOOK it's Han Solo and Luke Skywalker!!

Fax, word is George Lucas had planned for a female and male characters as leads that were both Han and Leia's kids with a female Sith that turned Luke's disciple (presumably his son) to the dark side. The daughter would go on to become Rey and the fallen disciple and son were combined to become Kylo's character. He still wanted to bring back the og cast but with a less nostalgic angle and more of a way to tie all the the trilogies together
Vinsanity_Lives

ShaDynasty link=topic=8266977.msg542233813#msg542233813 date=157​8561555
"Execute position 69“
Lordie
I would rather have known Castro in the hills than in the palace

Ren.At.Large link=topic=8266977.msg542233967#msg542233967 date=157​8644634
Fax, word is George Lucas had planned for a female and male characters as leads that were both Han and Leia's kids with a female Sith that turned Luke's disciple (presumably his son) to the dark side. The daughter would go on to become Rey and the fallen disciple and son were combined to become Kylo's character. He still wanted to bring back the og cast but with a less nostalgic angle and more of a way to tie all the the trilogies together
goddamn travesty
He should’ve just had Disney distribute it
Ren.At.Large

Lordie link=topic=8266977.msg542234123#msg542234123 date=157​8700299
goddamn travesty
He should’ve just had Disney distribute it

It woulda been about midichlorians and the force tho :hah:
Vinsanity_Lives

Just rewatched Empire Strikes Back and have to say the BIGGEST flaw with the sequels is not the Palpatine stuff, or Luke, but Rey's OPness. She didn't receive ANY training to become good with the force or anything. Luke literally had to go to Degobah to finish becoming a Jedi, and Yoda still didn't think he was ready.. That was half his arc was becoming a Jedi.  Rey just was one?  One that never even takes a hit?

Story was wack.
codieodie

Ren.At.Large link=topic=8266977.msg542233865#msg542233865 date=157​8605420
I didn't mind the fact that they focused on old characters be it that it was the Skywalker saga. But I think that having Rey be a literal nobody was the best creative step they could've taken. But people didn't like that, so they instead had the biggest cop-out, bringing back a character from the dead out of nowhere and making Rey said character's relative. I think The Cosmonaut Variety Hour said it best when he said that the force shouldn't really care who you happen to be related to. I think that since people look at The Last Jedi with such vitriol, Disney wanted to retcon it out of existence and have The Rise of Skywalker feel like it was written by the latest Reddit thread (not much of hot take, but I still stand by it)
codieodie

Vinsanity_Lives link=topic=8266977.msg542233921#msg542233921 date=157​8626325
I think you are confusing familiarity with quality. Having something familiar doesn't necessarily make something bad. Yes, the sequels are FAR from perfect, but I think that each film has moments while still being familiar to audiences. A good example is last year's "Klaus". So many people compared that movie to "Emperor's New Groove" to the point of annoyance, yet it happened to be beautifully animated and wonderfully scripted. It was familiar, yes, but it was still enjoyable, much like "The Force Awakens" and parts of "The Last Jedi" are enjoyable.

Yes, the prequels try to do new things, but they failed on many, many fronts. You can look at the potential that the prequels might have but since Lucas and co. decided not to do anything with that potential, I overall think that the potential is irrelevant.
ShaDynasty

They're already talking about the next film apparently.

Pages:1 2 3

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook