Kanye To The: Kanye West

⚠️Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILERS THREAD⚠️

Pages:1 2 3

Vinsanity_Lives

I'm ngl I thought they would introduce the fact that palpatine is alive in a better way. Poe just said it as if it was nothing lmao

Not to mention he was announcing it (somehow?) to the Galaxy he was back?  I get it's his character is over the top evil, but ffs that's another dumb plot hole

Vinsanity_Lives

Palpatine being alive still is also a slap in the face to the OG trilogy its like Anakin & Obi died for nothin almost, plus that nigga out lived Leia, Luke & Han, thats bull****

I just consider it non-cannon at this point tbh.  The trilogy ended with ROTJ and I just ignore the mandochlorians thing from the prequels too.  Far as I'm concerned we have Ep 3 - 6 is a nice 4 movie saga.

You are absolutely right, Palpatine coming back diminishes the entire original trilogies purpose...
Ren.At.Large

I just consider it non-cannon at this point tbh.  The trilogy ended with ROTJ and I just ignore the mandochlorians thing from the prequels too.  Far as I'm concerned we have Ep 3 - 6 is a nice 4 movie saga.

You are absolutely right, Palpatine coming back diminishes the entire original trilogies purpose...

Same but its like they pick and choose parts of the expanded universe they wanna use and how. Its crazy cuz this trilogy coulda been great but the Last Jedi really got things off the rails so much it effected this movie
Vinsanity_Lives

Same but its like they pick and choose parts of the expanded universe they wanna use and how. Its crazy cuz this trilogy coulda been great but the Last Jedi really got things off the rails so much it effected this movie

I had my major gripes with it as soon as Finn and Rey were wielding lightsabers like they were toys at the end of TFA with zero training and against a sith. 

But that could have still been redeemed..

Now it just made it worse.
Ren.At.Large

I had my major gripes with it as soon as Finn and Rey were wielding lightsabers like they were toys at the end of TFA with zero training and against a sith. 

But that could have still been redeemed..

Now it just made it worse.

Well them swinging a lightsaber around is fine imo because they both had base level combat training and experience, Id imagine a staff or stun baton skills would give them the confidence to pick up a light saber and sum kind of dexterity to hold it and swing it effectively. Finn and Kylo's duel was dope cuz u could feel the tension of Finn hanging in there and barely holding off a clearly more skilled Sith lord only to lose to him, I actually think him losing made the story better. But when Rey jumps scraight off the porch as a crack shot shooter, full on force powers and is able to best Kylo first go thats when I was like "Ok... yall gon explain all that ****?"
Vinsanity_Lives

Well them swinging a lightsaber around is fine imo because they both had base level combat training and experience, Id imagine a staff or stun baton skills would give them the confidence to pick up a light saber and sum kind of dexterity to hold it and swing it effectively. Finn and Kylo's duel was dope cuz u could feel the tension of Finn hanging in there and barely holding off a clearly more skilled Sith lord only to lose to him, I actually think him losing made the story better. But when Rey jumps scraight off the porch as a crack shot shooter, full on force powers and is able to best Kylo first go thats when I was like "Ok... yall gon explain all that ****?"

I gueessss...Just going by Star Wars logic a sith would cut a dude in half in less than 5 seconds even if they had some combat training.  Like I said I was ready to let that go but they did nothing for either Rey or Finn's arc other than I guess Rey was randomly related to Palpatine (still lame) and it felt like a major feminism thing
Ren.At.Large

I gueessss...Just going by Star Wars logic a sith would cut a dude in half in less than 5 seconds even if they had some combat training.  Like I said I was ready to let that go but they did nothing for either Rey or Finn's arc other than I guess Rey was randomly related to Palpatine (still lame) and it felt like a major feminism thing

I mean, there have been non force weilders who have held their own against jedi n siths plus theres that whole "After the Clone Wars Dueling knowledge was lost" explanation so it is what it is on that ****.

There definitely was a new era feminism  push with this trilogy tho
-Who's the new savior of the galaxy? A woman
-Who's the leader of the rebelion? A woman
-Whats the moral of Poe's mutiny? Trust women

As a more liberal leaning dude it dont bother me much, but it was all handled so clunkily, Leia & Rey deserved much better
Vinsanity_Lives

I mean, there have been non force weilders who have held their own against jedi n siths plus theres that whole "After the Clone Wars Dueling knowledge was lost" explanation so it is what it is on that ****.

There definitely was a new era feminism  push with this trilogy tho
-Who's the new savior of the galaxy? A woman
-Who's the leader of the rebelion? A woman
-Whats the moral of Poe's mutiny? Trust women

As a more liberal leaning dude it dont bother me much, but it was all handled so clunkily, Leia & Rey deserved much better

I can see that but it didn't feel warranted to me, Kylo Ren was trained by Luke Skywalker wasn't he?.. It doesn't bother me either the diversity of casts, I enjoy women leads, but it felt VERY ghostbusters esque forced.  Like not only was the rebellion leader calling plans, they'd have 'arrogant guys' like Poe interfering by being dumb men or w.e.  It also feels hypocritical because the make Jedis would get their limbs cut off and electrocuted and Rey would just be like NOPE you cannot stop this train!
ShaDynasty

Its crazy cuz this trilogy coulda been great but the Last Jedi really got things off the rails so much it effected this movie

Yup. TFA was pretty good, if uninspired and it set up the next movie well which did take more risks. Some of those risks didn't work so well, but I think if JJ had leaned into at least some of those plot points it would have made more sense.

I think it's kind of meaningless to nitpick all the plot holes and inconsistencies the way SW fans do though. There have been plot holes in this series before. The real problem is that the film is incoherent, and rushed.
SolfWad
SolfWad

:daisyscust:

mid movie
Ren.At.Large

Also why would the Emperor need to hide behind artifacts n ****? U got a whole sith planet fulla planet killing ships, why the secrecy? Youre the dark overlord of the galaxy nigga :hah:
Ren.At.Large

Also who Palpatine ****in on to have kids? :hah:
Vinsanity_Lives

Ren.At.Large link=topic=8266977.msg542233579#msg542233579 date=157​8436007
Also who Palpatine ****in on to have kids? :hah:

This is the biggest concern.  And it turns out as hot as Rey?
Ren.At.Large

Vinsanity_Lives link=topic=8266977.msg542233593#msg542233593 date=157​8444454
This is the biggest concern.  And it turns out as hot as Rey?

Fax, this is my 3rd viewing and im finding more n more holes innit. If he had pod children OK I can belee dat but u mean he had a "normal" son out there in the Galaxy? Who u hittin Palpatine?  :hah:
Ren.At.Large

After this 3rd watch Im 100% convinced that Rian fuct **** up sooooo bad that there was just no where for this trilogy to go, cuz theres sum stuff there but 2nd film really REALLY fuct things up for the 3rd, if things were done differently (not even drastically different) things coulda went down as a generation defining epic, like the OG Trilogy
Vinsanity_Lives

Ren.At.Large link=topic=8266977.msg542233595#msg542233595 date=157​8445313
Fax, this is my 3rd viewing and im finding more n more holes innit. If he had pod children OK I can belee dat but u mean he had a "normal" son out there in the Galaxy? Who u hittin Palpatine?  :hah:

Yeah I'm thinking pod children would have been a better route.  Like could we have a prequel about Palpatine's lovelife that lead to Rey? No thanks.
Vinsanity_Lives

Ren.At.Large link=topic=8266977.msg542233597#msg542233597 date=157​8445601
After this 3rd watch Im 100% convinced that Rian fuct **** up sooooo bad that there was just no where for this trilogy to go, cuz theres sum stuff there but 2nd film really REALLY fuct things up for the 3rd, if things were done differently (not even drastically different) things coulda went down as a generation defining epic, like the OG Trilogy

Yeah but Rian ****ed it up because Force Awakens was SO SAFE and a complete repeat of New Hope
Ren.At.Large

Vinsanity_Lives link=topic=8266977.msg542233677#msg542233677 date=157​8512701
Yeah but Rian ****ed it up because Force Awakens was SO SAFE and a complete repeat of New Hope

I dont think FA was toooooo much like New Hope tho, Rian pretty much just wanted to tear apart all the fan theories but when u break down that 2nd film none of the characters went anywhere really

Pages:1 2 3

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook