Kanye To The: Kanye West

Léon The Professional

Pages:1

drdre

Anyone seen this? Wtf man this is infuriating

To be fair I haven’t seen it

But I saw clips of it in the Sting music video and ten seconds in I had a gut feeling the **** was normalising pedophilia

Then I watched the trailer n that confirmed it further

Now I’ve read the synopsis and it says straight out that the 12 year old has a crush on him

I don’t know exactly how the movie portrays it but this ****ing Sting music video is a love song set to scenes of a 12 year old n a grown man forming a close bond

And absolutely not a single comment seems to find anything weird about this

What’s going on man for real??)

FARER

I always pointed that out but it never seemed to bother anyone tbh.
ThomFork

Confused and traumatized 12 year old likes Leon, but Leon doesn't like her and repeatedly turns her down from what I recall. Been a while since I've seen it.
YAY

Nothing wrong with her having a crush on Leon when he doesn't see her in that way at all. To him the relationship is platonic, he looks at her as a daughter.
Ren.At.Large

Ehhhh its more so about u punk ass kids thinkin yall grown, and the protection of childhood innocence. If ur watching it thinking it romanticizes pedophilia your mind is goin somewhere it shouldnt cuz, Leon loves her like a daughter... like how any older man should a child, he doesnt love her as a partner or physically desire her. Mathilda is a product of her environment and shes seen too much too young and lost that naive innocence children are supposed to have, Leon is trying to protect and restore that.

I can see how someone could perverse it and romanticize it as love letter to adult on kid relations but the film is nooooooot about that.
kidkuro

The girl just has a crush on Leon, she idolizes and falls in love with him because Leon saved her from a bad life. Leon does not return the feelings however, and when you watch it it's very clear to see what their relationship is. Very one-sided, Leon is aware of her feelings, but he's not about that. His real desire to teach the girl how to protect herself and those she loves.

Oddly enough though the movie was directed by a dude who would eventually get caught up in multiple rape and pedophilia allegations so...take with that what you will :kanyeshrug:

Movie is fire though.
Lordie
I would rather have known Castro in the hills than in the palace

There's a reason she dresses up like Chaplin...
drdre

Ehhhh its more so about u punk ass kids thinkin yall grown, and the protection of childhood innocence. If ur watching it thinking it romanticizes pedophilia your mind is goin somewhere it shouldnt cuz, Leon loves her like a daughter... like how any older man should a child, he doesnt love her as a partner or physically desire her. Mathilda is a product of her environment and shes seen too much too young and lost that naive innocence children are supposed to have, Leon is trying to protect and restore that.

I can see how someone could perverse it and romanticize it as love letter to adult on kid relations but the film is nooooooot about that.

Hey man don’t try and flip this into “if you think it romanticises pedophilia, YOU’RE the sicko!”

It’s not my fault that’s how the sting music video portrays it

U can’t watch that sting video and not at least have that cross your mind and if it doesn’t then you’re actually naive

Plus dude above me just said the director was caught up in a bunch of pedophile allegations... where there’s smoke there’s fire
drdre

I always pointed that out but it never seemed to bother anyone tbh.

I bet ya if someone makes the right twitter post on this it’d blow up, considering the times were in
Ren.At.Large

Hey man don’t try and flip this into “if you think it romanticises pedophilia, YOU’RE the sicko!”

It’s not my fault that’s how the sting music video portrays it

U can’t watch that sting video and not at least have that cross your mind and if it doesn’t then you’re actually naive

Plus dude above me just said the director was caught up in a bunch of pedophile allegations... where there’s smoke there’s fire

Lmao not flippin it, if Sting interpreted it that way ayyye dats on them.

Even if the director had his own personal fetish it doesnt effect my outlook or interpretation of the film

Pages:1

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook