Kanye To The: Kanye West

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. October 11, 2019 on Netflix

Pages:1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145

iLGND

i thought that this was great. it was wildly tense when it needed to be. good performances. the walt reveal when they're walking through the hotel room was epic

shadow_moses

For me personally I feel like Todd was the ultimate adversary for Jesse in the last stretch, and we get that perfect moment of release when he kills him, especially with the amount of rage and pain that Paul equally injects in that moment.  It's a beautiful release for both the character and the audience.

Him breaking through the gates in the car and screaming is the final piece of the freedom puzzle imo, like if he was able to overcome that you believe that he can overcome anything.
But he didn’t overcome anything in that last moment himself tho. He was freed by a man who spent the entire show manipulating him and being complacent in the deaths of the people he loved the most. This movie is about Jesse coming into his own and finding his own path minus Heisenberg
Bad Finger Boogie

But he didn’t overcome anything in that last moment himself tho. He was freed by a man who spent the entire show manipulating him and being complacent in the deaths of the people he loved the most. This movie is about Jesse coming into his own and finding his own path minus Heisenberg

I dunno man, I guess I just don't see it that way :mm:

Like, Walt is the one that gives him the shot at freedom, but Jesse taking out Todd is him accepting that he wants to live, that he wants to go forward from this.  Walt shows him the door so to speak, but Jesse is the one that busts it open.

On top of that, those roles are reversed outside - Walt wants to be freed ("Nothing happens until you say it.") but Jesse makes the power play here but not giving in to Walt's final demand of him.  "You have to do it yourself."  He overcame Todd, and in a sense he's now overcome Walt.

Respect your take though for sure :khaled2:
Ren.At.Large

Good watch but doesnt offer much more than the series finale tbh. They just kinda tied off one loose end with certainty.
Dutchess

Haven't watched the show but this felt like a waste of time
Strictly Syrup
BLURRED x VISION

:what:
invoice05252018

:camby: you have no place to critique

leave
FREE

spicy thread
LaSean
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1FPgbGFEGa/?igshid=cxpnlb1iddeu

I see what you're trying to say but the Cowboy Bebop comparison is kinda off just for the fact that Faye & Jet's story arcs concluded before the show ended. If you wanna be real, their story arcs concluded before Spike's did lol Jesse's stuff was way more ambiguous than theirs
I guess you have a point. I'ma give this movie another shot one day and maybe I wont be indifferent to it next time.
Dutchess

:camby: you have no place to critique

leave
lol
Mo City Flexologist

“This doesn’t need to exist”

Is the most bland, uncredible critique you can give to any piece of art ever.

Movie was solid, 9/10.
Prez

“This doesn’t need to exist”

Is the most bland, uncredible critique you can give to any piece of art ever.
Thugger
XanaX Damage

What I really **** with is how Aaron Paul plays the different versions of Jesse in the present & flashback scenes in this movie. The ****y young dealer who didn't know what he was getting himself into, the prisoner who had been psychologically broken down and tortured, & the man who doesn't fear death and is desperately fighting for his freedom.

And the flashback scene with Jane. Man. It almost made me tear up.
Fax B
uhh OK! LMFO

What I really **** with is how Aaron Paul plays the different versions of Jesse in the present & flashback scenes in this movie. The ****y young dealer who didn't know what he was getting himself into, the prisoner who had been psychologically broken down and tortured, & the man who doesn't fear death and is desperately fighting for his freedom.
yup. one of the greatest character arcs in television right there
lover.

I loved this holy ****. Got teary eyed a few times lol
fm20000

Yeah I loved this. Perfect Epilogue.

Aaron Paul tapped back into the magic
Fronk.

for me this gave the new lion king a run for its money as far as which one has less of a reason to exist

I didn't enjoy this personally
Fronk.

thread STINKS

Pages:1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook