Kanye To The: Kanye West

Filmmaking Discussion

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 455

mmonty86
Fake Oscar Odds! https://reelvoice.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/fictitious-oscar-odds-handicapping-the-2016-academy-awards/

What I'm working on:

I'm working on a screenplay about vertical hearing. It hasn't really been done before, and it's a huge undertaking. All the software and hardware treats sounds horizontally, whether it's stereo sound, 5.1 sound or wave field synthesis. We simply don't experience vertical hearing that often.

Fortunately, one of my professors' husbands is a sound artist, so I've been talking to him. The story also is centered upon a person who is praised for their melismatic ability(prolonging one note, like Whitney Houston in "I will always love you"). The community loves her,and melisma is typically associated with great passion, but really she has a stutter and the melisma is almost entirely involuntary. It kind of has echoes of Kafka's "Josephine the Singer", with questions of authenticity and identity. I'm also exploring a "muzak" corporation in the script, which fascinates me. It's just a matter of creating a script that would allow(and accentuate) the sound design.

Mind = blown

BB US Misc: F

RelaxRelapse
NEW SINGLE OUT NOW - INSTAGRAM @IDLYJP

What I'm working on:

I'm working on a screenplay about vertical hearing. It hasn't really been done before, and it's a huge undertaking. All the software and hardware treats sounds horizontally, whether it's stereo sound, 5.1 sound or wave field synthesis. We simply don't experience vertical hearing that often.

Fortunately, one of my professors' husbands is a sound artist, so I've been talking to him. The story also is centered upon a person who is praised for their melismatic ability(prolonging one note, like Whitney Houston in "I will always love you"). The community loves her,and melisma is typically associated with great passion, but really she has a stutter and the melisma is almost entirely involuntary. It kind of has echoes of Kafka's "Josephine the Singer", with questions of authenticity and identity. I'm also exploring a "muzak" corporation in the script, which fascinates me. It's just a matter of creating a script that would allow(and accentuate) the sound design.

:psyboom:
Shy
KING., Spanky

What I'm working on:

Uh....
singleleaf

What I'm working on:

**** sounds INSANE. I've never heard of vertical hearing, gotta check it out. Keep my updated on this, man.
D-Boy
Deleted

What I'm working on:

what da hell
D-Boy
Deleted

I'm almost finished with my leavebehind (what I would pitch to an executive). PM me if you'd like to read it.

i wanna read it pl0x
singleleaf

What I'm working on:

I tried to google vertical hearing and got nothing. Please explain more about this and what a muzak corporation is/what you're trying to do with the film. Sounds amazing.
K-Roc

Hi my name is K-Roc and I am striving to be a filmmaker. I used to be in the Tribeca Film Fellows progam (Started by Robert Deniro) and i was one of 20 kids in NYC that got a chance to see the inner workings of the festival. towards the end of the program Iwe all had to pitch a movie Idea in front of judges, one of them being Joshua Marston (director of Maria Full of Grace, an episode of How to make it in America, Six feet under, etc)

I pitched my film and won the top prize of $1,500 and camera equipment to make my movie. Unfortunately My film idea is a very personal story and I  dont have much film experience, and most of all, I dont want to **** it up lol. I won the award in 2008 theres been alot of pressure to make this short film (10-20min) from both myself and Tribeca.

I have been shaping my story more and more over the years but it's still not where i want it. my 1st 2 drafts were horrible lol but ive come up with some better ideas along the way.

The movie is called "Repair" The title came from a john mayer song called in repair (im not together but im getting there.)

A mother and a son that recently escaped the clutches of physical and mental abuse in Detroit. As they try to start their new life in Ohio they realize they still have unresolved problems between themselves. This is the story about the after effects of abuse and the restoration of love between a mother and son (as opposed to those ****ty lifetime movies). The repairing process is full of resent, regret, guilt, isolation, and sometimes forgiveness.

that was a loose synopsis for my first draft. recently Ive added a the mother meeting a new guy which will serve as a cattle for the drama. because before i used too much dialouge and all the arguments had waaaaaaay too much exposition lol, now my challenge to myself is to not use flashbacks (except my opening sequence), use minimal dialouge, and convey most of the story through actions. (Ive been watching alot of old foreign films lately) emotion/ actions are a universal language.

Opening Title Sequence-  The opening Sequence is going to be paying homage to my favorite Bond film, Goldfinger.

Im going to use a naked man or baby (wow i just thought of this! i should def use a baby now)(its ART lol) (which will represent the son (aka me) in the movie) and im going to use a projector on the body. on the projected clips will be footage of physical abuse. under those images, I want to have scars and bruises appear on the naked body as the footage shows. the sequence ends with the footage mixed with only the voice of a woman naming off states: michigan, ohio, new york. then the son wakes up to his mother driving in the car playing the lisence plate game.

I want to use this song for the sequence:

The XX- Fantasy

This is my sundance film i know it lol. which is part of the reason i want it to be perfect.

any suggestions and ideas?

P.S. I am not experienced at all and i havent been to film school, Ive been learning here and there from my brother who graduated from NYU grad film. I am very open to critisim, advice, and anything.
Msouten
Oh? Am I late?

Hi my name is K-Roc and I am striving to be a filmmaker. I used to be in the Tribeca Film Fellows progam (Started by Robert Deniro) and i was one of 20 kids in NYC that got a chance to see the inner workings of the festival. towards the end of the program Iwe all had to pitch a movie Idea in front of judges, one of them being Joshua Marston (director of Maria Full of Grace, an episode of How to make it in America, Six feet under, etc)

I pitched my film and won the top prize of $1,500 and camera equipment to make my movie. Unfortunately My film idea is a very personal story and I  dont have much film experience, and most of all, I dont want to **** it up lol. I won the award in 2008 theres been alot of pressure to make this short film (10-20min) from both myself and Tribeca.

I have been shaping my story more and more over the years but it's still not where i want it. my 1st 2 drafts were horrible lol but ive come up with some better ideas along the way.

The movie is called "Repair" The title came from a john mayer song called in repair (im not together but im getting there.)

A mother and a son that recently escaped the clutches of physical and mental abuse in Detroit. As they try to start their new life in Ohio they realize they still have unresolved problems between themselves. This is the story about the after effects of abuse and the restoration of love between a mother and son (as opposed to those ****ty lifetime movies). The repairing process is full of resent, regret, guilt, isolation, and sometimes forgiveness.

that was a loose synopsis for my first draft. recently Ive added a the mother meeting a new guy which will serve as a cattle for the drama. because before i used too much dialouge and all the arguments had waaaaaaay too much exposition lol, now my challenge to myself is to not use flashbacks (except my opening sequence), use minimal dialouge, and convey most of the story through actions. (Ive been watching alot of old foreign films lately) emotion/ actions are a universal language.

Opening Title Sequence-  The opening Sequence is going to be paying homage to my favorite Bond film, Goldfinger.

Im going to use a naked man or baby (wow i just thought of this! i should def use a baby now)(its ART lol) (which will represent the son (aka me) in the movie) and im going to use a projector on the body. on the projected clips will be footage of physical abuse. under those images, I want to have scars and bruises appear on the naked body as the footage shows. the sequence ends with the footage mixed with only the voice of a woman naming off states: michigan, ohio, new york. then the son wakes up to his mother driving in the car playing the lisence plate game.

I want to use this song for the sequence:

The XX- Fantasy

This is my sundance film i know it lol. which is part of the reason i want it to be perfect.

any suggestions and ideas?

P.S. I am not experienced at all and i havent been to film school, Ive been learning here and there from my brother who graduated from NYU grad film. I am very open to critisim, advice, and anything.

the idea of the opening scene sounds dope

keep us posted
Mishima

Remember that outline I send some of you guys? Well, I decided I'm going to shoot the pilot on my own and see what I can do with it.
ricovision

I'm currently working on a film set in China as an actor's assistant, ****ing tough job! lol
Mishima

I'm currently working on a film set in China as an actor's assistant, ****ing tough job! lol

wtf, let me come
ricovision

wtf, let me come
I'm always on film sets in China haha. My mother is a movie producer. Trust me, don't ever do film in China...
Mishima

I'm always on film sets in China haha. My mother is a movie producer. Trust me, don't ever do film in China...

tell me story.
mmonty86
Fake Oscar Odds! https://reelvoice.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/fictitious-oscar-odds-handicapping-the-2016-academy-awards/

DO IT.

Yeah, fast track that ****.
Mishima

You guys wanna see which camera I might use?
ktothe2
She's not a fan of Gospel, but a sucker for the organ.

uh-hhuhh

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 455

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook