Kanye To The: Kanye West

Robert Eggers 'The Lighthouse' starring Willem Dafoe(October 18, 2019)

Pages:1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

PalmTree
By the way... not clearedūüėā

i think its a really good interpretation. i want to look into some reviews as well because there was a lot of stuff going on

Alej

**** idk what I just saw but I loved it
frank reynolds

definitely the best movie iíve seen all year

they both were ****ing killing it
woah fr? bout to see this today
bigj713281
The trilogy

Iím going to go see this tonight. Is this as good as the joker and once upon time in Hollywood? I feel like those two movies are the only ones that stood out this year from the rest of everything that has came out so far
Hank Scorpio
Beggin yer pardon yer grace

Iím going to go see this tonight. Is this as good as the joker and once upon time in Hollywood? I feel like those two movies are the only ones that stood out this year from the rest of everything that has came out so far

Far better.
jigglejoint

First off, incredible performance by both Dafoe and Pattinson but ESPECIALLY Dafoe. Idk if man has like a vocal coach or something, but man he was very convincing. I just came out the theater and forgive me if my interpretation comes off a little 2deep4me but I assume this entire movie is a metaphor for Heaven/Hell. Dafoe being the "guardian" to Heaven, Pattinson being the sinner looking for salvation.

It's hinted a lot throughout the movie that Dafoe is supposed to be this righteous character, especially when Pattinson himself says "You think you're so high and mighty".

The hints to Pattinson being the "sinner", well I mean, its pretty in your face. Dude confesses to letting his father die and I think the whole movie is him looking for some sort of redemption. He begins to get so obsessive over the light that he kills Dafoe to reach it. Dafoe himself is even possessive over the light and wouldn't let Pattinson anywhere near it. Like when they were talking and Pattinson asked why he hasn't let him operate the light as yet and Dafoe gets annoyed and just walks out. I think Dafoe is guarding Heaven from the sinner.

Another line that kind of hints to me this whole movie is about Heaven or Hell is what Dafoe says about the seagulls, "They're the souls of the sailors who met their maker" or something like that. I think the seagulls are just representitive of the demons of hell.

I think the final scenes make it strikingly obvious the whole movie is a Heaven/Hell metaphor. When Pattinson kills Dafoe, finally gets inside to see the light (while covered in blood) and then is sent down the stairs which comes off like he was cast out of Heaven and then is sent back to hell, where the demons eat his guts.

Definitely gonna watch some video essays to see what else people thought/how much of a reach this whole post is but I loved this movie

I like this interpretation, a lot more straightforward than the Prometheus comparisons I'm reading in reviews.

My initial interpretation was that this was a descent into insanity story.

Dafoe killed it in this, but I can understand why the studio is gonna push Pattinson for the Oscar for Best Actor.
invoice05252018

woah fr? bout to see this today

enjoy fam. if i could i would see this again today but i just made some big payments. lol

god damn this was both disturbing and hilarious. And the way itís shot is gorgeous.
August4th

need to watch this again
invoice05252018

need to watch this again

Where did you leave off? :khaled:
August4th

Where did you leave off? :khaled:

loved it

need to watch again to get a better grip of the dialogue, so i can get even more immersed into this world.

love how authentic eggers is with this and the witch

invoice05252018

loved it

need to watch again to get a better grip of the dialogue, so i can get even more immersed into this world.

love how authentic eggers is with this and the witch

Agreed. I need at least two more rewatches to fully grasp the dialogue in its dialect properly lol
Primate

It sucks that there's no info on international release dates!!!!
bigj713281
The trilogy

Who was the blonde guy in the movie?
Lou

That was wild
Lou

Who was the blonde guy in the movie?
I think he was the guy that pattinsonís character murder and stole his name

might be completely wrong tho. need to see this again
notmyfirsttt

this movie's ****ing insane, idek how to rate it but it's obviously worth a watch.

reeeeally wish my theatre had subtitles, during the whole 'spilling beans' scene and a lot of other moments it was really hard to understand what they were saying

and mermaid **** did not dissapoint
notmyfirsttt

First off, incredible performance by both Dafoe and Pattinson but ESPECIALLY Dafoe. Idk if man has like a vocal coach or something, but man he was very convincing. I just came out the theater and forgive me if my interpretation comes off a little 2deep4me but I assume this entire movie is a metaphor for Heaven/Hell. Dafoe being the "guardian" to Heaven, Pattinson being the sinner looking for salvation.

It's hinted a lot throughout the movie that Dafoe is supposed to be this righteous character, especially when Pattinson himself says "You think you're so high and mighty".

The hints to Pattinson being the "sinner", well I mean, its pretty in your face. Dude confesses to letting his father die and I think the whole movie is him looking for some sort of redemption. He begins to get so obsessive over the light that he kills Dafoe to reach it. Dafoe himself is even possessive over the light and wouldn't let Pattinson anywhere near it. Like when they were talking and Pattinson asked why he hasn't let him operate the light as yet and Dafoe gets annoyed and just walks out. I think Dafoe is guarding Heaven from the sinner.

Another line that kind of hints to me this whole movie is about Heaven or Hell is what Dafoe says about the seagulls, "They're the souls of the sailors who met their maker" or something like that. I think the seagulls are just representitive of the demons of hell.

I think the final scenes make it strikingly obvious the whole movie is a Heaven/Hell metaphor. When Pattinson kills Dafoe, finally gets inside to see the light (while covered in blood) and then is sent down the stairs which comes off like he was cast out of Heaven and then is sent back to hell, where the demons eat his guts.

Definitely gonna watch some video essays to see what else people thought/how much of a reach this whole post is but I loved this movie

thanks for this perspective, super cool
notmyfirsttt

I think he was the guy that pattinsonís character murder and stole his name

might be completely wrong tho. need to see this again

I think you're right I don't see it being anyone else

Pages:1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook