Kanye To The: Kanye West

Robert Eggers 'The Lighthouse' starring Willem Dafoe(October 18, 2019)

Pages:1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

DatDudeChris

just copped one of the t shirts from the a24 x online ceramics collab :banderas:

Gon cop the hoodie & white tee if this movie fire. I wanted to see it tonight but no ones showing it around me til next week smh

Gears

Gon cop the hoodie & white tee if this movie fire. I wanted to see it tonight but no ones showing it around me til next week smh
I wanted the hoodie but couldn't justify spending $90 on it, settled for the black tee tho :nas:
im just me.
poopoopeepee

seeing it next weekend  :mindfkd:
Fax B
uhh OK! LMFO

as a big fan of pattinsonís recent output, i wasnt blown away by his performance in this, Dafoe stole the show tbh he was absolutely incredible

as for the movie itself, i think i set my expectations too high, but i def enjoyed it (although im still tryna piece together exactly what happened lmao)
Whitemike

This movie was a real experience
Hank Scorpio
Beggin yer pardon yer grace

TONIGHT
Whitemike

KTT sleep

Iím seeing this again on Monday
christophumon
do the right thing

TONIGHT
notmyfirsttt

Seeing this tmrw :damn:
Yuzzy

notmyfirsttt link=topic=7478450.msg542113​625#msg542113​625 date=1571939285
Seeing this tmrw :damn:
notmyfirsttt

Iím scared this isnít gonna live up to my hype for it
notmyfirsttt

And **** that merch is looking so nice
Gears

3 HOURS :cryfam:
Sgt.Leaf
Y'all broke as fuck tbh

TONIGHT
Sgt.Leaf
Y'all broke as fuck tbh

First off, incredible performance by both Dafoe and Pattinson but ESPECIALLY Dafoe. Idk if man has like a vocal coach or something, but man he was very convincing. I just came out the theater and forgive me if my interpretation comes off a little 2deep4me but I assume this entire movie is a metaphor for Heaven/Hell. Dafoe being the "guardian" to Heaven, Pattinson being the sinner looking for salvation.

It's hinted a lot throughout the movie that Dafoe is supposed to be this righteous character, especially when Pattinson himself says "You think you're so high and mighty".

The hints to Pattinson being the "sinner", well I mean, its pretty in your face. Dude confesses to letting his father die and I think the whole movie is him looking for some sort of redemption. He begins to get so obsessive over the light that he kills Dafoe to reach it. Dafoe himself is even possessive over the light and wouldn't let Pattinson anywhere near it. Like when they were talking and Pattinson asked why he hasn't let him operate the light as yet and Dafoe gets annoyed and just walks out. I think Dafoe is guarding Heaven from the sinner.

Another line that kind of hints to me this whole movie is about Heaven or Hell is what Dafoe says about the seagulls, "They're the souls of the sailors who met their maker" or something like that. I think the seagulls are just representitive of the demons of hell.

I think the final scenes make it strikingly obvious the whole movie is a Heaven/Hell metaphor. When Pattinson kills Dafoe, finally gets inside to see the light (while covered in blood) and then is sent down the stairs which comes off like he was cast out of Heaven and then is sent back to hell, where the demons eat his guts.

Definitely gonna watch some video essays to see what else people thought/how much of a reach this whole post is but I loved this movie
Lake.
Hi.

:rejoice:
Gears

Best film i've seen this year and maybe the best i've seen in theaters since 2049 :cryfam: blassic
invoice05252018

definitely the best movie iíve seen all year

they both were ****ing killing it

Pages:1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook