Kanye To The: Kanye West

Ari Aster's 'Hereditary' from A24

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 48

August4th

When Ellen, the matriarch of the Graham family, passes away, her daughter's family begins to unravel cryptic and increasingly terrifying secrets about their ancestry. The more they discover, the more they find themselves trying to outrun the sinister fate they seem to have inherited. Making his feature debut, writer-director Ari Aster unleashes a nightmare vision of a domestic breakdown that exhibits the craft and precision of a nascent auteur, transforming a familial tragedy into something ominous and deeply disquieting, and pushing the horror movie into chilling new terrain with its shattering portrait of heritage gone to hell.

reactions from sundance
The audience was audibly gasping at this one. A big thanks to Ari Aster for delving into his personal life to bring us this scary ass film. Our fav horror movie A24 has put out. Weíll definitely be heading back to the theaters to see it when itís released.

HEREDITARY is so disquieting, youíll be gasping for air in the theater. Utterly believable supernatural horror. There will be no scarier movie this year. If there is, it means weíre in a new golden age

Holy **** that was incredible. One of the most disturbing and terrifying films in years. TRUST ME. You WILL be hearing about #Hereditary. I have not been that truly horrified in years. If youíre up at #Sundance see it immediately. I LOVED this film. This is what horror is.

Slackô️

Letís go!
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Been in!
Heel Kylo🦁
The human condition is a straight up tragedy, cuz

KRULE
run 4 ur life

flootures
DOUGIE IS COOPER?!?!? HOW THE HELL IS THIS?!?

morktt
yes

🅰️drianSection Mod

Been in!
OnTheVerge
FKA No Puns

PT. 💎Section Mod
bob igers son

GOODMusicGoldenChild
Deleted

I'm just joining the herd.
August4th

I donít scare easily. As much as I love horror movies, and have since I was young, they donít usually shake me in any real, lasting way: ďItís only a movieĒ is always there for me like a security blanket, smothering any genuine panic. So itís a special kind of awful, a rare treat of sorts, when something comes along that actually gets past my defenses, that does more than make me jolt upright in my seat occasionally or instill with me a vague, temporary unease. That happened last night, in a crowded Park City theater, during the second public screening of Ari Asterís blood-curdling Hereditary (Grade: A-), most of which I spent in a state of deep distress, palms soaked, breath shallow. This isnít a scary movie. Itís pure emotional terrorism, gripping you with real horror, the unspeakable kind, and then imbuing the supernatural stuff with those feelings. It didnít play me like a fiddle. It slammed on my insides like a grand piano.

hope A24 releases this in the spring.. want this now
August4th

that review speculates A24 might release this in march
cut

XantaClaus

An A24 flick? In.

Horror flick too? Double innnn.
Fiasco.
pass the ball bitch

:oh:
Flame

IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN
Thread Critic Ph.D.
you still on ktt? TUH! we on that new new hunty!

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 48

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook