Kanye To The: Kanye West

Quentin Tarantino's 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' | NOW PLAYING

Pages:1 ... 336 337 338 339 340

Vibe
https://ktt2.com

mentalcase420 link=topic=6794993.msg54215​9231#msg54215​9231 date=1572130959
he got at least 1 left but I think he's working on a novel right now so probably will be a while
he said "See you in 3 years" to one of the late night talk show host when he was promoting this. Seems like a fair estimate

WZRDly

Am I the only one who thought this was Quentins most underwhelming film to date?

Could this be the start of the decline?

I might have to watch it again to appreciate it more, but tbh on first watch it wasnt great.
Vinsanity_Lives

Am I the only one who thought this was Quentins most underwhelming film to date?

Could this be the start of the decline?

I might have to watch it again to appreciate it more, but tbh on first watch it wasnt great.

H8 was the start of the decline.

Either losing Sally Menke (longtime editor) or just age.

H8 and Once were both aesthetically cool and some good moments/characters but lacked... anything really.  Lacked that punch or constant smirky vibe you get during a Tarantino movie.  It's like they had a few Tarantino moments surrounded by a ton of fluff.

Django also had a lot of criticism about the ending but that movie kicked ass can't really complain.

He's definitely been in decline though.  Can't watch Jackie Brown or IB and then the last two and not feel that he's lot a bit of his touch.
WZRDly

H8 and Once were both aesthetically cool and some good moments/characters but lacked... anything really.  Lacked that punch or constant smirky vibe you get during a Tarantino movie.  It's like they had a few Tarantino moments surrounded by a ton of fluff.

Django also had a lot of criticism about the ending but that movie kicked ass can't really complain.

He's definitely been in decline though.  Can't watch Jackie Brown or IB and then the last two and not feel that he's lot a bit of his touch.
I actually enjoyed Hateful Eight. It had the classic Tarantino dialogue that we always loved. I do think the extended version is a bit of a snoozer, but if you watch the original cut, I think its a dope movie.

I can see how some parts might have been kind of pointless though, or as you call it fluff. There is a good amount of scenes that seemed really unnecessary.

But where I liked H8 is that it had more of a story and theme than Once Upon a Time. OUATIH was just ****ing pointless all together
Vinsanity_Lives

I actually enjoyed Hateful Eight. It had the classic Tarantino dialogue that we always loved. I do think the extended version is a bit of a snoozer, but if you watch the original cut, I think its a dope movie.

I can see how some parts might have been kind of pointless though, or as you call it fluff. There is a good amount of scenes that seemed really unnecessary.

But where I liked H8 is that it had more of a story and theme than Once Upon a Time. OUATIH was just ****ing pointless all together

Hateful eight had a great premise and story but he shat all over it with the narration about the coffee.  Prime Tarantino would never do that.

I actually the the dialogue was what made me feel he's declining. It was all exposition "hey! I know you! You are so and so. Goddam!". Tarantino used to use interesting flashbacks or back stories other than "We had a steak! You were super mean back in the day!"

I understand why people like Hateful Eight, but it's easily my least favorite Tarantino, parts of it were fine though.  It definitely felt more Tarantino than Once.  Once was like a bad episode of Tarantino. I liked it but it wasn't very interesting.  Like I tried really hard to get into Rick and Cliff but I didn't until like Italy section. There was some good humor tho. Maybe because it's hard for me to believe DiCaprio being a struggling actor.
SegaDreamFlash

Come on man they went out of their way to romanticize Roman Polanski.  I'm a massive Tarantino fan but I can't act like I love everything he does

I donít love everything he does, but I barely remember Polanski outside of that one long scene with him and the dog.
frank reynolds

digital release nov.25 :banderas:
mentalcase420

digital release nov.25 :banderas:

yup physicals Dec 10
YAY

Come on man they went out of their way to romanticize Roman Polanski.  I'm a massive Tarantino fan but I can't act like I love everything he does
huh his presence was barely felt in the movie even when he was on screen
Lordie
I would rather have known Castro in the hills than in the palace

I feel like Sally was the outsider's perspective that helped pacing
She probably would've cut up to 20 mins out of this movie just to help it move faster
Imagine KB2 without her lmao
Vinsanity_Lives

I feel like Sally was the outsider's perspective that helped pacing
She probably would've cut up to 20 mins out of this movie just to help it move faster
Imagine KB2 without her lmao

Yes, he's said in his documentaries that Sally and him would argue all the time but he knew she had his best interest in mind.
Vinsanity_Lives

Finally got around to extended cut Hateful Eight, can definitely say it's better with all the extra dialogue to flesh out the characters, made it feel a lot more like The Thing with more Kurt Russell bossing everyone around.

Still on the fence about this one though.

Can't wait for Hollywood to hit streaming, way better for me outside of Kill Bill & Django to watch these at home.
Prez

The Hateful Eight extended series on Netflix :banderas:

fam this is so good. I liked the movie already but I think this 4-episode series is the BEST way to consume it. the extended/alternate footage adds a lot to the character development IMO. the 45 minute episodes are perfect and don't drag like a 3+ hour movie can drag. I actually still have only watched the first 3 (1 to go) but I am loving it. this movie is phenomenal looking back on it now.

I hope he does the same thing with OUATIH because we know he has all that extra footage he wants to put out. it would make a perfect 4 part Netflix series too IMO.

dont sleep on this fam. watch the serialized H8 if you havent already
marshmallow

Who the hell is watching movies in 2019
Vinsanity_Lives

HD version finally online. So much better without the audience laughter/clapping!

Definitely a grower, a bit boring but a good movie compared to everything else out there.
El Machine

This was so good

Pages:1 ... 336 337 338 339 340

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook