Paris - Roubaix
Liège–Bastogne–Liège
Giro di Lombardia
Julen Hurts
#FreeLanda

Froome still gonna win though yeah? 🇬🇧🇰🇪
Contador winning it at the last stage in Angliru :ffpu:

Kubrick

Have another question since I feel like an uneducated peasant when it comes to this

You get all these sprint riders who collect all the stage wins and **** but why are they never in the general classification? I mean, do they do **** all in some of the stages and are like 3 hours back or something?
Julen Hurts
#FreeLanda

Have another question since I feel like an uneducated peasant when it comes to this

You get all these sprint riders who collect all the stage wins and **** but why are they never in the general classification? I mean, do they do **** all in some of the stages and are like 3 hours back or something?
more or less lol

be sure to watch this weekends stages :khaled2:
Spaghetti Papi
This post is brought to you by Team Bahrain-Merida

Yeah actually in the mountain stages all the sprinters/non climbers usually form a "gruppetto" to try and finish the stage inside the time limit, otherwise they would get disqualified from the race.

The other option for them is just to **** off and abandon the Grand Tour right after they've done most of the flat stages (usually positioned in the first week). That's what usually happens at the Giro for example, where the biggest sprinters leave the race right before they start riding on the Alps.

Anyway there's usually a special classification for them (based on points instead of time). At the TdF it was the green jersey for example.
Spaghetti Papi

Nice stage today :maybe:
Kubrick

Yeah actually in the mountain stages all the sprinters/non climbers usually form a "gruppetto" to try and finish the stage inside the time limit, otherwise they would get disqualified from the race.

The other option for them is just to **** off and abandon the Grand Tour right after they've done most of the flat stages (usually positioned in the first week). That's what usually happens at the Giro for example, where the biggest sprinters leave the race right before they start riding on the Alps.

Anyway there's usually a special classification for them (based on points instead of time). At the TdF it was the green jersey for example.

Yeah I knew about the green jersey life but didn't realise it was literally a massive struggle on the other stages. Must be a nightmare for them then.

How far back are we talking though? Like an hour or ?
Spaghetti Papi

Kubrick link=topic=6755354.msg46656757​8#msg46656757​8 date=1504462158
Yeah I knew about the green jersey life but didn't realise it was literally a massive struggle on the other stages. Must be a nightmare for them then.

How far back are we talking though? Like an hour or ?
Yeah the climbers are like 50-60kg while the biggest sprinters can go up to 75-80. It's a huge difference on a mountain stage.

It's a percentage calculated on the winner's time. On a flat stage it'll be something like 4% while on a super hard day it can go up to 18-20%, so yeah 50-60 minutes at worst I think, otherwise they're out
Spaghetti Papi

Nibali and Contador took only +57" and +59" respectively from Froome on today's TT, can't complain really :maybe:

Now our only chance to beat Froome is a coup d'etat on the Angliru or something though :okay:

Maybe the guys who were trash today (Aru, Chaves) can help with an attack :khaled:
Spaghetti Papi

Today's final climb :banderas:

Julen Hurts
#FreeLanda

Man sucks I started afternoon classes, Papi you carrying the thread right now
Spaghetti Papi

Man sucks I started afternoon classes, Papi you carrying the thread right now
It was the best stage so far :hhh:

El Pistolero confirmed why he's a ****ing legend :ffpu:

Now two (maybe just apparently) boring stages and then the Angliru :whew: