Aria
_

Ye

Aria
_

Trailer for his latest

NSFW-ish

Vahn

You forgot to add Vivre sa Vie to the OP bruh.
Aria
_

You forgot to add Vivre sa Vie to the OP bruh.
Added just for you
Vahn

Added just for you
Anna Karina :allears:
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

I ****s with Godard's filmography :work:
Mishima

I respect him for constantly attempting to transform the way we approach the medium. Unfortunately, his film "essays" are so educational and bland that it causes me to just turn off. Even in his earlier films like A Woman is A Woman, the constant need for mockery is agitating. I do like his later films though, such as Hail Mary and King Lear.
Batemon
joanna/bluedress

i still havent seen notre musique which is apparently good.
Harford

Why is Pierrot le Fou not in the op   

I respect him for constantly attempting to transform the way we approach the medium. Unfortunately, his film "essays" are so educational and bland that it causes me to just turn off. Even in his earlier films like A Woman is A Woman, the constant need for mockery is agitating. I do like his later films though, such as Hail Mary and King Lear.

what kind of theories does he spew?
Aria
_

Why is Pierrot le Fou not in the op   
I just picked some favorites :kanyeshrug:

Only seen breathless so far. Liked it
Aria
_

Yeah, his film essays can feel like work, especially on a first viewing but there is a beauty to them that transcends the politics for me. Just the way he cuts gets to me.
Fidelio
how about this for a bit idea...

I still haven't see his films, but a much better director is Amir Shervan.

Yeah, his film essays can feel like work, especially on a first viewing but there is a real beauty to them that transcends the politics for me. Just the way he cuts gets to me.
Mishima

His pragmatic stances on capitalism and his constant need to try to emphasize such beliefs as "the death of cinema", it's exhausting to see someone take themselves so seriously. Personally, I loved Tout Va Bien though. I thought that it was a film that held no bias toward Marxism, while still showing the negative effects of Capitalism in France. Again, I appreciate the way he uses cinema to express his discontent with what goes on around him. His editorial choices are also always innovative, extremely influential to many filmmakers. Now that I think of it he's almost a genre within himself, whether that's a good thing or not depends on who you ask.

His pragmatic stances on capitalism and his constant need to try to emphasize such beliefs as "the death of cinema", it's exhausting to see someone take themselves so seriously. Personally, I loved Tout Va Bien though. I thought that it was a film that held no bias toward Marxism, while still showing the negative effects of Capitalism in France. Again, I appreciate the way he uses cinema to express his discontent with what goes on around him. His editorial choices are also always innovative, extremely influential to many filmmakers. Now that I think of it he's almost a genre within himself, whether that's a good thing or not depends on who you ask.

thanks fam
Aria
_

One of the bigs ones is how Cinema's biggest failure was how it failed to document the holocaust. Godard has(had?) beef with Shoah and it's director because he refused to use archival footage. It's up in the air, even for diehard fans, that he is anti-semitic. Plus he is very Pro-Palestine.

Take that how you want.

Could also explain why he hates Schindler's List so much

Pages:1 2 3 4

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook