Kanye To The: Kanye West

‘Trick ‘r Treat’ Sequel in the Works (:fire:)

Pages:1 2

dorian_j
In such a horror mood

As we close out the month of October, we imagine some of you have been revisiting your favorite horror films or discovering new classics and cult favorites. Perhaps one of them was Michael Dougherty‘s anthology horror film Trick ‘r Treat, which toured the festival circuit after its 2007 debut, before unceremoniously getting dumped on Blu-ray and DVD in time for Halloween 2009. However, it seems as though it’s become a hit on home release, as a sequel has officially been confirmed.

Following a screening of the film last night in Los Angeles’ Egyptian Theater, the director revealed his plans for the project, with Legendary Pictures on board as financiers. EW also caught up with the helmer to get a few more details, confirming that Dougherty believes this is a series that could live on every few years, with the burlap sack-wearing Sam being the connecting link between various stories, including an exploration of his back story.

With no script completed yet, it’s probably awhile before we’ll see the results, which is said to expand on the different types of monsters from the first film. The director also says that they are hoping for a theatrical release (in a future October, obviously), but is open to a VOD bow considering the increased prevalence of the format, compared to when the original was released. As major fans of the first project, it would be wonderful to see a recurring franchise like this take the place of the latest Paranormal Activity, etc. during the season, so hopefully the follow-up is a success.

Source

52WATTS

Watched the first one last night after the game!
52WATTS

Also am I the only one who loses it every time Dylan Baker is in his leather suit acting a fool?
Wally
Everybody's dying bitch.

Also am I the only one who loses it every time Dylan Baker is in his leather suit acting a fool?

That guy cracked me up in this movie. Was so sadistic, loved it.

But man, I am pumped for this. I'mma download Trick R' Treat and watch it tonight I think.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

I'mma download Trick R' Treat and watch it tonight I think.
OohTickleMe
shave my body hair and tickle me

I remember the sequel was rumored when the film first came out, and was upset to not hear anything about it til now. Glad to see they are pulling the trigger on this
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

I remember the sequel was rumored when the film first came out, and was upset to not hear anything about it til now. Glad to see they are pulling the trigger on this

When they finally released the film, I was like 'why the **** it took them so long to drop this gem?'. The same goes for 'The Cabin In the Woods'. smfh
Wally
Everybody's dying bitch.

When they finally released the film, I was like 'why the **** it took them so long to drop this gem?'. The same goes for 'The Cabin In the Woods'. smfh

Damn man, I just thought about it, I remember how pumped I was for Trick r' Treat. I was apart of this horror forum and all the updates on it then it just never came out over and over and over...I was like WTF
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Damn man, I just thought about it, I remember how pumped I was for Trick r' Treat. I was apart of this horror forum and all the updates on it then it just never came out over and over and over...I was like WTF

Yeah, the delay was a mess. If this film had been properly advertised, it would've been a hit at the Box Office.
Wally
Everybody's dying bitch.

Yeah, the delay was a mess. If this film had been properly advertised, it would've been a hit at the Box Office.

For sure. I remember one reason they delayed it was because the Saw movies because they kept trying to release on Halloween but they didn't want to go battle it out with a Saw movie, so then they were gonna do it again one year and they decided not to because of RZ's Halloween II. Would have been cool to see this movie in theaters. Better than half the **** that has come out the last two years.
brainmelt

Mishima

The first one was piff.
Wally
Everybody's dying bitch.

The first one was piff.
GASP

I thought there was an update :cryfam:
Le Enfant
Woodgrain grippin'

got a new one to watch
Kip

in
SAINT PABLO
the future

Watched this for the first time yesterday actually. Dope movie, hope this sequel is still in the works
Immortal123

IN

Pages:1 2

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook