Kanye To The: Kanye West

So, you guys are into jazz? (Camp Flog Gnaw Music Club)

Pages:1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 122

imreallytheworst

I'm really trying to stay away from opinion in this thread so lets say this: If a song from this thread reminds you of another song, share it in your response statement.  For example, "the james pants song mentioned earlier (quote post) reminds me of this song by this person (share youtube link for the song)" that way, the posts stay on topic and dont have people going off on tangents about music they like

Gotcha  :banjo:

nairosage
sleepycowboy.tumblr.com

I'm really trying to stay away from opinion in this thread so lets say this: If a song from this thread reminds you of another song, share it in your response statement.  For example, "the james pants song mentioned earlier (quote post) reminds me of this song by this person (share youtube link for the song)" that way, the posts stay on topic and dont have people going off on tangents about music they like
so we can't share jazz music that we personally like? and is it only forbidden to **** tyler has mentioned?
jakereuter10

so we can't share jazz music that we personally like? and is it only forbidden to **** tyler has mentioned?
no no, please dont think that at all. :/

im just saying rather, it would be nice if the music all somehow got back to something tyler has shared.  you can have a very loose definition for the way one song can remind you of many others.  everyones posts have been awesome, i just dont want this to turn into a show and tell of music people like.  the tie back to tyler gives people a reason to listen in my opinion. 
imreallytheworst

His favorite from The Black Album

:datass: :lol: :laugh: :laugh:
jakereuter10

:datass: :lol: :laugh: :laugh:
this is awesome!  you gotta post the Twitter link to your favorite vine he did with this song! :)
nairosage
sleepycowboy.tumblr.com

im just saying rather, it would be nice if the music all somehow got back to something tyler has shared.  you can have a very loose definition for the way one song can remind you of many others.  everyones posts have been awesome, i just dont want this to turn into a show and tell of music people like.  the tie back to tyler gives people a reason to listen in my opinion. 
okay so basically if we choose on sharing something that tyler hasn't mentioned, then we have try to find a way to tie in with something he's made or shared? cuz the songs I've posted so far is things that I think tyler, or whoever has a similar taste as him will like
nairosage
sleepycowboy.tumblr.com

also I don't see it as more of a 'show and tell' thread. I see it as just a sharethread where we exchange songs that we like
jakereuter10

okay so basically if we choose on sharing something that tyler hasn't mentioned, then we have try to find a way to tie in with something he's made or shared? cuz the songs I've posted so far is things that I think tyler, or whoever has a similar taste as him will like
right, or even something someone else has posted in here.... "the Roy Ayers song Shizuka posted earlier (quote post) reminds me of X X X (youtube link).  "if you like that song (quote post), you should check out this stuff ______" that way, even if theres like 3 degrees of separation, everything still ties back somehow to tyler's social media. 
nairosage
sleepycowboy.tumblr.com

right, or even something someone else has posted in here.... "the Roy Ayers song Shizuka posted earlier (quote post) reminds me of X X X (youtube link).  "if you like that song (quote post), you should check out this stuff ______" that way, even if theres like 3 degrees of separation, everything still ties back somehow to tyler's social media. 
okay thanks for clearing that up bruh
jakereuter10

okay thanks for clearing that up bruh
no problem, thanks for the great contributions.

your john legend post for example could be a great way of sharing some boss nova that you like because tyler has mentioned the genre multiple times and its icing on the cake that you were able to pull a specific song (maxine is something hes mentioned) for it as a whole
BrittanyBeauty
I saw Jay Z and Kanye at the Samsung Galaxy show!

Best thread of all time!

https://twitter.com/****tyler/status/18913263563571200

jakereuter10

Best thread of all time!
Thanks!  Quote a song, tell us what you think, there's no right or wrong here!

edit: haha apparently i was a little early, thanks for the contribution!
Emery
Deleted

I've been contemplating adding music to the OP like that but I'm not sure if thats something I want to do once the thread goes a little more "live" (meaning my hope for the thread is if tyler posts some music in the future, it would be better on a live page here rather than eventually posted in the OP) idk, Im open to thoughts on it

:kanyeshrug: I think more live is better, I would think more memorable posts being added to the OP would make more sense
jakereuter10

:kanyeshrug: I think more live is better, I would think more memorable posts being added to the OP would make more sense
Interesting.  What about keeping a list of "badges" in the OP.

"Thoughts on some kind of "merit badge" system (you know, Camp Flog Gnaw and all)?

Maybe you earn like your "Bastard Badge" with at least 2 music contributions and 5 personal responses.  "Goblin Badge" for 4 music contributions and 10 personal responses.  "WOLF Badge" for 8 music contributions and 20 personal responses.  Then the ever elusive, but extremely desirable "EARLWOLF badge/Scout Master" for anyone who gets Tyler to shout out/contribute to the thread haha (EARLWOLF badge subject to change)"

though i have a suspicion blvckkk may have earned an EARLWOLF badge ;)
Emery
Deleted

Interesting.  What about keeping a list of "badges" in the OP.

"Thoughts on some kind of "merit badge" system (you know, Camp Flog Gnaw and all)?

Maybe you earn like your "Bastard Badge" with at least 2 music contributions and 5 personal responses.  "Goblin Badge" for 4 music contributions and 10 personal responses.  "WOLF Badge" for 8 music contributions and 20 personal responses.  Then the ever elusive, but extremely desirable "EARLWOLF badge/Scout Master" for anyone who gets Tyler to shout out/contribute to the thread haha (EARLWOLF badge subject to change)"

though i have a suspicion blvckkk may have earned an EARLWOLF badge ;)

Well you already for sure have The EARLWOLF badge

I think that's an amazing idea, although knowing how rare the earlwolf badge will be I don't exactly know if it should be that difficult to get, and how would you design the badges?
jakereuter10

Well you already for sure have The EARLWOLF badge

I think that's an amazing idea, although knowing how rare the earlwolf badge will be I don't exactly know if it should be that difficult to get, and how would you design the badges?
I'll go to the drawing board and hopefully update the OP tonight.

In the mean time, let's get back to sharing! Someone finally brought up Stevie and I KNOW Tyler has shared a ton of his stuff. 

Where should a Stevie newb begin?
Emery
Deleted

In the mean time, let's get back to sharing! Someone finally brought up Stevie and I KNOW Tyler has shared a ton of his stuff. 

Start at Talking Book <3
nairosage
sleepycowboy.tumblr.com

innervisions & talking book

Pages:1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 122

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook