Kanye To The: Kanye West

“So, you guys are into jazz?” (Camp Flog Gnaw Music Club)

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 122

jakereuter10

Using Tyler’s social media, let’s listen to some of the music he has recommended and respond to it.

Tyler’s Social
Twitter - https://twitter.com/****tyler   
Formspring - spring.me/wolfhaley
Instagram - http://instagram.com/feliciathegoat/

WOLF Badge Recipients

Goblin Badge Recipients
F O L

Bastard Badge Recipients
Emery (first badge in the thread, congrats!)

The rules to this thread are pretty simple:
Your post can include any (or all) of the following three things:
1.   A link to Tyler’s social where he mentions music he likes
2.   A YouTube video of music Tyler likes (must include the link to his social or a video where mentioned it (Nardwuar interview for example))
3.     A YouTube video of a cover of any Tyler song
4.     An abstract/subjective statement about your response to the music (if you are only making a statement, please quote the user who mentioned the song first)

Examples of abstract statements related to the music:
-   “This song/album makes me want to….”
-   “This song reminds me of…”
-   “This song reminds me of this song (bonus points if this is a Tyler song!)”
-       Even a quick story about the first time you heard something would be great!

There really is no reason to debate in this thread so please keep your posts to one of the above four things and let’s get a fun conversation about some different music going. 

(Inspired by the Album of the Week Club from whats up)

jakereuter10

(I'll start)

https://twitter.com/****tyler/status/392573661544071168

This song reminds me of the end of a movie and maybe everything didn’t work out for the main characters but they’ve made peace with that and are happy that they are closer as a result of the “failure.”  (roll credits)

Badges

Camp Flog Gnaw Merit Badges are awarded on a point scale. The breakdown for points is as follows:

(NEW = not previously used in the thread)
2 points for a NEW YouTube video post (from Tyler's social or a cover of a Tyler song)
2 points for a NEW link to Tyler's social
1 point for a personal reflection on any song from the thread

Therefore, an individual post can be worth up to 5 points per song. Once a song is posted, others can potentially quote the song for points, but only for (a) giving a personal reflection (including sharing song links of songs you are reminded of) or (b) sharing another NEW social post from Tyler related to the song/ artist (a lot of points to be had for Toro, for example), both of which being worth 1 point.

The breakdown for the Badges is as follows:
20 points = Bastard Badge
50 points = Goblin Badge
100 points = WOLF Badge
???/??? = The EARLWOLF/Scout Master Badge (I'm open to suggestions on this one... Maybe any further mentions of the thread from Tyler based on a question/tweet to Tyler from you?)

Claiming your merit badge will include the following:
PM me with a request stating the badge you are applying for. Then, quote your own posts from the thread and clear the contents and replace them with the number of points that you scored in the post. I will click on the link for each post and confirm that the number of points is in fact located in the post. Once I have confirmed all points, your name will be added to the OP under Tyler's social and above the rules as recipient of said badge. Links that don't work will have to be resubmitted.
Balla Bloccin
https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/excusetherant/pl.u-gxbllp1I8Vpjxg

:Khaled:
Beck
stream honey

Ok so I know you asked for a link but it was on formspring quite some time ago and I can't really be arsed to dig it up but: Roy Ayers

Very good music, found out about him from my mother and I would highly suggest anyone who hasn't listen to an album of his to do so.

Question though, why the set format?
jakereuter10

Ok so I know you asked for a link but it was on formspring quite some time ago and I can't really be arsed to dig it up but: Roy Ayers

Very good music, found out about him from my mother and I would highly suggest anyone who hasn't listen to an album of his to do so.

Question though, why the set format?
They're pretty loose rules, I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into some kind of tangent/opinion thread.

Can you post a YouTube link of some Ayers to check out (I was hoping someone would use this example and actually, your source could be the Nardwuar interview btw)

That's cool your mom put you on to Ayers, I don't think my mom has ever put me on to cool music lol
jakereuter10

http://4ms.me/18SItip

jakereuter10

A lot of potential sources here! ^

Beck
stream honey

jakereuter10 link=topic=570431.msg28325​625#msg28325​625 date=1382708530
They're pretty loose rules, I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into some kind of tangent/opinion thread.

Can you post a YouTube link of some Ayers to check out (I was hoping someone would use this example and actually, your source could be the Nardwuar interview btw)

That's cool your mom put you on to Ayers, I don't think my mom has ever put me on to cool music lol

Ah I see. My mom is old school so I was raised on a lotta jazz and old rnb. I actually forgot about the Nardwuar interview tbh. Here's some songs:

Beck
stream honey

This is probably his most known song (or at least top 3):

album by the same name, would be a nice starting point album wise for him.
jakereuter10

Another movie feel for this one.... It reminds me of a time lapse shot or a collection of quick shots to show distance traveled on the way to somewhere happy of some kind (maybe driving down the Vegas strip)
swaggybeej
gUH

8.9 best new OF sxn thread

you made it classy and organized enough to where it wasn't corny
jakereuter10

These are great, thanks!  This one in particular makes me happy its Friday and makes me want to do something nice for someone this weekend haha
jakereuter10

8.9 best new OF sxn thread

you made it classy and organized enough to where it wasn't corny
Thanks, as a vet around here, your co-sign means a lot haha

I'm just glad this is the stuff that Tyler likes and inspires his music!

Any obscure references to contribute?  I feel like you would have quite the knowledge... (Id even be willing to dig for the source link for you if you'd like :))
Beck
stream honey

These are great, thanks!  This one in particular makes me happy its Friday and makes me want to do something nice for someone this weekend haha

It's my favorite of his tbh, it reminds me of 70s movies with summer scenes/themes.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 ... 122

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook