Kanye To The: Kanye West

'Better Call Saul' | Returns 2020 | AMC

Pages:1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 561

dorian_j
In such a horror mood

g

August4th

ehhh.. don't think a cameo from white is necessary .. hank would make more sense
Jim Halpert
i love my dog so much

this will be badass
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

‘Better Call Saul’ Might Be A Sequel Too, But Don't Call It 'Breaking Bad 2.0'

If you’re still mourning the loss of “Breaking Bad,” cheer up because Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould are gearing up to bring you back to the ABQ through the Saul Goodman spin-off “Better Call Saul.” While the show was originally announced as a prequel it appears that some discussions have been had about possibly being a bit more fluid with the show’s timeline, which certainly meshes with reports that doors will be left open for Walter White and Jesse Pinkman to cameo.

In an interview with IGN, Bob Odenkirk revealed that he’s spoken about finding out “what happens to Saul” post-Walter White with his bosses, saying “I know they’ve talked about [a] prequel, but they’ve also talked to me about [a] sequel, and they’ve also talked to me about a mix of prequel and sequel.” So, everything is much more up in the air about the time period of the spin-off than previously thought but one thing is still very much clear to all involved: they can’t repeat themselves.

As Odenkirk told Screenrant, “We’re gonna make it fresh. It’s not gonna be ‘Breaking Bad 2.0’ or whatever. It’s a different show and it’s gonna have a different energy and we’re not gonna try to just extend ‘Breaking Bad.’ That can’t be done.” It’s going to be tough trying to escape that long shadow but we hope Gilligan and company can succeed if only so we can have more Odenkirk in our lives every week.

Source
Funky Kong

‘Better Call Saul’ Might Be A Sequel Too, But Don't Call It 'Breaking Bad 2.0'

If you’re still mourning the loss of “Breaking Bad,” cheer up because Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould are gearing up to bring you back to the ABQ through the Saul Goodman spin-off “Better Call Saul.” While the show was originally announced as a prequel it appears that some discussions have been had about possibly being a bit more fluid with the show’s timeline, which certainly meshes with reports that doors will be left open for Walter White and Jesse Pinkman to cameo.

In an interview with IGN, Bob Odenkirk revealed that he’s spoken about finding out “what happens to Saul” post-Walter White with his bosses, saying “I know they’ve talked about [a] prequel, but they’ve also talked to me about [a] sequel, and they’ve also talked to me about a mix of prequel and sequel.” So, everything is much more up in the air about the time period of the spin-off than previously thought but one thing is still very much clear to all involved: they can’t repeat themselves.

As Odenkirk told Screenrant, “We’re gonna make it fresh. It’s not gonna be ‘Breaking Bad 2.0’ or whatever. It’s a different show and it’s gonna have a different energy and we’re not gonna try to just extend ‘Breaking Bad.’ That can’t be done.” It’s going to be tough trying to escape that long shadow but we hope Gilligan and company can succeed if only so we can have more Odenkirk in our lives every week.

Source

Holy ****
JayBrook

I do wanna see how Saul's life turned out after the events of Breaking Bad.

it would be cool to watch him go from managing a cinnabun to slowely getting back into his old sleezy lawyer ways
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Vince Gilligan Says Mike Could Show Up In 'Better Call Saul'

Chatting with EW, Gilligan tossed out another character who could enter the orbit of Saul Goodman's adventures with the law, and it's a man who was up to his elbows in criminal undertakings. "The character that springs to mind [to pop up] would be Mike [Ehrmantraut, played by Jonathan Banks]. That would be a great deal of fun. I would say the sky’s the limit, at least theoretically speaking," Gilligan said. "Realistically speaking, we’ve got a whole lot of actors, and the world is now well-aware of their wonderful talents and abilities, and therefore 'Breaking Bad' has probably made it tougher for [writer/producer] Peter [Gould] and I to get some of these folks pinned down for another TV show. They’re off making big movies and doing Broadway plays and whatnot, and that’s exactly the way it should be. That is a high-class problem that we will have to contend with as we go forward with 'Better Call Saul,' if we do indeed want to touch base with some of these characters… 'Better Call Saul' could be 'The Love Boat' of its generation, where instead of Milton Berle showing up in a sailor’s cap, hopefully it could be Aaron Paul, also in a sailor’s cap. [Laughs]"

Of course, the question is how these characters could be re-introduced in the show, and Gilligan suggests we could see the storyline jump around in time. "We think, by and large, this show will be a prequel, but the wonderful thing about the fractured chronology we employed on 'Breaking Bad' for many years is the audience will not be thrown by us jumping around in time. So it’s possible that we may indeed do that, and we’ll see the past and perhaps the future," he explained. "Nothing is written in stone yet, we’re still figuring it out..."

However, Gilligan will have folks intimately familiar with the world of "Breaking Bad" on the staff if he wants to go that route. Variety recently reported "Breaking Bad" writers Thomas Schnauz and Gennifer Hutchison have come on aboard "Better Call Saul," with Gilligan clearly ensuring he has right recipe for success around him once again.

Source
Spaghetti Papi
This post is brought to you by Team Bahrain-Merida

INN
brainmelt

ehhh.. don't think a cameo from white is necessary .. hank would make more sense

I agree with this, if the last line of the last episode matched with the first time Saul and White meet tho, that'd be p cool, considering it's a prequel, "Mr. White is here..." cut to black.

but honestly it doesn't need it, could be too kitschy.
August4th

I really hope we see some of these connections saul mentions throughout breaking bad... mainly his connection with gus
KingDandy

I agree with this, if the last line of the last episode matched with the first time Saul and White meet tho, that'd be p cool, considering it's a prequel, "Mr. White is here..." cut to black.

but honestly it doesn't need it, could be too kitschy.

It's not necessary but it's fun for the fans haha
brainmelt

It's not necessary but it's fun for the fans haha

I think it'd be cool, I don't wanna see White, but to have him mentioned would be straight
Kloser.1

I need this in my life.
Banter
Run UP

I'm down for a spin-off.
Ava Yeezy
Heavy Seas of Love

Really want.
Also needs fan back up.
Spin offs tend not to go far without the proper viewers.
ASH BLAST
Shonen Gang

Wait, so this is suppose to air in 2014????

Pages:1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 561

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook