Kanye To The: Kanye West

'Better Call Saul' | Returns 2020 | AMC

Pages:1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 561

August4th

I think this will have a similar mix of humor and drama that seasons 1 and 2 of BB had... BB had great comedic moments before it got so dark... so I can see this having that quality.. just more of it

CommonSense

Bill Burr on Better Call Saul or I'm not interested.

I hope he talks about this on his Monday Morning podcast.

Could you link me to this? Love Bill Burr, one of my favorites. Also love Odenkirk and I am one of the few people in my group of Breaking Bad watchers that thinks this could be good...so many possibilities  :allears:
2kidssss

I approve.
Skepta

still don't know how i feel about this
AKILSection Mod

Vince Gilligan Talks Breaking Bad Spin-off, Better Call Saul

"There's obviously a danger inherent in doing a spinoff. But I just love the character of Saul Goodman [Bob Odenkirk] so much, and part of me doesn't want to say no to this world,.”

Originally conceived as a half-hour sitcom, Gilligan and Goodman creator Peter Gould decided to go back to the one-hour drama format.

“We're both one-hour drama guys. So we figured, 'Why not shoot Saul in the same way?' Let's shoot it in Albuquerque, let's get as much of the crew back together as possible, and let's do it the way we did it before so that it will be of a piece with that pre-existing fictional universe that we had so much fun creating."

And what can we expect from the series? The trade says, "While they're still working through plot, they anticipate the series being set in an office with a much lighter tone than that of its predecessor. If Bad was 75 percent dramatic and 25 percent comedic, Saul will be the opposite. The challenge has been finding the dramatic tension in their lead character."

With the series being set before the events of "Breaking Bad," many fans have wondered which actors might show up as their characters before we first saw them, and Gilligan says it's in the cards. "Personally, I'd have a hard time resisting putting all these guys in for a cameo or two every now and then."

Plans are still coming together for the series, but AMC has a tentative premiere set for sometime between August and October of 2014

Source
SashaBolts

The one-hour length seems unfitting for a Saul show.. Idk if he has enough baggage to pull through.
I just need confirmation that Huell's back and all my worries shall fade away.
tilweoverdose
Deleted

I love Vince and think BB is the greatest show of all time, but I gotta say im less than hyped for this.  Theres no need for it.  As much as I, and everyone else wanted the story to continue on BB, I feel its over.  Its done with.  The story ended.  I dont see any point in a Saul spinoff. 

it would be like if Matt Weiner came up with a Peggy spinoff for Mad men.  I just dont see the point.  MM will have a clear end point as well.  it always has. 
kudo
OJ Simpson of PWT

patiently waiting
Cole World
Spend Fiddies, Pet Kitties, Suck Tiddies

Judge something before you watch it :oblivious:
mattandr3ws

Will Watch - the thing that has me most excited is that they don't have to do this, no one is making them. Vince just really loves the character and the people he worked with on BB and wants to be a part of that world again. He really is quite brilliant and I'm sure he'll find a way to make this work.
ecabney
Lets touch GOD this time, boys

A lot of ya'll must have never seen Rockford Files or Terriers if you're doubting the prospects of a Saul spinoff. This **** has the potential to be a lot of fun if done right, brehs.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

A lot of ya'll must have never seen Rockford Files or Terriers if you're doubting the prospects of a Saul spinoff. This **** has the potential a lot of fun if done right, brehs.

Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about. :salute:
Jody Highroller
don't worry I make enough to get u killed

"Originally conceived as a half-hour sitcom, Gilligan and Goodman creator Peter Gould decided to go back to the one-hour drama format."

Out
Primate

I have faith in Vince and his team. They wouldn't tarnish their legacy by making a ****ty cashgrab show like that. I am pretty sure they have a story to tell and plans to flesh out Saul more. If they didn't, they wouldn't do the show.

I'm not gonna compare it with BB either. That show is in its own lane and did its own thing.

People who are already jumping the gun are being plain stupid.
v i b e s
w a v e s

People who are already jumping the gun are being plain stupid.
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

classic :hah:
El Señor
# # # # #

hyped
Stealth

A lot of ya'll must have never seen Rockford Files or Terriers if you're doubting the prospects of a Saul spinoff. This **** has the potential to be a lot of fun if done right, brehs.

Egawdney has spoken. This sounds dope tho I love Saul

Pages:1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 561

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook