Do the Celtics have the most PMFs?

Yes
51 (65.4%)
Yes
27 (34.6%)
Total Members Voted: 76
GOODROC
tight ends

Celtics brothers, i proposed a trade to Raymond on twitter. gonna post it in here and explain myself

Celtics get: Kendrick Perkins, Perry Jones III
Thunder get: Brandon Bass, Jason Terry

Celtics draft: Gorgui Dieng
Thunder draft: Kelly Olynyk (TOR pick), Ricardo Ledo (OKC pick)

this trade would only happen if Garnett and Pierce express interest in returning to Boston

why Thunder do it:
-Kendrick Perkins just isn't playing like Kendrick Perkins with the Thunder. i think he had more fouls in this Grizzlies series than points and blocks combined or something. he just doesn't fit with this high tempo roster. the Thunder can do two things:

Amnesty him: if the Thunder amnesty him, they're still sitting around the salary cap limit and can only use the full MLE to bring in a big to replace him

Trade him: if the Thunder trade him, they can bring in assets that make the same amount of money he does. problem is, nobody would want Perkins on that salary except for maybe the Celtics

-since PJIII is just a project, the Thunder can afford to trade him if it means exchanging Perk for assets, and i think the Thunder should use their own draft pick to draft a similar project in Ricardo Ledo. he's a lottery talent that declared for the draft but was ineligible to play at Providence last year. awesome talent but has to prove himself since he hasn't played college ball

-no matter what happens with the Thunder next season, they need their projects (PJIII and Lamb to have larger roles) if this trade happened, Lamb would probably be the sixth man which could leave Terry as the fifth guard (along with Westbrook, Lamb, Jackson and Sef). Terry's minutes would depend on injuries, fouls and match ups. Terry's veteran presence and championship experience could also be a big help

-Brandon Bass would fit perfectly with the Thunder. i've never seen an offense so reliant on 2 players (KD and Westbrook). Bass would bring in an offensive minded big man that could really help OKC, he can play defense against big men but he can also play defense against small forwards. he was brilliant against Carmelo Anthony in the Celtics v Knicks series. he can start or come off of the bench and is reliable both offensively and defensively

why the Celtics will do it:

-Kendrick Perkins could help re-establish the identity of the Celtics. they're defensive minded and so is Perkins. he is looked upon as an anchor. Perk is a fan favorite in Boston (i will forever love and support him). acquiring Perk could move Garnett to power forward which is a more sustainable position for an older player as opposed to center

-Perry Jones III is a lottery talent who has been held back by injuries. the Celtics can give him minutes this season at both the three and four to help develop him this season but he will be most valuable the season after this season when KG and Pierce retire. then he becomes a big part of our future and either starts at the four (next to Green at the three) or is Green's backup

-Jason Terry underperformed all season and may benefit from a change of scenery. if the Celtics get rid of him, they can use the MLE or mini-MLE to bring in another player

-Brandon Bass's stock rose during the playoffs but since we have KG and Sully, it is more valuable for us to exchange him for a center

Draft:

Thunder draft Kelly Olynyk (TOR pick): they need to diversify their offense and can do so by adding a low post scorer in Olynyk

Thunder draft Ricardo Ledo (OKC pick): Ledo is a project like PJIII is but if he reaches his potential, he's a lottery talent that can score, which is what OKC needs

with Olynyk, Terry, Ledo and Bass, the Thunder add FOUR scorers who can help diversify the points spread on this Thunder roster that relies too much on KD/Westbrook/Ibaka. the Heat have a big three similar to the Thunder (two superstars and a borderline-elite big man. however, the Heat have the rest of the roster made up of scorers and defenders to prove why the Heat are so good. the Thunder don't have this, unless they make this trade

Celtics draft Gorgui Dieng: the Cs get an NBA-ready big man whose game complements Jared Sullinger's very well. Dieng has the defensive mindset, blocks shots, can rebound and can score, but he's mostly a defensive center which would play well alongside Sully

Celtics
Perkins / Dieng / Melo
Garnett / Sullinger / Randolph
Green / Pierce
Bradley / Lee / Crawford
Rondo / Williams

plus the Celtics could use the MLE

Thunder
Ibaka / Thabeet
Bass / Collison
Durant / Ledo
Sefolosha / Lamb / Terry
Westbrook / Jackson

plus i'm pretty sure the Thunder could use the MLE

GOODROC
tight ends

i was really drunk writing that. i hope it conveyed the message i was hoping to send and hope it makes sense
GoldenGenesis

i was really drunk writing that. i hope it conveyed the message i was hoping to send and hope it makes sense
didn't Perk say he wouldn't return to celtics?
Ye34
#TMT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1642906-a-rehabilitating-greg-oden-looks-unbelievable-according-to-one-draft-prospect

:allears: I hope we can get him
hyphy03
C6 soon

:hah:

that laker fan yelling Kevin still gets me
Devan

GOODROC
tight ends

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1642906-a-rehabilitating-greg-oden-looks-unbelievable-according-to-one-draft-prospect

:allears: I hope we can get him

me too. would be a perfect fit with our core

didn't Perk say he wouldn't return to celtics?

i don't think so

Perk and Rondo had thanksgiving dinner with each other this year and he loved Boston. i think if he hits free agency, we're obviously his top choice

he's most valuable to us too
Ye34
#TMT

that laker fan yelling Kevin still gets me

lmao. That dude was annoying the **** out of me when I was watching the game. Also that chick in the San An GSW game that wouldn't stop screaming
GOODROC
tight ends

The One link=topic=440897.msg21963601#msg21963601 date=1368825​842
lmao. That dude was annoying the **** out of me when I was watching the game. Also that chick in the San An GSW game that wouldn't stop screaming

i wanted her to die
GOODROC
tight ends

Celtics met with Nerlens Noel who is without a doubt a top 2 pick in the draft

Ainge might do something crazy
BigShottie59
Sophisticated Ignorance, Write my Curses in Cursive

Danny won't do anything big like that, nor would a rebuilding team take half our aging players.
GOODROC
tight ends

Danny won't do anything big like that, nor would a rebuilding team take half our aging players.

we have three old players.. Pierce, KG and Terry

it's looking like Pierce is out and KG could retire
Paul Revere
Steph Curry Enthusiast

:wom:
Fernandez
#OVOSOUND #ViewsFromThe6

Add me to the crew guys!
Ye34
#TMT

:datass:

https://twitter.com/si_nba/statuses/337634034437996545
Radtoda
#WTF

apparently pietrus is interested in returning to the celts, what do you guys think he would be as an offseason pick up
Paul Revere
Steph Curry Enthusiast

apparently pietrus is interested in returning to the celts, what do you guys think he would be as an offseason pick up
he sux now
specter
(a ghost)

He's a free agent this summer he's not hard to get.
:notsureif:

Pages:1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 2194

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook