De'Aaron Fox
Malik Monk
Dennis Smith Jr.
Jonathan Isaac
Trade Down
Adaptation
Beethoven of the Block

Ugh so true

Tbh I don't really care who the GM is. I just don't want Hinkie's "work" to be undone. Build with what he was doing. Don't blow it up and start something else.

JayS.
I can't remember to forget

Like well give Harrison Barnes a max

Prolly trade some young players for some garbage role players

Draft some euro with our pick smfh

JayS.

Tbh I don't really care who the GM is. I just don't want Hinkie's "work" to be undone. Build with what he was doing. Don't blow it up and start something else.
That's what's gunna happen though and that's the problem

Brett brown finna get fired.

Colangelo gunna trade players away

Colangelo gunna bring garbage in

We gunna end up blowing up what we got and we'll end up middle of the pack like we were before Hinkie was here

Colangelo hiring his son only reinforces that they do not give a **** no more
Big Horf Jimminy
Philadelphia Seventy-Centers

just happy to see that most of philly media seems to be upset what harris and colangelo did.
JayS.

Just read most of Hinkies letter

Dude is a genius lmao. Idk why he is doing basketball
Big Horf Jimminy

Just read most of Hinkies letter

Dude is a genius lmao. Idk why he is doing basketball
A little like chip and struggled to understand personal qualities required in handling the game but that could've easily been fixed because he's a little less stubborn than Chip. Jerry Colangelo was to come in to help improve the team's reps with execs and agents he didn't need to try in bring somebody else to do what he was brought in to do. I feel like he's just an old head who hates analytics.
JayS.

A little like chip and struggled to understand personal qualities required in handling the game but that could've easily been fixed because he's a little less stubborn than Chip. Jerry Colangelo was to come in to help improve the team's reps with execs and agents he didn't need to try in bring somebody else to do what he was brought in to do. I feel like he's just an old head who hates analytics.
Yeah man

Like pretty obvious Hinkie has been mulling this for a while. Probably since the moment Colangelo was brought in.

But the Sixers must have known he was resigning cause we literally hired Bryan a hour after, wtf
JayS.

Josh Harris gunna flip this team real soon too
Big Horf Jimminy

So Colangelo is the one who is suspected of leaking his resignation letter
JayS.

So Colangelo is the one who is suspected of leaking his resignation letter
Lol not surprised

That's why the media loves him. He'll give em a story. I mean he's only been a GM for 4 decades and has won as many NBA ships as everyone on KTT combined
Big Horf Jimminy

Lol not surprised

That's why the media loves him. He'll give em a story. I mean he's only been a GM for 4 decades and has won as many NBA ships as everyone on KTT combined
I'm really frustrated with it. Three years of tanking and hoarding assets to just give it up to schmucks who are known for building mediocre teams. Worst part is that national media figures are praising these guys. HInkie may have had a Chip Kelly complex with his awful people skills (he isn't nearly as stubborn as Chip though) but I think everyone can at least appreciate his willingness to think outside of the box and not settle for mediocrity. There is nothing worse than being the mid-2000's Sixers. At least these past few teams there have likeable aspects and hope. Unless you have one of the upper echelon scouting departments in the league building a championship team with mid-first round picks is near impossible. And these two guys haven't shown they can do that, and if they do, it's cancelled out by an equally bad trade/signing.
JayS.

I'm really frustrated with it. Three years of tanking and hoarding assets to just give it up to schmucks who are known for building mediocre teams. Worst part is that national media figures are praising these guys. HInkie may have had a Chip Kelly complex with his awful people skills (he isn't nearly as stubborn as Chip though) but I think everyone can at least appreciate his willingness to think outside of the box and not settle for mediocrity. There is nothing worse than being the mid-2000's Sixers. At least these past few teams there have likeable aspects and hope. Unless you have one of the upper echelon scouting departments in the league building a championship team with mid-first round picks is near impossible. And these two guys haven't shown they can do that, and if they do, it's cancelled out by an equally bad trade/signing.
Yeah Hinkie is pretty much the Chip Kelly of basketball. And both were pitted before they could really take the next step with their plan.

But we are certainly ****ed. Do not trust this dad and son show. This ain't some ****ing mom and pop corner store. These 2 jabronis have accomplished exactly nothing in their careers and they're running the show with all these assets Hinkie got.
Big Horf Jimminy

Yeah Hinkie is pretty much the Chip Kelly of basketball. And both were pitted before they could really take the next step with their plan.

But we are certainly ****ed. Do not trust this dad and son show. This ain't some ****ing mom and pop corner store. These 2 jabronis have accomplished exactly nothing in their careers and they're running the show with all these assets Hinkie got.
Hinkie was certainly a lot more flexible than Chip in that he let Colangelo come in. Only a spineless fool would willingly accept taking a backseat to JC's son so resigning isn't really a symptom of arrogance. He didn't understand the human aspect enough though which Chip lacks also. One of the bigs knew they'd be traded so it already created a sense of unease even though it was great insurance if Embiid failed. And honestly, if Hinkie realized that the team needed an actual PG like Ish before the season then we aren't in this position. If Ish is here all year then the team most certainly doesn't start like 0-20 and the entire team's confidence isn't shot so early into the season. The team would end up with a better record than last year most likely and this "losing culture" wouldn't exist because they improved. The losing culture didn't exist last year or the year before because the players knew what was going on, but they had better expectations this year.
Don Julio.🌹Section Mod
"We Gon Let Em Go Sleep On It"

Hinkie was certainly a lot more flexible than Chip in that he let Colangelo come in. Only a spineless fool would willingly accept taking a backseat to JC's son so resigning isn't really a symptom of arrogance. He didn't understand the human aspect enough though which Chip lacks also. One of the bigs knew they'd be traded so it already created a sense of unease even though it was great insurance if Embiid failed. And honestly, if Hinkie realized that the team needed an actual PG like Ish before the season then we aren't in this position. If Ish is here all year then the team most certainly doesn't start like 0-20 and the entire team's confidence isn't shot so early into the season. The team would end up with a better record than last year most likely and this "losing culture" wouldn't exist because they improved. The losing culture didn't exist last year or the year before because the players knew what was going on, but they had better expectations this year.
"#****LAKERSFAM"? :bronwhat:
Big Horf Jimminy

"#****LAKERSFAM"? :bronwhat:
We were having a tank war by the time I made the thread. Idrc anymore I've given up on this team for the most part.
JayS.

Lol Hinkie certainly didn't let JC come in. That was forced on him for sure. Likely by the NBA and the owners.

Dude made his mistakes but he's literally a genius. He's young so hopefully he gets a second chance.

At this point just gotta be happy he left us with so many picks. Just need to how the colangelos don't completely bomb this. I mean you'd have to be a moron to do so I think.
Big Horf Jimminy

Lol Hinkie certainly didn't let JC come in. That was forced on him for sure. Likely by the NBA and the owners.

Dude made his mistakes but he's literally a genius. He's young so hopefully he gets a second chance.

At this point just gotta be happy he left us with so many picks. Just need to how the colangelos don't completely bomb this. I mean you'd have to be a moron to do so I think.
he def worked around JC though. but he'll probs go back to the Rockets. Not sure if he'll get another chance elsewhere
JayS.

You'd think with 4 decades of GMing you woulda just lucked into a Ship :floyd:

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 195

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook