Kanye To The: Kanye West

Boxing Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs. Sergey Kovalev

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 4256

will stackman go to the strip club this weekend?

Yes
19 (86.4%)
No
3 (13.6%)
Total Members Voted: 22
EARLDOOM
"ive never paid taxes in my life"

Lucky you

I sat there and watch that boring ass fight lol

i enjoyed it a lot :sarc2:

heat27

cant wait for the rematch
heat27

M.A.

Good thread b
heat27

Good thread b

heat27

heat27

Andre Ward Would Consider Facing Bernard Hopkins

NEW YORK — Andre Ward was very respectful of Bernard Hopkins following Hopkins’ historic victory Saturday night at Barclays Center.

The undefeated WBA/WBC super middleweight champion made it perfectly clear that, though, that he is open to fighting Hopkins, who is adamantly against the possibility.

“If that’s a fight that’s in demand,” Ward said, “and something that could set up both our families for a long time, then I think that’s something both of us would consider.”

The 48-year-old Hopkins (53-6-2, 32 KOs, 2 NC) said after defeating Tavoris Cloud (24-1, 19 KOs) for the IBF light heavyweight title that he would not fight Ward for any amount of money because he considers himself a mentor and a friend to Ward.

The Philadelphia native also said he could make 168 pounds for the right fight. A bout with Ward would be the most lucrative option for the former middleweight champion, however, and Ward would consider moving up to 175 pounds for a shot at Hopkins’ light heavyweight championship.

“That would be a great pay-per-view event and it would do a good number,” said Ward, who called the Hopkins-Cloud fight for HBO. “I think it would be a big event, but all parties have to be in and it has to make sense all the way around.”

The 29-year-old Ward wants to keep his options open as he recovers from shoulder surgery because there aren’t many attractive alternatives for him if the 2004 Olympic gold medalist remains at 168 pounds. Ward (26-0, 14 KOs) also has dismantled WBC light heavyweight title-holder Chad Dawson (31-2, 17 KOs, 2 NC), who decisively defeated Hopkins in their rematch nearly April 28 in Atlantic City, but Hopkins’ victory over Cloud has made him a more viable foe for Ward.

If Hopkins cannot be lured into fighting him, Ward understands he is in a predicament, despite his status as one of the three top pound-for-pound boxers in the world.

“I’m at a stage right now where I can’t allow myself to be penalized for beating the top guys in the 168-pound division,” Ward said. “I keep hearing people say there’s nobody to fight. That’s my team’s job, to find somebody for me to fight. I shouldn’t have to go up to [175 pounds] to get a viable opponent. Now if that’s the case, so be it. But right now, I’m a super middleweight.”

Ward wants to become a pay-per-view headliner, but he won’t be able to make that transition without an established opponent.

“There’s some up-and-coming guys, but again, I’ve got to do myself right,” Ward said. “What I mean is, I’m trying to go to the next level. We fought [on] premium-network television. We’ve done that.

“The next level is pay-per-view, trying to look for the right dancing partner. There’s not a lot of those out there, but in the meantime we need to take the right fights, not just a fight because it’s a good fight from a financial standpoint and from a career standpoint.”

Ward will continue rehabilitating his right shoulder the next several months. He’ll probably hold an open workout the week of the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Robert Guerrero welterweight title fight May 4 in Las Vegas, to show how his shoulder has improved since surgery was performed Jan. 4.

“I’m feeling good, but releasing press releases and talking about it is one thing,” Ward said. “Showing you guys is something else. That’s tentatively what we’re planning to do. I think right around that time we’ll start to seriously think about a month, an opponent and a venue.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63289#ixzz2NThtnvYl
surgical.
I drink and I know things.

My body is ready.
heat27

andre ward responds to floyd

"Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!! I Won't Sell My Soul For Money, Fans, PPV Buys, or Whatever Else. I'm Not Selling Out!! God Has Been Too Good To Me!! I'm not an athlete who happens to be a Christian, but a Christian who happens to be an athlete!! One day boxing will end. No more fans, no more big checks, no more tv. People will be cheering someone else on. Then...who are you??!! I love boxing y'all...but there is more to my life than lacing up boxing gloves. It's a small part of my life. If a fighter leaves with their facilities in tact, finances in tact, integrity in tact. You can call that a successful career in my book. I'm not just trying to just get or take something from the game...but give something to the game & leave a legacy. I'm real with young fighters. Everybody's not flying private or making millions. Get all you can get, save your money!! Don't keep up!!"

this all started when ward saiid he is a fan of floyd but he has to back guerrero cause they are good friends. floyd heard this and went off on ward  for no damn good reason. lol

so i guess they are beefing now haha
heat27

Bradley vs. Provodnikov

great fight
EARLDOOM

Bradley vs. Provodnikov

great fight

was that tonight?

dont tell me the result if it was. ill download it
EARLDOOM

:fck:

just seen the title of op
M.A.

:hah:

watch it anyway. it was a dramatic fight
heat27

lmao my bad

the fight was great, check it out
heat27

heat27

HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

HBO has passed on broadcasting Adrien Broner’s next fight and the premium-cable channel’s boxing boss indicated Monday that the network won’t work with Golden Boy Promotions, Broner’s promoter, for the foreseeable future.

The announcement marked the crumbling of a once-powerful alliance between HBO Sports and Golden Boy Promotions, a relationship that was weakened when Showtime hired former Golden Boy attorney Stephen Espinoza to run its sports division in November 2011. Showtime now televises Golden Boy Promotions cards almost exclusively, but Broner and Bernard Hopkins were the only high-profile Golden Boy fighters whose fights were still broadcast by HBO.

Ken Hershman, president of HBO Sports, said in a statement: “In order to achieve our goal of the best fighters, in the most compelling matchups, we’ve decided to focus our efforts and resources on those strategic relationships where we better share common goals in business philosophy.”

In other words, HBO intends to work with promoters other than Golden Boy Promotions moving forward, most notably Golden Boy’s promotional nemesis, Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc.

HBO’s announcement comes less than a month after Floyd Mayweather Jr., HBO’s flagship fighter, signed a six-fight, 30-month deal with Showtime. Mayweather works closely with Golden Boy Promotions, although the company technically is not the promoter of record for boxing’s pound-for-pound king.

Broner (26-0, 22 KOs) is expected to move up two weight classes to challenge WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi (32-4, 7 KOs) in his next bout, possibly June 22 in Malignaggi’s native Brooklyn, N.Y. Malignaggi is employed by Showtime as a color commentator, but HBO’s decision to pass on the Broner-Malignaggi fight ultimately had more to do with the network’s concern over eventually losing Broner to Showtime no matter whom Broner fights next.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-hbo-being-played-by-schaefer-haymon--6349
M.A.

hmmm.. interesting

got both channels anyway doe :slick:
heat27

Adrien Broner Needs to Avoid Negative Press Going Forward

http://www.fighthubtv.com/boxing/broner-strip-club/

i know he wants to be just like floyd but this is starting to get ridiculous smh

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 4256

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook