Kanye To The: Kanye West

HBO's WATCHMEN | Sunday’s @ 9pm

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 64

ThichQuangDuck

I understand the pull behind it, even if I didn't bother to articulate it in a 2 sentence reply. I'm a huge Alan Moore fan and studied his **** at degree level... MY G.

But from a narrative prospective, it makes much more sense to have the enemy be somebody we know (and also very much not representative of humanity), in Dr. Manhattan, because introducing a world beating antagonist PAGES before a conclusion just isn't good writing.

Now I take my hate off to Alan Moore for constantly trying to write outside of pre-defined literary stereotypes cemented in the minds of the masses by the dominance of Hollywood, and Watchmen is perhaps his greatest mainstream example of that. But the fact remains that the most important part of the plot, that confirms the work's place outside of the typical Hollywood spectrum, were the mass casualties, NOT the specific body responsible. Veidt even discusses this himself. 

So the inclusion of the Spaghetti Monster is needless, as its only purpose is to 1) embody something "alien", 2) be the entity responsible for the tragedy. These two things are absolutely "hand-overable" to Dr. Manhattan.

Dr. MANHATTAN. He's even a better embodiment of the metaphor YOU'VE just pointed out.

You might disagree, but I honestly think the source of contention is only that of purist attitudes that believe work they really enjoy can't be changed/improved in anyway. And I'm not the biggest fan of Zach Synder, particularly as a writer.

However, visually (and sonically) he's great and since, as I said earlier, it's pretty much a panel for panel re-shoot, his style was perfect for Watchmen.

Now whether or not there's a version of Watchmen with a Spaghetti Monster that COULD work better than Synder's is up for contention. I always thought that if Moore had gotten Dave Gibbons to work in the coming of Spaghetti Monster through slight but recurring clues, it would have made the comic that extra bit more dope. For example, somehow working the clues into the Doomsday clock that is drawn intermittently throughout the comic.

TL;DR: Spaghetti Monster is 100% redundant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. Manhattan is fundamentally American weapon that is the problem. Thus if he were to attack everyone would blame america and attack us. If that was the ending I would be fine with it,but all nations uniting when in reality it was our weapon it is non sensical and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of ending, reality, american foreign policy,but hey it is snyder. He did the same **** with Man of steel

ThichQuangDuck

My real reaction to this news
MAGNETO
THE DRIVE FOR FIVE. #DE5TINY #ELIMVP

I understand the pull behind it, even if I didn't bother to articulate it in a 2 sentence reply. I'm a huge Alan Moore fan and studied his **** at degree level... MY G.

But from a narrative prospective, it makes much more sense to have the enemy be somebody we know (and also very much not representative of humanity), in Dr. Manhattan, because introducing a world beating antagonist PAGES before a conclusion just isn't good writing.

Now I take my hate off to Alan Moore for constantly trying to write outside of pre-defined literary stereotypes cemented in the minds of the masses by the dominance of Hollywood, and Watchmen is perhaps his greatest mainstream example of that. But the fact remains that the most important part of the plot, that confirms the work's place outside of the typical Hollywood spectrum, were the mass casualties, NOT the specific body responsible. Veidt even discusses this himself. 

So the inclusion of the Spaghetti Monster is needless, as its only purpose is to 1) embody something "alien", 2) be the entity responsible for the tragedy. These two things are absolutely "hand-overable" to Dr. Manhattan.

Dr. MANHATTAN. He's even a better embodiment of the metaphor YOU'VE just pointed out.

You might disagree, but I honestly think the source of contention is only that of purist attitudes that believe work they really enjoy can't be changed/improved in anyway. And I'm not the biggest fan of Zach Synder, particularly as a writer.

However, visually (and sonically) he's great and since, as I said earlier, it's pretty much a panel for panel re-shoot, his style was perfect for Watchmen.

Now whether or not there's a version of Watchmen with a Spaghetti Monster that COULD work better than Synder's is up for contention. I always thought that if Moore had gotten Dave Gibbons to work in the coming of Spaghetti Monster through slight but recurring clues, it would have made the comic that extra bit more dope. For example, somehow working the clues into the Doomsday clock that is drawn intermittently throughout the comic.

TL;DR: Spaghetti Monster is 100% redundant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great post :golfclap:
KillCole
Powdered. Toast. MAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Dr. Manhattan is fundamentally American weapon that is the problem. Thus if he were to attack everyone would blame america and attack us. If that was the ending I would be fine with it,but all nations uniting when in reality it was our weapon it is non sensical and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of ending, reality, american foreign policy,but hey it is snyder. He did the same **** with Man of steel

But he attacks American soil. Distinguishing him from being an "American Weapon." Let's imagine the humanity within the Watchmen world are as intelligent and rational as those existing in our reality.

In Synder's version, all logic points to Dr. Manhattan being to blame. Remember Dr. Manhattan and the sciences he manipulates are altogether too complex for humanity to have understood. Ya man exists across the spectrum of time simultaneously, allowing him/it/whatthe****ever to pull from a bank of knowledge as huge as time itself. Every human for the next 'X' years (where X is far beyond the amount of years we could consider a '**** load') would have to believe it was Manhattan (obviously outside of the characters that confronted Veidt). It would take years for somebody to prove otherwise.

Therefore, Synder's ending can only really be pulled apart YEARS after the events of Watchmen, which makes issues with it irrelevant since as far as we know, the Watchmen story that Moore captures finishes there.
ThichQuangDuck

But he attacks American soil. Distinguishing him from being an "American Weapon." Let's imagine the humanity within the Watchmen world are as intelligent and rational as those existing in our reality.

In Synder's version, all logic points to Dr. Manhattan being to blame. Remember Dr. Manhattan and the sciences he manipulates are alltogether to complex for hummanity to have understood. Ya man exists across the spectrum of time simultaneously, allowing him/it/whatthe****ever to pull from a bank of knowledge as huge as time itself. Every human for the next 'X' years (where X is far beyond the amount of years we could consider a '**** load') would have to believe it was Manhattan (obviously outside of the characters that confronted Veidt). It would take years for somebody to prove otherwise.

Therefore, Synder's ending can only really be pulled apart YEARS after the events of Watchmen, which makes issues with it irrelevant since as far as we know, the Watchmen story that Moore captures finishes there.

I just don't give it to him. If an American citizen were to attack other nations and America and was a creation of America then America would get blamed :kanyeshrug:

:mm:

" cool visuals and punching hard" was never the point of watchmen to me
Fuller

INNNNNNNNNNNN
KillCole

I just don't give it to him. If an American citizen were to attack other nations and America and was a creation of America then America would get blamed :kanyeshrug:

:mm:

" cool visuals and punching hard" was never the point of watchmen to me

There's nothing "punching hard" about it and the "cool visuals" in Watchmen should set an example for comic book based films full stop. They're a graphic medium and if more films were presented as well and as (mostly) true to the great source material as Watchmen they'd be better for it.

The issues I see from Watchmen nay-sayers often fall under two brackets. People that haven't read it, that went to see expecting a comic book-ish, action heavy movie that left disappointed because it was too slow, or readers and fans of the original text that are disappointed in the ONE change to it.

I don't regularly see these problems cross-over. Which makes me think you must just be super salty about Synder. I know Sucker Punch and MoS's 40 minute Metropolis shreck-off sucked, but let it go.

And America WEREN'T blamed, because the attack was on their soil. Ergo, whether Dr. Manhattan attacked somebody else is irrelevant because he didn't. He didn't even attack America.
ThichQuangDuck

There's nothing "punching hard" about it and the "cool visuals" in Watchmen should set an example for comic book based films full stop. They're a graphic medium and if more films were presented as well and as (mostly) true to the great source material as Watchmen they'd be better for it.

The issues I see from Watchmen nay-sayers often fall under two brackets. People that haven't read it, that went to see expecting a comic book-ish, action heavy movie that left disappointed because it was too slow, or readers and fans of the original text that are disappointed in the ONE change to it.

I don't regularly see these problems cross-over. Which makes me think you must just be super salty about Synder. I know Sucker Punch and MoS's 40 minute Metropolis shreck-off sucked, but let it go.

And America WERN'T blamed, because the attack was on their soil. Ergo, whether Dr. Manhattan attacked somebody else is irrelevant because he didn't. He didn't even attack America.

Overall it was close. I would have actually preferred not frame for frame. a reinterpretation that delivered themes and key moments
KillCole

Overall it was close. I would have actually preferred not frame for frame. a reinterpretation that delivered themes and key moments

That's 100% fair. I'll give you that
Vergil
Egg Roll Sushi Roll Face Ass Bitch

What would be the point :floyd:
Durag Jesus

Zac Snyder? ****  :floyd:

Bigg Oppai
Subete wa, watashitachi no megami o kangei shimasu.

Big Zack blessing us with another classic
YEEZUS ⚡️

Bigg Oppai link=topic=3891089.msg​260059418#msg​260059418 date=1445015211
Big Zack blessing us with another classic
:drakelaff2:
Bigg Oppai

YEEZUS- link=topic=3891089.msg​260060346#msg​260060346 date=1445015446
:drakelaff2:

Go jack off a captain america movie or something
YEEZUS ⚡️

Bigg Oppai link=topic=3891089.msg​260060762#msg​260060762 date=1445015600
Go jack off a captain america movie or something
after you get snyder **** out your mouth
Mr. Yeezy
Old Man Nelly > Future and Drake combined

We dont need this

Movie is great
PT. 💎
bob igers son

>Big
>5'6

Bigg Oppai

YEEZUS- link=topic=3891089.msg​260061090#msg​260061090 date=1445015688
after you get snyder **** out your mouth

Nope

I'll be anticipating this and bvs because I know he'll deliver :mm:

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 64

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook