Gal you beautiful, beautiful woman

this would be so dope
Disney exec Clyde
I don't feel so good...

It's gonna be ****.
ThichQuangDuck

Duck is back
ThichQuangDuck

This is going to be utter ****. He already ****ed up movie now he is just going to **** himself to make a tv show after saying he just did movie to avoid terry gilliams of the world. Zack snyder is a fake ass ****boy :work:
L.O.V.E
'If you do not have the heart of a lion, then do not travel on the path of love'

ugh
YEEZUS ⚡️

This is going to be utter ****. He already ****ed up movie now he is just going to **** himself to make a tv show after saying he just did movie to avoid terry gilliams of the world. Zack snyder is a fake ass ****boy :work:
:rejoice:
Mr. Yeezy
Old Man Nelly > Future and Drake combined

**** hack snyder
sam.

PREACH
KillCole
Powdered. Toast. MAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Don't gas me for nothing. I'ma hold this against OP
KillCole

Synder ****ed up the movie? It's shot panel to panel until the ending (which makes more sense, than Alan Moores spaghetti monster).

You lost G.
MAGNETO
THE DRIVE FOR FIVE. #DE5TINY #ELIMVP

Please :ohno:
ThichQuangDuck

Synder ****ed up the movie? It's shot panel to panel until the ending (which makes more sense, than Alan Moores spaghetti monster).

You lost G.

The ending doesn't make more sense. In fact his ending change ruins the very purpose of the ****ing book. Read a book G. The "sphagetti monster" is inherently alien. Now to recap aliens, cults, robots, zombies are all inherently not human. Humans form what class? Nationalism. Nationalism was most prevalent and continues to be after which war? World War 2. How did WW2 end? ATOMIC BOMB which was formed during the ? Manhattan Projects. Now again class to refresh if one of the atomic bombs the US owned were in any way to blow up affecting another nation and their own would it lead to peace magically? NO.

The reason it was  a squid in the book is because it draws no resemblance to humanity it is a monster they can all hate rather than their own depravity COUGH 09/11 END COUGH
ThichQuangDuck

DUCK NEVER LEFT NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGA :slick:

This Chicago Nigga
KillCole

The ending doesn't make more sense. In fact his ending change ruins the very purpose of the ****ing book. Read a book G. The "sphagetti monster" is inherently alien. Now to recap aliens, cults, robots, zombies are all inherently not human. Humans form what class? Nationalism. Nationalism was most prevalent and continues to be after which war? World War 2. How did WW2 end? ATOMIC BOMB which was formed during the ? Manhattan Projects. Now again class to refresh if one of the atomic bombs the US owned were in any way to blow up affecting another nation and their own would it lead to peace magically? NO.

The reason it was  a squid in the book is because it draws no resemblance to humanity it is a monster they can all hate rather than their own depravity COUGH 09/11 END COUGH

I understand the pull behind it, even if I didn't bother to articulate it in a 2 sentence reply. I'm a huge Alan Moore fan and studied his **** at degree level... MY G.

But from a narrative prospective, it makes much more sense to have the enemy be somebody we know (and also very much not representative of humanity), in Dr. Manhattan, because introducing a world beating antagonist PAGES before a conclusion just isn't good writing.

Now I take my hate off to Alan Moore for constantly trying to write outside of pre-defined literary stereotypes cemented in the minds of the masses by the dominance of Hollywood, and Watchmen is perhaps his greatest mainstream example of that. But the fact remains that the most important part of the plot, that confirms the work's place outside of the typical Hollywood spectrum, were the mass casualties, NOT the specific body responsible. Veidt even discusses this himself. 

So the inclusion of the Spaghetti Monster is needless, as its only purpose is to 1) embody something "alien", 2) be the entity responsible for the tragedy. These two things are absolutely "hand-overable" to Dr. Manhattan.

Dr. MANHATTAN. He's even a better embodiment of the metaphor YOU'VE just pointed out.

You might disagree, but I honestly think the source of contention is only that of purist attitudes that believe work they really enjoy can't be changed/improved in anyway. And I'm not the biggest fan of Zach Synder, particularly as a writer.

However, visually (and sonically) he's great and since, as I said earlier, it's pretty much a panel for panel re-shoot, his style was perfect for Watchmen.

Now whether or not there's a version of Watchmen with a Spaghetti Monster that COULD work better than Synder's is up for contention. I always thought that if Moore had gotten Dave Gibbons to work in the coming of Spaghetti Monster through slight but recurring clues, it would have made the comic that extra bit more dope. For example, somehow working the clues into the Doomsday clock that is drawn intermittently throughout the comic.

TL;DR: Spaghetti Monster is 100% redundant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 64

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook