Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6

do you still think Drake "Started From the Bottom?"

No.
28 (41.8%)
Yes.
39 (58.2%)
Total Members Voted: 67
Womp

:aliveclap: More people should read this, too many misconceptions out there.

one little quarrel though, he hasn't attended any hood schools, vaughn road is far from one :lol:

OvO2011
Deleted

he wasn't hood everyone knows that :kanyeshrug: he was lower middle class wow insane
Xclusive

Well by that logic no one in America knows "the bottom" because people in third world countries have it way worse than anyone who gets food stamps.

damn. ethered
djoats

thank you for making this thread
ATI

That's what Drake fans think the bottom looks like.
OvO2011
Deleted

That's what Drake fans think the bottom looks like.
i gotta agree he didnt start from being homeless he just was an average person
GODthousand

Drake >
Derrick Rose
#BeatTheHeat

:golfclap:
Gio1764

Dont you people realize that a great portion of Hip-Hop listeners come from Middle Class upbringing,living in a nice home(not a mansion or big home),and maybe had a nice things growing,yet were still barely making it.I relate to that,i dont come from a homeless shelter,but i do know financial struggle and house issues,and thats what Drake raps about,respect it,or get the f*** on real talk
Jeffler
Selfish / Selfless / Yourself

:aliveclap: More people should read this, too many misconceptions out there.

one little quarrel though, he hasn't attended any hood schools, vaughn road is far from one :lol:

Vaughan Road can absolutely be hood. Moreso for it's surrounding area than the actual school itself, but compared to most schools in Toronto I'd call it a hood school
obkuti

the issue wasnt really his origin, it was the fact that he was on degrassi and is pretty connected the music business but still claims to struggle, be tough and catch bodies
Vietbrah🙏Section Mod
https://twitter.com/vietbrah

the issue wasnt really his origin, it was the fact that he was on degrassi and is pretty connected the music business but still claims to struggle, be tough and catch bodies

Nobody wants to go. Even when you talk to some of these guys... Like, I always avoid trouble. At the same time, anybody could be ready for trouble. Know that. Just because you play a character in music or in videos or whatever, a lot of those guys arenít even ready for half the trouble that comes their way, real ****.

You just start playing a role and everybody perceives you as that, but the people I grew up with are with me at all times. Ask my security guard, I donít think heís ever really worked. I mean, looking around and **** and rocking a couple fans, but I never put him to work. I donít ever want to. Why? You know? But, Iím ready. Is that real?

Youíre ready?

Iím ready for whatever. I donít give a ****. I want to move through life in the most non-confrontational way possible, but Iím not a ****. Donít ever get that mixed up. Everyone comes up to me, ďI love your music,Ē even the hardest dudes, real street dudes.

Dude, you should come to Bed-Stuy where I live. Come to my barbershop. All my barbers are ****ing ex-cons. Theyíre good people, they just got caught up in some **** and are trying to turn their life around and ****, but ask them if they **** with Drake, and theyíll tell you, ďYes.Ē

Iím the guy that will go there. Iíll go. I donít walk in fear man, because I donít portray an image. If somebody wants to bring a problem to me, itís strictly based off of their immense amount of hate for me.

Itís never because Iíve sparked that using my voice, my image, or my outlet. I never use my outlet for confrontation or negativity, ever. I always just try and give people music to ride to and music to enjoy. All I ever ask in return is that itís mutual love. Thatís it.

On some songs, even on ďHeadlines,Ē people perceive you to be talking tough when you talk about ďcatch a body like that?Ē How do you feel when people say, ďCome on, dog. You ainít going to catch no ****ing body.Ē

We always put forth a unity in this city. I know every street rapper out hereóreal street rappers by the way, because thereís some bull****-ass people out here thatíll try and go at me and take their little shots and ****óbut I know everybody thatís official. Itís all love.

My thing is, the way I utilized it was in the first verse when I say, ďYouíre going to make someone around me catch a body like that,Ē thatís something you can ask them about. Like I said, Iím ready at all times, for anything. I understand how unpredictable this **** is.

When I say Iím going to catch a body, my whole verse was centered around rap. It was about killing off rappers. Because, Iím not going to like... Thatís not me. But even in the ďHeadlinesĒ video people were like, ďAw man, Drakeís got some hired goons.Ē Those are people I grew up with.

All of them?

All of those people.

Someone told me, and correct me if Iím wrong, but some of the dudes are from Malvern and Galloway, and those neighborhoods were warring.

That video, to us, is like... Thereís a lot of people lost in that situation, and through having mutual friends in both of those hoods, we were all able to come together, shoot that video, and immortalize that moment. Thereís no more of that **** really. Itís all good man.

Weíre just trying to push this movement, push this city further. That was a different time. Everyone was a little bit younger, **** was a bit more wild, but I donít brag about my hood stories. Just like you said, everybodyís like get the **** out of here with that ****, but Iíve done a lot for the streets out here.
Womp

Vaughan Road can absolutely be hood. Moreso for it's surrounding area than the actual school itself, but compared to most schools in Toronto I'd call it a hood school

You're a **** then :seanshrug:
Cash

Sooo much power in one post
Jeffler
Selfish / Selfless / Yourself

You're a **** then :seanshrug:

Maybe but what are we using as a hood school if VR isn't?
DominantDaddy
everyting lock arff

power itt
Z__
Deleted

Womp

Maybe but what are we using as a hood school if VR isn't?

You don't have to compare it to anything. It's just not a hood school at all.

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook