Kanye To The: Kanye West

Last Movie You Watched

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 5179

Bad Boy
suck a bag of dicks!

Inception-10/10...Saw it for the second time today and I still love it. The world that Nolan has created is extremely well structured and consistently plays within its own rules. Can't say that for most sci-fi oriented films.
what? okay will you tell me please this rule... how the hell do you just simply enter someone's dreams?
not everything works fine in that movie... jeez it's so overrated and when someone says that, the other people scream YOU DIDN'T GET IT!!! what's there to get? it's very simple... but the point is... nothing nolan created isn't futuristic or creative or special... i didn't say Inception sucks, but it's nothing special really... and for sure it ain't a smart movie

mmonty86
Fake Oscar Odds! https://reelvoice.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/fictitious-oscar-odds-handicapping-the-2016-academy-awards/

what? okay will you tell me please this rule... how the hell do you just simply enter someone's dreams?
not everything works fine in that movie... jeez it's so overrated and when someone says that, the other people scream YOU DIDN'T GET IT!!! what's there to get? it's very simple... but the point is... nothing nolan created isn't futuristic or creative or special... i didn't say Inception sucks, but it's nothing special really... and for sure it ain't a smart movie

Were you looking for an explanation as to how they enter the dream state? Were you also looking as to how 'humans' even created those silly blue things in Avatar? Here's the bigger question: does it even matter? It doesn't. I think the problem you seem to be getting caught up on is that the film doesn't work on a real world level, but the film doesn't operate in the real world level. Instead it operates in it's own world on screen, one where people can invade dreams and the subconscious. It's a fact of the film's reality you just have to accept, just as much as you accept the fact that Superman flies or that a house can fly when thousands of balloons are attached to it.

As for the structure of the film, Nolan sets up the rules of the dream world and he follows them vehemently. No deus ex machina, no random loop holes, and no leaps in logic that contradict the dream's laws. Such laws revolve around kicks, perception of time, and the general assembly of a dream. Everything works the way he establishes it to. Of course this doesn't mean there aren't minor issues.

In regards to the futuristic comment, does it have to be futuristic? This notion escapes me. And I'd be hard pressed to find a movie more creative than this in both a visual format and its narrative structure. Namely the film's use of time.

But of course I say this all with the idea that it's your opinion.  :)
Kenny Powers

Rashomon - 10/10  :sarc2:
LoveBelow

Traffic - 8/10
Anon

Dinner For Schmucks

6/10
Bad Boy
suck a bag of dicks!

Were you looking for an explanation as to how they enter the dream state? Were you also looking as to how 'humans' even created those silly blue things in Avatar? Here's the bigger question: does it even matter? It doesn't. I think the problem you seem to be getting caught up on is that the film doesn't work on a real world level, but the film doesn't operate in the real world level. Instead it operates in it's own world on screen, one where people can invade dreams and the subconscious. It's a fact of the film's reality you just have to accept, just as much as you accept the fact that Superman flies or that a house can fly when thousands of balloons are attached to it.

As for the structure of the film, Nolan sets up the rules of the dream world and he follows them vehemently. No deus ex machina, no random loop holes, and no leaps in logic that contradict the dream's laws. Such laws revolve around kicks, perception of time, and the general assembly of a dream. Everything works the way he establishes it to. Of course this doesn't mean there aren't minor issues.

In regards to the futuristic comment, does have to be futuristic? This notion escapes me. And I'd be hard pressed to find a movie more creative than this in both a visual format and its narrative structure. Namely the film's use of time.

But of course I say this all with the idea that it's your opinion.  :)
sure, opinions are opinions... in my opinion "a movie more creative than this in both a visual format and its narrative structure" is hmmm: 1) donnie darko (narrative), 2) the matrix (both), 3) fight club (both), 4) any kubrick or lynch movie (hell yeah both), 5) blade runner (visually) and on and on and on...
i don't think inception brings anything out of the ordinary... it's just that inception is like T2 or Avatar, created to bring mass appeal, creating illusions that everything is special when it's not... correct me if im wrong but the plot is next: one rich guy wants to overshadow some other rich guy (who is dying) so that he can control world economy... to do that he hires a thief to construct a dream in which he makes "in a more sophisticated way" (sorry there's nothing sophisticated in hey dude, we're in a dream... let's go!) dying dude's son to disassemble his father's company when the ol' grandpa dies... subplot: leo's character needs to do this so he can return home... this part is fine, i get that... very emotional and a good story with his wife... but it's nothing special... it just happens to be in a dream, wait no... in a dream in a dream in a dream in maybe another dream... WOOOOW... or is it? so, this movie was 2,5 hours long... everything happening was simply put same ol' action we see in every other summer blockbuster... let's be real, directing was fabulous, art was fantastic, acting was fine, production was perfect...ooh yeah music was amazing... everything was just pefect.... except the story... script lacked originality, details, character development, quality! it's not one of the best movies ever... no freaking way... it was fun, action packed and that's it
mmonty86
Fake Oscar Odds! https://reelvoice.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/fictitious-oscar-odds-handicapping-the-2016-academy-awards/

Let's agree to disagree. I'd rather not get in a debate about it since we're on both ends of the spectrum, and we're both pretty set in our mindsets. Although I do cringe when anyone says it's the best film of all time...You can say it's your favorite, but let's give it a few years before we start making statements like those.
Bad Boy
suck a bag of dicks!

Let's agree to disagree. I'd rather not get in a debate about it since we're on both ends of the spectrum, and we're both pretty set in our mindsets. Although I do cringe when anyone says it's the best film of all time...You can say it's your favorite, but let's give it a few years before we start making statements like those.
sure and exactly... time will tell
bbc

Semi-Pro 2/10(((Some Laughs but just terrible
Cop-Out 6/10(((( Kinda like semipro but more of a story to work with

im about to watch 2012 anyone see it?
The81Slouch
TEAM JEDI

Metropolis 10/10 *perfect score*
Dark City 5/10
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 4/10
The Expendables 6/10

Remember, the criteria that i use to rate movies like prince of persia and dark city are different from the criteria i use for The Expendables.

When you watch a movie like The Expendables you're not looking for smart dialogues, plot or something like that. You just want creative killings, stupid but cool stuff, and lots of explosions.
Mr kite!

Rope - 8.5/10
Donnie Darko
Do you believe in time travel?

Taken 8/10

4th time watching this, still one of the biggest surprises of 2008. Probably because they didnt promote it at all.
K N E E S

Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy - 10/10

great in depth documentary about the entire franchise...any fan of Freddy or horror should definitely watch this!
Wilkes

Looking For Eric, 7/10
micoolSection Mod

Metropolis 10/10 *perfect score*
Dark City 5/10
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 4/10
The Expendables 6/10

Remember, the criteria that i use to rate movies like prince of persia and dark city are different from the criteria i use for The Expendables.

When you watch a movie like The Expendables you're not looking for smart dialogues, plot or something like that. You just want creative killings, stupid but cool stuff, and lots of explosions.

I use the same

that's why I gave a higher rating to Iron Man 2 than Thin Red Line :work:
Porter

La Haine 7.5
Common
huácala

Runaway

10/10

Premiere in London was crazy...
Mishima

Chungking express - 10/10

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 5179