the wrestler - 8/10
the artist - 8/10
shadows - 8/10
blue velvet - 8/10
too late blues - 7/10
enter the void - 4/10
if i stay - 3/10

Womp

Noe is just OK.. i was a fan of his films back in the day and thought they were provoking etc.. now if i can sit through one that factor is taken out and their just kinda average.. Enter The Void was a perfect example of why an "editor" is needed imo.. Personally he's a cool dude..

it was about an hour and a half too long

took me literally 20.5 hours to download that movie on this poverty university internet only to have me wanting to quit the movie early

interesting coincidence that pretty much right before i watch it people are talking about it & glad to see i'm not the only one here who didn't enjoy it

the cool cinematography (which got old after about the halfway point, but nonetheless was great while it lasted) and uniqueness of the film were the only reasons i gave it a 4/10. had it been more conventional (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just in this case it would have been), i'd have given it closer to a 2.
sam.

The Drop | 6/10

Man, I really wanted to like this movie but it just didn't really do anything for me. It's gotten good reviews and people seem to be enjoying it quite a bit but it was too slow & melodramatic for me and I kept waiting for it to really pick up the pace and blow me away and it never did.

Maybe I missed something but this movie was really underwhelming in my opinion :dno:
tesfayee

8.2/10

So happy with that ending!
ashton traitor

The Signal, was meh. end was a  :psyboom:
soufwans

American Psycho

8 - 8.5

bale the god

dabz

Bernie

8/10

There Will Be Blood

9/10

sdot

Hostel

8.5/10
bboyRobert
Gorilla See, Gorilla Do

Yugioh bonds beyond time

I'm still a huge yugioh nerd idgaf
MCRIDE

Irreversible
Gaspar No

The way this is structured is just so dope.  The infamous scene and another very graphic scene precede the character's in a happy and ignorant state.  You see in their conversations, and actions, the foreshadowing of what will happen.  You then are put in the position of having been battered by the first 45 or so minutes and then have to digest and analyse it, looking at what they could have done differently, how they shouldn't have to do anything differently.  The events that are to follow, hang over the rest of the film.  It really conveys the truth that we only manage to be happy and live our lives because we don't know what's coming. 

Aside from the structure, there's so much quality in this film.  Each section is done mostly in very long takes that are filmed with some amazing camera work.  The cinematography, shift in tone and shift in performances of the two portions further convey the disaster that occurs and just adds to how the structure makes you deliberate what in some other films would be the end act.

Such a big fan of this film.

totally agree
nutella

totally agree

:h5:
Electrotherapy
Don't Tread On Me

I still say it's the 3 strikes rule

PDL - bombed
Reign over me - bombed
Funny people - bombed

even tho Spanglish did well I don't see him doing dark dramas anytime soon

PDL and Funny People are really good though... Havent seen Reign over me
Lordie
I would rather have known Castro in the hills than in the palace

PDL and Funny People are really good though... Havent seen Reign over me

I'm not saying they're bad
I'm saying they performed badly at the box office
Lake.
Hi.

McCabe and Mrs. Miller: A+

WHEW.
larry hov

WHEW.
Lordie
I would rather have known Castro in the hills than in the palace

WHEW.

I heard this was one of Harmony Korine's top 5 favorite films.
ecabney
Lets touch GOD this time, boys

Blood Simple: Essential
gonja

Blood Simple: Essential

real

Pages:1 ... 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 ... 5179

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook