Kanye To The: Kanye West

Last Movie You Watched

Pages:1 ... 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 ... 5179

nutella

its discustin trash masquerading as art ,the whole thing is jus nuttin but gimmick after gimmick, overdose on strobe lights and orange hue's,swiveling shaky cams and the whole story told in reverse chronological order, wavy stuff brahhh . noe is nuttin but a two bit provocateur hack

I don't really think the reverse chronological order is a gimmick.  I think it shifts the film from being one, had it been told in natural order, of grotesque provocation to one that is thought provoking. 

nutella

Film highkey needed more scenes with him and Dano.

Dano was good but the film was undoubtedly about Daniel Plainview who I think is a far more interesting character than Eli.  He's contradictory in the way he introduces himself constantly as a family man and in reality loves his son very much.  Despite that, he ran away from his real family, only to be overly eager to accept the a fraudster as his half brother into a position of power within his company.  Then, when his son says he wants to make a name for himself he instantly disowns him.

He's driven by power and success and is so jaded to the world he struggles to see worth in many people at all.  Or so he says and sometimes acts.  Sometimes his goodness trickles out but ultimately he's a wicked man.  He's such a great character because of all this and you wonder what happened before you meet him that made him that way.
larry hov

I don't really think the reverse chronological order is a gimmick.  I think it shifts the film from being one, had it been told in natural order, of grotesque provocation to one that is thought provoking

lel not knockin u but there is only shock value here , its brutal for the sake of being brutal thats kinda noe's whole act (provocation !!!) , trying to add a layer of meaning to this is like wondering wots the purpose of those sideshow acts where they display freaks
Lordie
I would rather have known Castro in the hills than in the palace

Dano was good but the film was undoubtedly about Daniel Plainview who I think is a far more interesting character than Eli.  He's contradictory in the way he introduces himself constantly as a family man and in reality loves his son very much.  Despite that, he ran away from his real family, only to be overly eager to accept the a fraudster as his half brother into a position of power within his company.  Then, when his son says he wants to make a name for himself he instantly disowns him.

He's driven by power and success and is so jaded to the world he struggles to see worth in many people at all.  Or so he says and sometimes acts.  Sometimes his goodness trickles out but ultimately he's a wicked man.  He's such a great character because of all this and you wonder what happened before you meet him that made him that way.

Amazing write up
Would love to know what happened to Plainview before the movie
Have you seen this, tho?

DeLaPhoenix
https://soundcloud.com/delaphoenix

It's just a really enjoyable film from start to finish. It's got a great John Carpenter-esque 80s feel to it with a sort of a mix between a dark comedy, a horror and a thriller. Dan Stevens gives such an epic performance in it too. And the soundtrack is dope as ****. All in all just a really good film. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a film so much tbh
Have you seen Cold in July, most of that description is applicable to that film.
AdiosMotherfucker
I guess I get what I deserve, don't I?

Have you seen Cold in July, most of that description is applicable to that film.

Actually have been meaning to watch it for ages! Looks like a great film.
DeLaPhoenix

AdiosMother****er link=topic=37.msg124960​625#msg124960​625 date=1411941018
Actually have been meaning to watch it for ages! Looks like a great film.
First half is amazing, 2nd half is dividing.
AdiosMotherfucker
I guess I get what I deserve, don't I?

First half is amazing, 2nd half is dividing.

Intredasting. Gonna have to check it out the next time I get the chance. I'm looking forward to seeing Michael C. Hall in something again too
DeLaPhoenix

Intredasting. Gonna have to check it out the next time I get the chance. I'm looking forward to seeing Michael C. Hall in something again too
You'll get what I mean once you see it.
Electrotherapy
Don't Tread On Me

so many people watching there will be blood lately

nutella

lel not knockin u but there is only shock value here , its brutal for the sake of being brutal thats kinda noe's whole act (provocation !!!) , trying to add a layer of meaning to this is like wondering wots the purpose of those sideshow acts where they display freaks

Of course, it's just opinions.  It's not like it introduces the great questions of the universe but I liked the way the intimacy and joy shown as a couple before the party with Cassel holding her down, even covering her mouth at one point and her pulling his hand away mirrored some of the same actions in polar opposite circumstances.  In that way it makes you think about how little difference there can be between something being joyous or traumatising.  All it takes is a different will from someone. 

I don't doubt Noe was trying to shock but I think there's a little bit more to it than just shock value :kanyeshrug:
nutella

Only Lovers Left Alive
Jim Jarmusch

I enjoyed this very much.  The Jarmusch vampire has a nice twist to it and both Hiddleston and Swinton play their parts really well.  Equal parts cynical, jaded, nostalgic about the past and witty about their immortality.  The soundtrack is great as well.  The whole film feels almost dream-like with the characters in and out of drug like haze.
nutella

Have you seen this, tho?

Pretty cool.  Need to rewatch PDL.  Haven't seen since it came out.
Lordie

In theaters?
Vahn

PDL one of the GOAT American films.
nutella

In theaters?

Nah, whenever the DVD came out

PDL one of the GOAT American films.

Your favourite PTA?
Lordie

oh :hah:
Vahn