A

Marion, Matthias, and Vernon. All so beautiful :cryfam:

Slept on movie.
fudge
I hate everything

nutella link=topic=37.msg124818​625#msg124818​625 date=1411913364
Irreversible
Gaspar No

The way this is structured is just so dope.  The infamous scene and another very graphic scene precede the character's in a happy and ignorant state.  You see in their conversations, and actions, the foreshadowing of what will happen.  You then are put in the position of having been battered by the first 45 or so minutes and then have to digest and analyse it, looking at what they could have done differently, how they shouldn't have to do anything differently.  The events that are to follow, hang over the rest of the film.  It really conveys the truth that we only manage to be happy and live our lives because we don't know what's coming. 

Aside from the structure, there's so much quality in this film.  Each section is done mostly in very long takes that are filmed with some amazing camera work.  The cinematography, shift in tone and shift in performances of the two portions further convey the disaster that occurs and just adds to how the structure makes you deliberate what in some other films would be the end act.

Such a big fan of this film.
Noe's best
Lordie
I would rather have known Castro in the hills than in the palace

Noe's best

But Enter the Void was "life-changingly" good
Lordie

nutella link=topic=37.msg124818​625#msg124818​625 date=1411913364
Irreversible
Gaspar No

The way this is structured is just so dope.  The infamous scene and another very graphic scene precede the character's in a happy and ignorant state.  You see in their conversations, and actions, the foreshadowing of what will happen.  You then are put in the position of having been battered by the first 45 or so minutes and then have to digest and analyse it, looking at what they could have done differently, how they shouldn't have to do anything differently.  The events that are to follow, hang over the rest of the film.  It really conveys the truth that we only manage to be happy and live our lives because we don't know what's coming. 

Aside from the structure, there's so much quality in this film.  Each section is done mostly in very long takes that are filmed with some amazing camera work.  The cinematography, shift in tone and shift in performances of the two portions further convey the disaster that occurs and just adds to how the structure makes you deliberate what in some other films would be the end act.

Such a big fan of this film.

Having no rating is interesting
fudge
I hate everything

But Enter the Void was "life-changingly" good
Not sure if twod reference but enter the void is probably my least favorite of his
Mobs and Gods

GOAT/10
larry hov

the noe love on this page is making me queasy :huulhdup:
Vahn

sdot

Operation: Endgame

8.5/10
Rage.
"Don't make me rob you. I'll do it" -Joanne The Scammer

The Equalizer 8/10

Movie was dope. The build was slow, but it was nice and made sense. There were parts were the fights were amazing and there were parts where I wished there were more hand on hand fighting. The acting from Chloe and Denzel were great. If you haven't watched it yet, go see it!
Lordie

GOAT/10

Theatrical or Redux?
Mobs and Gods

Theatrical or Redux?

Theatrical, second watch. Have yet to see the Redux
Lordie

Theatrical, second watch. Have yet to see the Redux

Real
Did you know that Coppola originally wanted Orson Welles to play Kurtz?
nutella

You didn't think Irreversible was good? I can't comment on his other films.
Bebopshii

?

Pages:1 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 ... 5179

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook