Kanye To The: Kanye West

Claire Denis' 'High Life' (Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche) | A24

Pages:1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

beflygelt
'i don't give a fick' - Yasiin

it's amazing I haven't seen a film where Binoche is speaking strictly French so far.
then you definitely haven't seen enough Leos Carax, Kieslowski or Haneke yet and got a lot to look forward to :hhh: she's one of the goats highkey

RASIE

it's amazing I haven't seen a film where Binoche is speaking strictly French so far.

Certified Copy
Hail Mary (even tho she only has a tiny part)
Summer Hours
Three Colors: Blue
Mauvais Sang
Code Unknown
Let the Sunshine In
cache

:ffpu: :ffpu: :ffpu:
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

Certified Copy
Hail Mary (even tho she only has a tiny part)
Summer Hours
Three Colors: Blue
Mauvais Sang
Code Unknown
Let the Sunshine In
cache

:ffpu: :ffpu: :ffpu:

I've had Mauvais Sang on my watchlist for the longest def gonna start with that one

:rejoice: thanks for the list, rasie!
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

then you definitely haven't seen enough Leos Carax, Kieslowski or Haneke yet and got a lot to look forward to :hhh: she's one of the goats highkey

🔜

watching Denis' Nenette et Boni now!
beflygelt

🔜

watching Denis' Nenette et Boni now!
:rejoice: if you dig that US Go Home is like a b-side to Nenette's a-side, smaller production but with the same French leads + Gallo, very beautiful little coming-of-age kinda thing with a rly tight 60s soundtrack
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

:rejoice: if you dig that US Go Home is like a b-side to Nenette's a-side, smaller production but with the same French leads + Gallo, very beautiful little coming-of-age kinda thing with a rly tight 60s soundtrack

dope! 🔥 already copped S'en fout la mort so I'll get that next

the soundtrack on Nenette :banderas:
beflygelt

dope! 🔥 already copped S'en fout la mort so I'll get that next

the soundtrack on Nenette :banderas:
That's one of the few I still need to see. Once you're into Denis' style you'll probably love most her work tbh :allears:

And yeah Nenette is the first with Tindersticks music, she got 8 collabs with them overall so lots more where that came from :banderas: also that pizza dough scene is peak cinema :hhh: or that scene with Boni waking up next to the coffee machine as if next to a lover :hah: one of her funniest ones for sure
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

That's one of the few I still need to see. Once you're into Denis' style you'll probably love most her work tbh :allears:

And yeah Nenette is the first with Tindersticks music, she got 8 collabs with them overall so lots more where that came from :banderas: also that pizza dough scene is peak cinema :hhh: or that scene with Boni waking up next to the coffee machine as if next to a lover :hah: one of her funniest ones for sure

that scene with the pizza dough was wild :dash: 😆 made me mad uncomfortable lol

there's this deep apparent realistic nature or feeling in both Denis films I've seen and I bet it's spread throughout her other works. I really love that about her films, she nailed it by bringing a baby on board a spaceship with this one too. Even though it is an odd thing to do she meticulously built a believable story around it all.

beflygelt

bump bump bump
beflygelt

https://www.lecinemaclub.com/

KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF a film by CLAIRE DENIS. 1991, USA, 40 min. With Sara Driver, Vincent Gallo and Sophie Simon. A long-unseen New York story from a contemporary master, with a French woman in a foreign city, a stolen car and an unexpected romance.

Le Cinťma Club returns with Claire Denisí only film made in America, the brilliant, long-thought-lost 1991 Keep It for Yourself. The story centers on the chance encounters, confusions and adventures of Sophie, a young Frenchwoman stranded in downtown New York after her loverís disappearing act.

Originally commissioned as one third of an omnibus feature showcasing the Figaro, a Japan-only retro throwback car, the film was a surprising challenge for Denis as she came off her sophomore feature, 1990ís No Fear, No Die. The only constraint given to her was to include the car in some way. Denis responded with a clever screenplay that still feels modern, and that gives this out-of-place looking car a role both central and discreet. Her voice is unmistakable throughout; the film is full of her signature sensuality and love of local downtown characters, and is a beautifully balanced love story.

edit: uploaded it to youtube :^)
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

https://www.lecinemaclub.com/

KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF a film by CLAIRE DENIS. 1991, USA, 40 min. With Sara Driver, Vincent Gallo and Sophie Simon. A long-unseen New York story from a contemporary master, with a French woman in a foreign city, a stolen car and an unexpected romance.

Le Cinťma Club returns with Claire Denisí only film made in America, the brilliant, long-thought-lost 1991 Keep It for Yourself. The story centers on the chance encounters, confusions and adventures of Sophie, a young Frenchwoman stranded in downtown New York after her loverís disappearing act.

Originally commissioned as one third of an omnibus feature showcasing the Figaro, a Japan-only retro throwback car, the film was a surprising challenge for Denis as she came off her sophomore feature, 1990ís No Fear, No Die. The only constraint given to her was to include the car in some way. Denis responded with a clever screenplay that still feels modern, and that gives this out-of-place looking car a role both central and discreet. Her voice is unmistakable throughout; the film is full of her signature sensuality and love of local downtown characters, and is a beautifully balanced love story.

edit: uploaded it to youtube :^)

WOW! Thank you so much, befly. Also enjoyed reading your review of this :happyhug:

I'd def like to get back into Denis now I found this, I see this is another unconventional character subject as in No Fear with the roosters, haha I trust she'll deliver again <3 Denis in America. Hmm that should be interesting, love when these European directors branch out to English speaking countries, most recently watched Blow Up too, was great seeing Antonioni tackle the setting of unfamiliar territory, curious to see how Claire Denis goes about that here

Much love for uploading! Btw if you find Chocolat somewhere pls hmu too :3
martucacomayuca

just seen this :dash: :khaled: :oh:
accurate description! Just seen this, and I realized I need to watch more of her work.. the underlaying themes, colours, costume design (Sunday Service vibes with those red ones, anyone?). I was really tense throughout the whole thing.
Humble 💔

This was a trip, itís on amazon prime as of right now if anyone hasnít seen it yet
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

so Denis and RPatts aiming to form a sorta chemistry she had with Gallo or what :oh:

their next film bout to be nuts, I really can't wait
beflygelt

so Denis and RPatts aiming to form a sorta chemistry she had with Gallo or what :oh:

their next film bout to be nuts, I really can't wait
man I hope that next project gets realized :leo: Rob and Claire both seem to be genuinely big fans of each other and really enjoying working together so chances are pretty good I guess :allears:
Soup. 💙
my Uncle Hugh

man I hope that next project gets realized :leo: Rob and Claire both seem to be genuinely big fans of each other and really enjoying working together so chances are pretty good I guess :allears:
really dig the roles RPatts has been getting for future releases :allears:

got Buffalo '66 can't wait to see that soon! Finally got to watch Trouble Every Day, the most interesting between them and adding Beatrice to the cast just brings in the extra edge needed for that script.
I'm definitely committed to completing her filmog! 00's films look like they have some great moments
Kiss Me

Amazing
escmb🎚

Amazing

Pages:1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook