Claire Denis' 'High Life' (Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche) | A24

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14

TheCC

^ THAT FIRST PAGE LOVE, THOUGH

whew

We're eating

dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Patricia Arquette And Mia Goth Join Robert Pattinson In Claire Denis' Sci-Fi 'High Life,' Plot Details Revealed

In case you missed it, here's why we're already excited by Claire Denis' English language debut, "High Life": it's a science fiction movie; with a script from Denis, acclaimed novelist Zadie Smith, and Nick Laird; and it already has Robert Pattinson slated to star. And now two more names are coming aboard.

Oscar winner Patricia Arquette and "Nymphomaniac" star Mia Goth have joined the movie, and now we have an inkling of the plot. According to Screen Daily and Deadline, the story will revolve around a group of skilled criminals who trade in facing jail time and capital punishment for agreeing to participate in a likely fatal government space mission where they will be tasked to find alternate energy sources, and will be part of human reproduction experiments. Holy bonkers. I can't wait to see what Denis and co. do with that premise.

Production on "High Life" begins in early 2016, and I'd wager a Cannes bow in 2017 is probably likely. It'll be a long wait....
Towjay Straub
outta my way falafel

koreeeeeeeeeeeda

oh gee
HamingtonSection Mod
Sir, have you ever heard of our lord and savior, Carly Rae Jepsen?

Human reproduction experiments? :damn:
Mr. Yeezy
Old Man Nelly > Future and Drake combined

i need moby **** in space
Jody Highroller
don't worry I make enough to get u killed

I forgot about dis for a minute :oh2:
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

New Plot Details Emerge For Claire Denis' Sci-Fi 'High Life' With Robert Pattinson

As Claire Denis' sci-fi "High Life" has been coming together over the fall, details about the director's most ambitious effort yet have come in fits and starts. We know that Robert Pattinson, Patricia Arquette, and Mia Goth will star in the movie penned by Denis, acclaimed novelist Zadie Smith, and Nick Laird, about a group of skilled criminals who trade in facing jail time and capital punishment for agreeing to participate in a likely fatal government space mission, where they will be tasked with finding alternate energy sources, and will be part of human reproduction experiments. Like I said, it's ambitious, and now even more has been revealed about the project which sounds pretty damn great.

Screen Daily has the latest intel, and the plot is even more layered, and we'll just let it speak for itself. Here you go:

The film follows the character of Monte a few years after the missionís launch as he raises his daughter, Willow, in complete isolation on the empty spacecraft as it heads towards its final destination, a black hole.

He fathered Willow against his will after his sperm was used to inseminate another convict in space as part of the experiment. In the process of raising her, however, he comes to experience real love for the first time in his life.

Meanwhile, the talent on the film expands will beyond the director, writers, and cast. Cinematographer Agnes Godard is lensing, Tindersticks frontman Stuart Staples is providing the music and sound design, Leos Carax's editor Nelly Quettier is on board, and so too is physicist, black hole expert, and the film's scientific advisor Aurelien Barrau.

Production on "High Life" begins this summer, so we probably won't be seeing this until 2017. But it already sounds like it will be worth the wait.
s
brainmelt

woa
Mishima

"I had a screenplay which was naturally in English, because the story takes place in space and, I donít know why, but for me, people speak English ó or Russian or Chinese ó but definitely not French in space. While I was writing the script, I had a face in mind: actor Philip Seymour Hoffman. No one has ever made me feel such a sense of humanity in them. It was something tangible. I felt I could almost touch it," she said. "And then he died, of a massive overdose of various drugs. He was found at home alone with a syringe in his arm."
Rahh
bumaye

This sounds so good
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

"I had a screenplay which was naturally in English, because the story takes place in space and, I donít know why, but for me, people speak English ó or Russian or Chinese ó but definitely not French in space. While I was writing the script, I had a face in mind: actor Philip Seymour Hoffman. No one has ever made me feel such a sense of humanity in them. It was something tangible. I felt I could almost touch it," she said. "And then he died, of a massive overdose of various drugs. He was found at home alone with a syringe in his arm."

Jesus :ffpu: :jordancry:
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

Starts shooting next month :popcorn:
Aaron
Playboi Carti Fan Club

This sounds hard :oh:
PUSHER tea

I forgot about dis for a minute :oh2:
dorian_j
In such a horror mood

:yejoice: