Kanye To The: Kanye West

Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' (Out Now)

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 423

What Nolan film is your favorite?

Following
7 (0.9%)
Memento
84 (10.3%)
Insomnia
7 (0.9%)
Batman Begins
19 (2.3%)
The Prestige
88 (10.8%)
The Dark Knight
334 (40.8%)
Inception
233 (28.5%)
The Dark Knight Rises
46 (5.6%)
Total Members Voted: 799
Mr. Yeezy
Old Man Nelly > Future and Drake combined

Reason #328 TDKR is ass
nope. TDKR is great. I actually thought it was really cool that they decided to focus on Gotham more than Batman for this film.

Mr. Yeezy

No it damn isn't :cmon:

I didn't know a film had to be about one person to be character driven. :cmon:

No one said anything about character study. :cmon:
lol by that logic, arent most films character driven :cmon:
iLGND

no, the city of Gotham is the center of TDKR
Prestige is about 2 people then, not a single character.
Memento is character driven, but I wouldnt really say it was a character study.

What the ****...
EnterGalacticLove...

Nolan bout to drop another classic :datass:
iLGND

nope. TDKR is great. I actually thought it was really cool that they decided to focus on Gotham more than Batman for this film.

It was more the idea of "Batman" ...

But I can't stand to discuss that ****ing movie on KTT anymore.
TheDuderinoAbides
Deleted

lol by that logic, arent most films character driven :cmon:
A film can very easily be character driven if it focuses on two people. How the **** is that NOT character driven. The film spends most of it's time on their two arcs and their obsessions. :cmon:
Mr. Yeezy

It was more the idea of "Batman" ...

lmao, ill jus say TDK focused more on "Batman"
TDKR focused more on the idea of "Gotham being beyond saving"
TheDuderinoAbides
Deleted

Neither can I, it just seems to attract feels where it goes on here.
Mr. Yeezy

A film can very easily be character driven if it focuses on two people. How the **** is that NOT character driven. The film spends most of it's time on their two arcs and their obsessions. :cmon:
Inception is a film about an idea, yet at the same time its about a man who leads his team into a ****ed up situation because of his selfishness. But that isnt the core of the film. So isnt Inception plot driven, rather than character driven?
TheDuderinoAbides
Deleted

Inception is a film about an idea, yet at the same time its about a man who leads his team into a ****ed up situation because of his selfishness. But that isnt the core of the film. So isnt Inception plot driven, rather than character driven?
:facepalm:
Inception is all about Cobb. His story is the core the film. The team isn't. Besides, I ain't even talking about Inception.
Finn The Human
What time is it?

am excite
t.
you don't wanna know what's going down.

I predict there will be a high increase of sodium levels in this thread.
Mr. Yeezy

:facepalm:
Inception is all about Cobb. His story is the core the film. The team isn't. Besides, I ain't even talking about Inception.
i never said its about the team. But it isnt all about Cobb. Its more of a film about the idea of inception.
A-Chess

Wormhole... Within a wormhole... Within a wormhole... Within a wormhole...
Sky
TV & Film: 1310

i never said its about the team. But it isnt all about Cobb. Its more of a film about the idea of inception.
Not just the idea, but the effect it had on Cobb. Inception ****ed up Cobb's life, and ironically enough, it was the same thing that gave him a chance at redemption.

But that came at the expense of friends, shady business deals, and his own mental health. 'Inception' is very much grounded in character - that is Cobb's character.
Mr. Yeezy

Not just the idea, but the effect it had on Cobb. Inception ****ed up Cobb's life, and ironically enough, it was the same thing that gave him a chance at redemption.

But that came at the expense of friends, shady business deals, and his own mental health. 'Inception' is very much grounded in character - that is Cobb's character.
But at the end of the film its a film about the perception of life. It challenges the viewer to think about whether the life that he is living - the life that we are all living - is a dream or reality. And that is the final and most important aspect this film wishes to embed in its viewers. It is shown through Cobb's character, but I always felt that it was the idea that drove this film rather than Cobb. Cobb is a shady character in the film until about halfway as well.
brainmelt

Hans Zimmer for Composing the Score

'Wormhole is Collapsing'
Sky
TV & Film: 1310

'Wormhole is Collapsing'
'Time AND SPACE' :wom: :wom: :wom:

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 423

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook