Kanye To The: Kanye West

---

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19

WakeUpMr.West
Don't quote me unless you agree with me

it's kinda like cheating but i respect them, you could basically call it scouting to an extent
yeah, labels can't afford putting money on someone that will flop with people not buying albums anymore. they gotta make sure they have to get some dough outta them first.

YoungMoney
Deleted

rt
I consider an industry plant someone who is signed by a label and then an artificial bandwagon is created, a la Trinidad James. Or even Meek Mill to a certain extent, because while he was popular, he was not THE Meek Mill until Ross got behind him.

IMO an industry plant is someone who is signed before they start dropping mixtapes.

Ever since Drake (who's come up was legit) and even A$AP Rocky to an extent, artists have been chasing that viral snowball fan effect.

You sign someone > Create their persona through vlogs of them in the studio > Take their best song and record a viral vid that creates their image (think ASAP's Peso. Represents everything the mob is in a nutshell.)  > Release a tape > and fans will be clamoring for you to get signed

It's the new version of the fake thug rags to riches stories they used to have rappers go around telling.

However, you have to be in a certain position for the label to even "plant" you. I'd much rather have a quick come-up like Trinidad or Rocky than be like Big KRIT and give away my best work for free and then have ****ty albums.
Blue Hefner

yeah, labels can't afford putting money on someone that will flop with people not buying albums anymore. they gotta make sure they have to get some dough outta them first.
yeah, i don't see why people are getting mad at this. makes sense to me.
djoats

good thread op

i agree i like this discussion
Blue Hefner

the only thing is just dont fake a rags to riches story
discman23

ken lamer. they even created a friendship with gaga
WakeUpMr.West

i think gaga genuinely likes him as an artist. and i blame him ****ing her in the ass for the reason why she wants to show it off all of a sudden.
Shabazsquiat

i think gaga genuinely likes him as an artist. and i blame him ****ing her in the ass for the reason why she wants to show it off all of a sudden.
that video>>>>
slimepost
the other was illmatic

Lizzy Grant is real, Lana Del Rey is a label creation.

Same goes for Lady Gaga.
Roc-A-Fella put State Property together like a boy band
Rodri
turn me up some

i do believe this friendship is somewhat fabricated
WakeUpMr.West

i do believe this friendship is somewhat fabricated
why
Rodri
turn me up some

why

idk. they're under the same label umbrella and it just seems weird
WakeUpMr.West

idk. they're under the same label umbrella and it just seems weird
that usually happens with most artists on the same label...
Rodri
turn me up some

that usually happens with most artists on the same label...

yea but then gaga was ****riding kendrick on twitter outta nowhere , seems very sus

seemed to just expose him more

that's me though bruh
keep it g🙏🏽
thinkin til my brain pops

lana del rey's the last one i remember people queefing over

internet's ed, though. reblogging blue jeans x100000, hyping the album up to impossible levels, then panning it when it isn't a classic :fly:
SPACEY.
The Wire is GOAT

Lizzy Grant is real, Lana Del Rey is a label creation.

Same goes for Lady Gaga.
so is Eminem tbh
UltraKid
Deleted

lana del rey's the last one i remember people queefing over

internet's ed, though. reblogging blue jeans x100000, hyping the album up to impossible levels, then panning it when it isn't a classic :fly:
I'd say most of the hate came after her SNL performance ....
chef

I don't really think Lil B fits the industry plant type.

Although he did have a major reinvention. Mm I like this topic

Pages:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19

Quick Reply
Login with Facebook